QPR 0-0 Chelsea

Kieran.

It's ok to say we need to be ruthless and clinical but it's not easy to just do it, they are a decent team who have had some tough games. This is QPR's biggest game of the season and this whole racism issue has made it more than a game. Not many teams will have an easy game against QPR away this season, Swansea was just one of those things that can happen, it doesn't mean they will be that shit every week.

Everyone will drop points, at least whether we've been shit or not, we're getting points and that's all that matters. Being top will give us something to hold on to and some confidence.

What we just saw was a battle, not a football match. We didn't cave in and got a well earned point from it. At least we showed passion and courage to not lose the game.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. i think our problem is we dont have any physical presence either up top or in midfield.
  2. Just got bossed in midfield by granero and faurlin who i think are better than mikel lampard.
  3. Lampard is past it he actually had the fewest touches of anyone in the pitch excepy maybe torres.
  4. mikel is not the answer he is okay average maybe a squad player,he just slows it too much from midfield, by the time the ball reaches torres the opposition is set and we lose the ball.
  5. torres struggled without any space was crowded out.and as said before you need mikel lampard to move ball quicker for him to find space and be effective.
  6. What sturridge did was he found his own space dropped deep and looked lot more threatening.
  7. I think the problem with sturridge is fitness i dont think he has the stamina and becomes lazy later in the game.

what, you are just now noticing that all of our attackers and midfielders are midgets (except mikel)?

what, you are just now noticing that all of our attackers and midfielders are midgets (except mikel)?

Its not a height thing, its more of a physicality thing.... Mikel is over 6 foot lampard is 6 foot and torres is also 6 foot, the problem is we don't have the man who will run through a wall up front any more, making these long balls extremely ineefective... If we put in danny up top, and put moses in on the right then we will be a bit better at that and also we would have more options and won't have to lump it forward.

Di Matteo is mentally challenged really. Lampard was ineffectice yet again. Far too much player power at Chelsea. Just about any other club and Frank would not be a starter. Sturridge should be played as a CF against Stoke. RDM is on thin ice. To be honest he just appears to be a moron in a suit (ala AVB) trying to be a tactical genius. Has no idea what he is doing. At least Citeh draw and we're still on top of the table. Another lineup like that (Even against Juventus) and I will be actually wanting Di Matteo to get sacked.

Fuck off, 4 games and we've got 10 points, yeah he made a bad decision but give him time. We always complain about our managers always getting sacked, yet we cry every time they make one mistake "Roman, I want a new manager :cry:!". We need to actually stick to a manager and we're not exactly struggling either, after 1 average performance, ranting like we've been shit for a whole season. We're spoilt, we are just going to become a laughing stock if we sack manager after manager.

KTBFFH

Let's focus on the positives here: we are still top of the league. :blue scalf:

But yeah, not a good performance today. Need to do much better against Juventus on Wednesday or they're going to tear us a new one.

Its not a height thing, its more of a physicality thing.... Mikel is over 6 foot lampard is 6 foot and torres is also 6 foot, the problem is we don't have the man who will run through a wall up front any more, making these long balls extremely ineefective... If we put in danny up top, and put moses in on the right then we will be a bit better at that and also we would have more options and won't have to lump it forward.

you are very right. But sturridge can't run through walls. but i see what you are saying. I wasn't exactly excited when we bought Moses because i didn't see what use he could have. the last couple of games Chelsea have had has showed me exactly why we have bought him, for his presence. He's quick, he has determination, he keeps the ball and the only reason i can think of that he didnt start, is because he is still settling in. but he HAS to start the game against Stoke, thats hte kind of team he is built to play against. Sturridge needs to play more as well for exactly the reaon you stated. i would even be satisfied seeing Sturridge on RW and Moses on LW. having them both on the pitch would be attack attack attack.

Moses is ok in terms of defense as well. he does get back, so im hoping he is going to be put ahead of Ramires for that RW spot.

No i knew it all along our squad is very imbalanced we definitely need a essien(prime),tiote toure type player and a CF good in the air.When a team crowds the midfield you need someone to hold the ball and bring runners into the game.

Another option is to have someone like tevez who hunts down everything short but very strong on the ball.

Torres is neither this nor that his entire game is reliant on movement and we need someone else im afraid.

you are very right. But sturridge can't run through walls. but i see what you are saying. I wasn't exactly excited when we bought Moses because i didn't see what use he could have. the last couple of games Chelsea have had has showed me exactly why we have bought him, for his presence. He's quick, he has determination, he keeps the ball and the only reason i can think of that he didnt start, is because he is still settling in. but he HAS to start the game against Stoke, thats hte kind of team he is built to play against. Sturridge needs to play more as well for exactly the reaon you stated. i would even be satisfied seeing Sturridge on RW and Moses on LW. having them both on the pitch would be attack attack attack.

Moses is ok in terms of defense as well. he does get back, so im hoping he is going to be put ahead of Ramires for that RW spot.

Yeah. though mata should be back well rested and ready to go next week.... I don't see RDM making wholesale changes, but right now i would take just seeing:

Hazard Mata Moses as that should cause a lot more problems... Also Hazard seems to do better when on the left, though that could just be down to mata being next to him so they can link up a bit more...

Torres reaction is just inexcusable. His constant bad attitude and shit performances should surely be enough to get a new forward. Of course people on here will keep defending him, probably even when he's out of the club.

The bigger problem of the match was however that there was no creativity from the wings really and there was no techical gifted player to go into combinations with Hazard, yes Mata was out but there was still Oscar and Moses on the bench who would no doubt have done wonders. Also sad to say it, cause I love Frank, but he really doesn't have much to contribute with in matches like this at all. Getting Ramires down on the central midfield with Mikel would be a way better option.

And Torres isn't fucking strolling around 80% of the time?

im actually in favour of sturridge . But i think RDM feels sturridge has poor work rate more than being selfish and hence doesnt play him enough.As you said torres is not significantly better. I think it is only a matter of time before sturridge starts.

For me the line-up against QPR was a repetition before the game against Juventus.

You can only explain Bertrand and Ramires on the wings if you think about the wing-backs of Juventus in their 3-5-2.

I think RDM's thinking was to use this game as a practice for this line-up.

We only try quick counter-attacks today, we didn't try to control the game.

Some says well we are doing better than last season by gaining a point more so relax. No, for me that's not the right attitude at all. Every bloody point matters in EPL, if we have the ambitious to claim the title we should fight as hard as we can to grab every available points.

It's QPR not Barca for god sakes, you don't start a LB-converted Bertrand to play on the wing, what the fuck is the purpose?! to defend the likes of SWP and Fabio?! RDM simply didn't try hard enough to seek a win, when you have the attacking conductor of Brazil NT sitting on the bench, unused, you know it's very wrong.

I feel like RDM is still small-team minded. We are the Champion of Europe, we should attack the shit out of them from the first whistle, get a comfortable lead then sit back and relax.

Roberto Di Mateo set his team to avoid defeat rather than to go for the win. He was scared of losing after the drubbing at Monaco. He's forgetting though that the best form of defence is attack, you don't play a defender and a midfielder out of position on the wings and expect to create chance after chance. I guess this was the blow to some of us who had high hopes for this season, at this rate we would be in a struggle at the end of the season to qualify for the Champions League. I hate to criticize Di Mateo but it seems the only tactic he knows is Percentage football, even Allardyce tries to play good football these days.... :rant: