Chelsea 2-2 Juventus

BlueLion.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the Marchisio and Vucinic chance and Quagliarella hitting the bar. The penalty would have been soft.

Don't agree with this. Guy clearly clipped his legs, it's a bread and butter decision. I'm hoping refs are not singling out Hazard; from what I've seen he has incredible acceleration, which enables him to beat people to the ball, they catch up clip / knock him over. I'm afraid it's not deliberate or cynical play by the defenders, just beating by pace.

point of views... you scored two long distance goals, one with a deflection. and had a good chance with Mata after a great combination with Hazard. on the other hand we had, goals apart, 3 great opportunities and hitted the cross bar when we were 2-2. can't blame it on Juve if your players sometimes make mistakes, the draw was a fair result imo.. =)

I admire juventus mentality of not loosing which is what i single out to their case for deserving the draw but as for statistics, chelsea fc have beaten better teams with better statistics than juve (its in our DNA) so it is rare to see chelsea play well and come out with less than a win infact its just as rare as juve loosing this days if not more...I presume both teams will progress to the knockout phase but i dont really give a f..k who we meet there because we have beaten them all...yes and recently too...Corky huhh :getin:

Imagine what would happen if we started Mata , Hazard and Oscar all at the same time. I am pretty sure we would of won. RDM does not have the mentality that Guardiola/Mourinho/Heynckens etc. he needs to finish the game and he needs to start proper players. As i said before the game i knew JT would fuck up because he was not fit at all and Cahill is hungrier and more determined. Start the young players we have bought this needs to be a new era!

I think the draw is pretty fair. I think that was a penalty as we have all seen ones given with much less contact than that, but Juve threatened aswell, and quaglirela (cant remember how to spell his name lol) had a great chance towards the end. The fact we were 2-0 up makes it seem like we were unlucky there, but if the goals were the other way around they would be thinking what we were thinking. As RDM said we could of won it, they had chances to win it and overall the result was fair. I would have preferred it to be unfair and us to win anyway lol, but alas that is not the case.

Imagine what would happen if we started Mata , Hazard and Oscar all at the same time. I am pretty sure we would of won. RDM does not have the mentality that Guardiola/Mourinho/Heynckens etc. he needs to finish the game and he needs to start proper players. As i said before the game i knew JT would fuck up because he was not fit at all and Cahill is hungrier and more determined. Start the young players we have bought this needs to be a new era!

I dont think Terry suffered a lack of determination at all. Just failed on the offside trap

It would have left your midfield so exposed.

i'd rather we finish second and get Barca right away so we can dump them out or get dumped out early and concentrate on the league

What kind of fan wants us to finish second to another team? How you have come up with that conclusion I do not know

It would have left your midfield so exposed.

Why? Mate Lampard did not do any defensive work. And what about your defence. I am sure we would have scored more goals. We would have more possesion and more pace.

I admire juventus mentality of not loosing which is what i single out to their case for deserving the draw but as for statistics, chelsea fc have beaten better teams with better statistics than juve (its in our DNA) so it is rare to see chelsea play well and come out with less than a win infact its just as rare as juve loosing this days if not more...I presume both teams will progress to the knockout phase but i dont really give a f..k who we meet there because we have beaten them all...yes and recently too...Corky huhh :getin:

I agree I can't, as Juve fan, not admire Chelsea for what they did last year, beating the odds, not just strong opponents =) my comment was just about this match, which I believe had a fair result in the end!