QPR 0-0 Chelsea

Kieran.

I'm not gonna go n bash Lampard because i've got too much respect for him than that. I'm gonna just speak on today and yes, he was slow and off the pace and struggling but he still battled away and we got a good point. I see today as a good point, another point better off than last season as we lost there.

Wigan (A) = Last season 1-1, this season 2-0

Newcastle (H) = Last season 0-2, this season 2-0

QPR (A) = Last season 0-1, this season 0-0.

6 points better off and good cameo's from Moses and Sturridge.

We now move on. It's a good point.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not gonna go n bash Lampard because i've got too much respect for him than that. I'm gonna just speak on today and yes, he was slow and off the pace and struggling but he still battled away and we got a good point. I see today as a good point, another point better off than last season as we lost there.

I don't disagree with this, but we could have won if only RDM did a couple things differently.

At least we didn't lose though and i hope to see changes against Juve.

That's quite the positive spin. I like it.

Juve this lineup would have made sense so it will probably be same again but against Stoke we should make a statement with an attacking lineup.

Ramires in the pivot, Moses and Hazard wings, Mata central, Danny up front.

Both teams could've won though tbh, they had chances too so i don't wanna be too biased and say we should've won. If our players had all played together for 3 years, i'd be pissed off but i'm a realist. We won't be winning much in the next year or 2 but in 3-4 years i'm gonna be really pushing for us to win every game because we should be settled by then. Now, i'm not so sure.

Why was it "weird"? That is what happened. When Moses came on, both Ramires and Moses were on the RW within 10 yards of each other and you could see Hazard all the way on the left. After we lost possession you could see Moses yelling and pointing at Ramires where he should be. Hazard got the memo but Ramires didn't. Then when QPR had possession in our half you could see Ramires right next to Mikel.

ya that would be my reasoning for the word "weird" then. i should clarify i was watching the game on my phone and the connection kept going. i'd also say it was a little awakward becuase nobody really looked that comfortable, but surely its practiced in training. another point is that i dont actually think it was neccesary for us to go 4-3-3. the 4-2-3-1 may not have got us goals, but it was going ok. and we may have had a few goals if some players put some effort in.

Sturridge should have come on a lot earlier. Torres was not up for it at all today. Ramires, as we all say, is just not doing RW any good. and it's not his fault, i can understand playing Ramires/Bertrand on the wings during games where we need the extra defense, but this game should have been an attacking display form us, and we were just not set up that way.

HOPEFULLY this game will lead to RDM doing a bit of rotation and giving other players a chance. so although this was a bad game, hopefully it leads to some good thigns in the future!

Another improvement - we have kept 3 clean sheets in 4 league games so far. Took us 13 matches to achieve that last season!

That was last year - we've had a HUGE financial investment since then and we have the AVB factor to consider...

Yes, the results have been better, but the football has been poor. We just look disjointed, slow and lacking creativity... Perhaps playing Danny instead of Torres will improve this as the ball won't be turned over every time it goes forward... but you cannot deny it's an awful style of football we are playing...

I've not seen the last 20 minutes.

But with Ramires and Bertrand on the wings in the line-up, mikel-lampard in midfield in front of the defense. RDM didn't want to control the game, Bertrand and Ramires are pure counter-attacking players.

Mata was not there to help the midfield in the build-up.

But even if Hazard would have done it, there would only have Torres upfront.

Against QPR, I was expecting that he would have started with Moses and Oscar and not Bertrand and Ramires.

Come on, QPR have a better team too and we've changed a hell of a lot, it's not fifa where 5* Chelsea will whip QPR because they are like 4* and shitter. This is real life, the players need to settle and get used to each other and the formation and of course the English premiership. . We're top of the league, unbeaten and no matter what spin you put on it, i'm perfectly fine sitting here with 10 points from 4 games.

And another thing...

QPR have scored 2 GOALS in 3 games - hardly an attacking threat... why would he want to play Counter Attack?

It's obvious QPR wouldn't be ALL out ATTACK like Barca/Real...

This is my main problem - the ONE DIMENSIONAL approach to teams that are well organised and close us down with high pressing...

Gonna go out for a few beers now... but this game has still ruined my day - I know it's a draw, but feels like a defeat...

RDM is pretty much ball-less. Bertrand ahead of Moses/Sturridge/Oscar?! You're having a laugh... Pathetic starting line-up as the European Champion against a shit team.

I really don't want to say bad words to Lampard, but he was basically useless. All he's done were "tud, tud, tud" then lost possession. The worst thing is, he will still get picked to start almost every fucking match.

Come on, QPR have a better team too and we've changed a hell of a lot, it's not fifa where 5* Chelsea will whip QPR because they are like 4* and shitter. This is real life, the players need to settle and get used to each other and the formation and of course the English premiership. . We're top of the league, unbeaten and no matter what spin you put on it, i'm perfectly fine sitting here with 10 points from 4 games.

QPR have LOTS more NEW players than we do.... So we should have taken Advantage of that... We let them have 'belief' they could get something out of the game... We should never do that, we need to be ruthless and clinical....

9 men game aside we were pretty shite against them in the FA Cup..time before that was won due to a og so no shock really.We didnt loose..no one got sent off and we didnt concede.Could've been better but could've been worse.QPR didnt do to bad against top team last year

The performance was just FLAT, we didn't look dangerous at all.

RDM played his typical defensive formation (suprised to see bertrand on the left) + counter (Hazard had one good chance)

I will not complain about his formation and tactic because it had been very successfull last yeay

1. i think our problem is we dont have any physical presence either up top or in midfield.
  2. Just got bossed in midfield by granero and faurlin who i think are better than mikel lampard.
  3. Lampard is past it he actually had the fewest touches of anyone in the pitch excepy maybe torres.
  4. mikel is not the answer he is okay average maybe a squad player,he just slows it too much from midfield, by the time the ball reaches torres the opposition is set and we lose the ball.
  5. torres struggled without any space was crowded out.and as said before you need mikel lampard to move ball quicker for him to find space and be effective.
  6. What sturridge did was he found his own space dropped deep and looked lot more threatening.
  7. I think the problem with sturridge is fitness i dont think he has the stamina and becomes lazy later in the game.