QPR 0-0 Chelsea

Kieran.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, I also think RDM played an overly defensive starting lineup. I suspect that RDM is till looking for a balance for league games; unfortunately I think he hasn't realized yet that risk pays well in long championships. Math alone proves that: 1 win and a loss are always better than two draws (used to be the same when a win gave you 2 points). However, the starting line up would have been perfectly OK against a top club in an away from home match--that wasn't the case though!

Common! he started with Ramires and Bertrand on the wings... it doesn't get any more defensive than that.

I'd just warn that Moses and Sturridge came on in the second half once the defenders had been made tired by the players they replaced. Which by the way, is one reason a striker usually doesn't like to get subbed by the 70th minute of the game: he may feel it's unfair that he faced well fit defenders and just when defensive mistakes are more likely to happen another player comes on to rip the benefits.

Starting games is far more difficult than coming on late when things have already settled one way or another.

I don't think Chelsea were that terrible to be honest. I thought that aside from a brain dead Mikel backpass, Chelsea were pretty much in control. Finishing was nowhere to be found and ppl should really question Torres, because his movement was also terrible.

Damn! I thought we were in the transition phase yet we play the same set of players day in and day out .... when are we going to use the new talents we have in hand (probably after their enthusiasm for playing for the European champions is gone for a toss)....

I know lot of us wants the manager to be sacked despite being on the top of the table ... and honestly i give him 5 more months too ... because sometimes it is not only about winning (which every other Chelsea manager wants to do to impress Roman) but the way you go about doing it ... RDM needs to understand that what he has done is something no other Chelsea manager has done ever so f****** get into the transition mode, try out new tactics, rotate your squads and built for the future, Roman wouldnt fire u so easily .... and even if he does U r god damn a Champions winning manager, any top team could go for u .... stick to the plan that the club has .......

Positives :

• Mata got a rest
  • Luiz was the boss in defence
  • Sturridge and Moses played some good football, when they came on.

Things to Improve on :

• Could we please try the combination of Hazard-Oscar-(and later on Mata)-Moses. I think that should've have been the formation.
  • Ramires needs to play in the middle.
  • Romeu needs to have some game time
  • Lampard still thinks he's an attacking midfielder.
  • Torres' attitude annoyed me, he states to the media that he has learned from last season but storming off in frustration fair enough, but try to have some respect for the club, manager, players and for the fans.
  • And please play like you mean to play football, largely in the second half, we lacked presence...

Anyway, I don't think RDM should be sacked, however he has to take responsibility for the formation today!

I´m really disapointed with the result,4 games 12 points would sound comfortable.I can´t believe why Ramires play on the wing every game,he hasn´t the technique and individual ability to play there :angry:

I am a also noticed that the RDM came after the point and get it.

It is also successfully debuted Moses, that really he played very little.

We had a great chance today but did not know how stupid naked our players.

But it's still better than against Atleticu when we lost with 1-4.

I voted for Luiza, because the whole game was really great in defense and had some great passes.

For Juve i hope this formasion:

Cech

Azpili-Cahill-Luiz-Bertrand

Romeu-Oscar

Mata-Hazard-Moses

Sturridge

I miss Drogba

At least the others have dropped points as well. No one has a 100% record. To be championship material we need to minimise the dropping of points. Tough away fixture or not, we need to win. If this was Stoke away I can understand but this was a chance to extend our lead on the likes of Citeh and all we had to do was beat QPR. However, worryingly, much like last season...we didn't take advantage. I hope this 2 defensive wingers issue was only because Mata had to take a break and Oscar and Moses hadn't been integrated yet into the team. Plus, I'll admit, Loftus road especially with that atmoshpere would have been a tough place to start the game and make your debut with the crowd and the QPR team being so up for it, pressing hard, getting physical and in the face of our players.

However, Let's say 2 months down the road when Oscar and Moses have played some games and Mata is injured or something then surely he won't have Bertrand and Ramires on the wing again. Surely. It looked like he came into this game with only the intention of Drawing, which is poor on his part. Not the sign of a good manager at all (More the sign of a Lower table manager...). I did act prematurely saying he is on his way out and for that I apologise. I will try to stay patient and give him some time but it'll soon come to the point where we will find out if RDM is up for it (By December we'll know...We always know by then).

Right, now that I've slept on it and calmed down a bit, thoughts :

RDM

Clearly guilty of overestimating QPR's attacking threat. There's no way both Bertrand and Ramires should have started yesterday and enough has been said about that so won't dwell on that anymore. Too little, too late with the subs again. Criminal to not use Oscar at all and Sturridge/Moses this late on. Much preferred his approach against Reading where he went all out and brought Meireles on once the 3 points had been secured. Ramires looked much better once he moved inside and Moses shifted wide right but it's such an obvious thing to see so it's puzzling why the manager persists with him on the wing. Overall, not his best game but we move on.

Lampard

Shocker of a performance. A pass accuracy of 69% says it all. Too laboured, ponderous in possession and slowed the game down. Opponents have figured out a way to stop Chelsea - give them no time on the ball and force mistakes and sadly Lampard's continued selection plays into their hands in this regard. Of course he's not the only player guilty of this but his position on the pitch makes any mistake more costly.

The referee

2 definite penalties in my mind (Nelsen - Terry, boot in Cole's face). Also, what's with blowing up for a foul instead of playing the advantage when Hazard was bearing down on goal with QPR outnumbered at the back? A bad performance from the official but considering we were on the fortunate end against Reading with the offside winner, it would be hypocritical to bemoan our luck.

Torres

Two words : Fuck off.

The away support

Tremendous. Very vocal as always and heartening support for the two guys who came in for much derision from the home crowd. The 'John Terry, Ashley Cole!' and 'We know what we are - Champions of Europe, we know what we are!' brought me to my feet.

Anton Ferdinand

Is a massive cunt. I will not hold snubbing Terry (rightly or wrongly) against him but what's with the classless behaviour towards Cole? Cunt. If you watch the game again you'll find two instances of him trying to kick our attackers from behind while they broke forward in the second half. Mediocre player playing for a bunch of nobodies - he knows what he is.

Misc.

• David Luiz gave a mature performance and was MOTM in my eyes
  • The Loftus Road crowd cheering when JT pulled up with a tweak showed them for what they are. It was en masse and not isolated behaviour from a few individuals. I think I can safely say I won't miss them when they go down this season.
  • Hazard really should have put away one, if not both, of his chances yesterday.
  • Overall, a point is not ideal but probably fair considering out profilgacy and generally substandard play. There were a few bright spots but much work is to be done and a bit of a kick up the backside was needed to keep things moving in the right direction.
  • Finally, 6 points better off than the collection from these fixtures last year - that's not too shabby.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtmunf_queens-park-rangers-v-chelsea_sport?start=2

Handling, really lmperial gesture Luiza, who by this point only gathering of fans.

We have every reason were injured yesterday not for one but for the second penal

Yeah, and then shot the next 0-0 blame for inefficiency and an excellent goalkeeper Cesar, who has defended the 3 excellent shots.

What has the excellent QPR Zamoro, and Park and really good that the Cech both times on the site.

Would it me say that this was one of the hardest games for JT's and Cola, who are you really play professionally, including are handled by A. Ferdinand.

Thoughts on the match.

1. Torres: Not everything revolves around you, Nando. Storming off the pitch as 28 year old is unacceptable. You cannot do that, I don't care if you're John Terry or Islam Feruz, you don't storm off the pitch. You're a great player, but just because times aren't the best or tactics aren't fitting you that doesn't mean going straight to the locker room is acceptable. You made some great runs and had a few goes, but you were below par. You should be benched for the next game due to this action.

2. Moses - Our best RW at the moment. Played for 20-30 minutes or so and was sensational. Never made a mistake and was very crisp with his touches and movement. Released a great shot that was saved by Cesar and a wonderful cross to Hazard, who blasted it over. Moses is a great signing and has shown that he deserves a spot in the team.

3. Ramires: Not a RW, he's a midfielder and his stats showed that he is one. He played as a RW a few times last year and was impressive, but he is still not a RW like Moses or Sturridge. We must play him in a more central position.

4. John Terry and Cole: Good performances from our Captain and Left back. Showed that no matter what they're dealing with off the field, they bring their best game on the field. Praise for these men should be at a high.

5. RDM: Too defensively minded and too narrow. Poor lineup as Moses was left out.Sturridge should have been brought in earlier.

6. Lampard and Mikel pairing: Horrendous pair, it was like "watching a tragedy movie for 90 mins" (quote from Twitter) and the user is right. They are not the pair we should use. They both either attack together or defend together. One should sit back while one attacks, always. Romeu-Lamps, Meireles-Lamps, Oscar-Lamps, Essien-Lamps would be great pairings, but 2 of those can't be achieved. Need a better pair there.

7. Sturridge: Danny deserves a spot in the XI or at least more playing time. He was much better than Torres, today and played in his natural CF position. He certainly can perform as a winger, too.

8. Bertrand: Strictly a left back, RDM's obsession with making him a LW is a poor one and he should keep Ryan as a back-up to Cole.

9. David Luiz: Calmer than ever and playing great in the back, but Gary Cahill is still the better of the two and has a better relationship with JT. Cahill and JT work perfectly together and both know their place. Luiz is calm, but still makes those mistakes that cost us.

10. Romeu and Oscar: Should get more playing time. They both are eager to play and are full of skill and talent. Failing to play them is a bad way to do things at the Bridge. Both are composed and mellow with the ball. They don't make many errors and could replace Mikel.

with hazard continuously drifting tothe left, our creative midfielder was lampard and as max mentioned lampard had a pass% of 69%. says it all really. our only source of attacks were cech's goalkicks

Handling, really lmperial gesture Luiza, who by this point only gathering of fans.

We have every reason were injured yesterday not for one but for the second penal

Yeah, and then shot the next 0-0 blame for inefficiency and an excellent goalkeeper Cesar, who has defended the 3 excellent shots.

What has the excellent QPR Zamoro, and Park and really good that the Cech both times on the site.

Would it me say that this was one of the hardest games for JT's and Cola, who are you really play professionally, including are handled by A. Ferdinand.

I agree.

Bench Torres till he learns to grow the fuck up. That was the last straw from me with Torres, sell the fucker in January.

I liked seeing Moses on the pitch, he is always out wide (havent had that for a while). Sturridge and Moses changed the game. Play hungry players!!!!

Also Ramires looked a lot better in the 4-3-3 formation.

Pls lads let's look on the bright side. RVP is in red hot form for manu so is tevez for city and podolsky for arsenal and torres in this game was below par but we are still TOP OF THE LEAGUE and unlike manu mancity arsenal we can only only get better wen our new attackers settle in.

Positives :

• Mata got a rest
  • Luiz was the boss in defence
  • Sturridge and Moses played some good football, when they came on.

Things to Improve on :

• Could we please try the combination of Hazard-Oscar-(and later on Mata)-Moses. I think that should've have been the formation.
  • Ramires needs to play in the middle.
  • Romeu needs to have some game time
  • Lampard still thinks he's an attacking midfielder.
  • Torres' attitude annoyed me, he states to the media that he has learned from last season but storming off in frustration fair enough, but try to have some respect for the club, manager, players and for the fans.
  • And please play like you mean to play football, largely in the second half, we lacked presence...

Anyway, I don't think RDM should be sacked, however he has to take responsibility for the formation today!

He is. But RDM thinks he's a defensive one.

Can people please stop playing the We're top of the league card?

We are only 4 games in, and our opponents have dropped points against good sides.

Yes we're on top of the league, and while that is good, i fear RDM has shown his cards, and the team selection for QPR really makes me worried.

That is all !!

Hopefully his quiet, calm exterior is only a fraction of him as a person , not his personality as a manager. I am worried.

He will either grow some balls over the season, or will continue to think that the only way to achieve glory is through the methods he used last season, which were as negative as possible. Understandable at times, as we were playing European Powerhouses, but doing the same more than a few times this season against much lesser sides, what???

This was QPR.

He is a nice guy, but he needs to change his mindset and take risks. Change never comes without atleast some risks and gambles. RDM is trying to change things without even a single risk, which i dont think is possible.

And to the people saying we got 1 more point than what we achieved last season..... last season was a joke.... 1 more point than last season's result is nothing to be positive about. We are the European champions, and yesterdays Line-up against a much much inferior opposition was an Embarrasment and insult to that Title.

I said if we could take 10 points from our first 12 available that I would be very happy - even though I expected the points to be dropped against Newcastle rather than QPR. London derby matches are never a given, particularly with the furore surrounding this fixture. A point at Loftus Road is a decent one, in truth. We have a pony record there, as we do at Villa Park. Some fans just think we have a God-given right to win every game.

Pleased with the defensive performance. Ivanovic has responded to the criticism aimed at him - that was his best performance since the Nou Camp. Luiz had a couple of scary moments but was otherwise solid. John Terry was fantastic. We lacked a little going forward, but Hazard showed glimpses once again, and Moses and Sturridge looked very lively. I'd like to see an experimental front three of Danny, Eden and Victor in an upcoming match!