Victor Moses

Superblue

He is better than kalou and i would have played him over kalou. Obviously he wouldn't be near Ramires, though it was very rare we played Ramires at RW as for most of the season he was in a more central position.

He is, but Kalou got the nod primarily because of defensive duties. He hardly did anything of note going forward, but did a commendable job defensively.

I need to clarify that it's more an opinion than hatred. Why some people here are so difficult or arrogant to accept different opinions.

For the last time, I don't hate Sturridge, I just dislike his attitude and don't think he is good enough for Chelsea.

It wasn't aimed specifically at you. Your opinion might not be formed out of hatred, but it appears to be a consensus to hold an anathema toward him.

Right that must be it, doesn't have anything to do with his selfishness or the way he played in the second half of last season.

I didn't say he was faultless, in the first time.

Your not talking about a 4-6-0 formation your simply talking about occasions when the striker has dropped back. Dzeko wouldn't count as being in a 4-6-0 formation as he is an out and out striker and a target man. Man city have never played a 4-6-0 formation.

It was an example, one more time I was just disagreeing the fact it's an impossible system to implement in Premier League or at Chelsea. It worked at Everton and when a manager implements a system, he can mix the sequences or parts he's interested in. You can expect the striker to play as a false nine when the team is in the attacking third and you can ask him to finish the actions as well: during the tournament, if Torres made something an incredible amount of times, that's asking the ball back then going into space. He's very good at it.

Just on the sequence where Pedro is bitching by selfishly missing a tap-in, Torres makes this specific move back-forward 3 times in 20 seconds.

But you can ask your striker to press the defense and behave as a real 9 when the team wants to regain the ball as well.

All is matter of instructions. 4-6-0 is not labelled "Spain" neither "boring possession football", it's a genuine tactical approach (which doesn't mean you have to change everything, just a manner to face the opponent and how he's organized at the moment) to face some teams, especially ones parking the bus

I would like us to sign Victor but I think Hoilett is a better player now and he's got more potential. Hoilett will score more goals but i think Victor is a bit more skillful and he'll create more openings in tight games off the bench. We shouldn't let QPR just sign without putting a bid in because he's got great ability !

I would like us to sign Victor but I think Hoilett is a better player now and he's got more potential. Hoilett will score more goals but i think Victor is a bit more skillful and he'll create more openings in tight games off the bench. We shouldn't let QPR just sign without putting a bid in because he's got great ability !

I appreciate both as players. But if Hoilett is nearer to the finished product than Moses is, their mentalities isn't even comparable...

For one month, Hoilett doesn't seem to be able to agree financial terms with M'Gladbach who offers him Champions League and Reus' armchair

The right and left wing has been a problem for a long time. Once we sort that we can look at the Playmaker spot, possibly in winter. Lamps and Mikel can cope till then I hope.

They've only really been a problem for a year. Anelka and Malouda were top scorers before that. We've had striker problems for two years. I think people are massively over-selling the need for more elite offensive talent. You really only need a few guys who are going to score and a few guys who are going to be the creators. When Chelsea set the record for goals (103), we only had 4 players with more than 5 goals and 4 players with more than 5 assists. Last year, Man City, the top scoring team had 3 players with more than 6 goals (and 2 of them played the same position) and 3 players with more than 6 assists. Real Madrid scored a ridiculous 121 goals and only 3 players scored more than 5 times (and 2 of them played the same position) and only 3 had double digit assists. You're generally going to get almost all of your offensive production from 3-4 players no matter what. You need the rest of the squad to be able to play quieter roles building up and opening up play and being responsible defensively. Right now, our big question mark going into the season is Torres. If he can score regularly, Chelsea will be OK, if he can't, we'll be in big trouble again.

umm, i dont see point in moses if we get hulk/jovetic. both are top rw though jovetic stillbwould need to learn rw as he's ss, but we can make it work. we had anelka, and kalou and studge all st's play at rw, did we suffer that much? i would argue no, not all. and we can promote a fella called KDB who could easily be backup winger or cm. why buy moses to stunt his growth? we're gettin younger and marin, hazard, hulk/jovetic, and kdb are enough with ramires comin in at tines of emergency.

moses- great talent, high cieling, not needed cuz we will sign better rw, and if we dont, then idk what the would be! moses and marin rw but then we losr sooo much prescence up top, which is why hulk or jovetic is needed.

Cant believe people are sticking up for Sturridge. That guy has some serious ego issues. Anyway Moses could become something special. People hated on Cahill and the guy played superbly against Barca/Munich.

People hated on Cahill and the guy played superbly against Barca/Munich.

Completely off topic but I had concerns about Cahill and I still have ones. He's solid and commited, he's always been. But it's like if you say of a GK that he has good reflexes... we cannot judge on that. Tactically he's weak to cover his full back. And he has too much waste in his short/long distribution as well

Anyway, back on topic

Off topic but Cahill is a quality defender. Ever since the Napoli game, he has been solid and think he is going to end up being a Chelsea legend. I actually think Cahill as a burst of pace in him and has been a very good signing for the small fee that we have got him for. Barcelona, Arsenal and Tottenham, in these three games he has shown why he is a quality defender and will only improve, but as you say back on topic

Cant believe people are sticking up for Sturridge. That guy has some serious ego issues. Anyway Moses could become something special. People hated on Cahill and the guy played superbly against Barca/Munich.

People stick up for Sturridge because he's young, talented, and produces. He led us in scoring as a 21-year old playing out of position. He has ego issues, but most top players do. I'll take big ego and production over the opposite any day.To me, this is a very English attitude and a big reason why England isn't any good on the National level. They love the quiet, humble players who do their jobs and have mediocre ability. Players like Downing and Henderson and James Milner are perfect examples of this. Balotelli wouldn't get near the English squad. "His ego is too big, he only thinks about himself, etc..." If Sturridge had been playing in another country, people here would be salivating over his youtube videos and talking about making a 30M bid.

If Sturridge had been playing in another country, people here would be salivating over his youtube videos and talking about making a 30M bid.

Of course, because we wouldn't have seen full games of his and how shit he was from January to May :lol:

He was not "shit". Just got found out a bit and did not improve on his performances. He is very young of age and has time to improve which I believe he will if given the chances, I actually believe Sturridge would have made a difference if he was at the Euros. Ramires struggled when he first came but after a few months turned out a brilliant player for us, so have faith

People stick up for Sturridge because he's young, talented, and produces. He led us in scoring as a 21-year old playing out of position. He has ego issues, but most top players do. I'll take big ego and production over the opposite any day.To me, this is a very English attitude and a big reason why England isn't any good on the National level. They love the quiet, humble players who do their jobs and have mediocre ability. Players like Downing and Henderson and James Milner are perfect examples of this. Balotelli wouldn't get near the English squad. "His ego is too big, he only thinks about himself, etc..." If Sturridge had been playing in another country, people here would be salivating over his youtube videos and talking about making a 30M bid.

But he hasnt done anything in 2012? So now we have no end product and a big ego. Also top players can have an ego because they produce, Sturridge was shinning bright in a demotivated Chelsea side.

Big part plays how player adopts to the club. Its not just talent, but also attitude to work.

Moses is kind of player we need; he can start immediately and still at 21 has plenty years left. Also he had terrific season in Prem. league.

I dont see why you see this player only as squad player...He is as big talent as Gotze (i know, harsh comparrison), but the point is that Gotze has more media fame. If Moses would be english, playing for Arsenal or whoever, he would be one of top 5 prospects in world. Not everyone can rip Sagna like Moses did.