Victor Moses

Superblue

I am baffled by all the hatred directed towards Sturridge. It's like all the ladyboy fanbase is searching for a scapegoat in order to abuse him, so their beloved blondie doesn't get the critics he deserves.

Right that must be it, doesn't have anything to do with his selfishness or the way he played in the second half of last season.

I think I'll create a list of Sturridge Haters/Doubters and if he comes good I'll name and shame. I might do it with Maicon as well.

Well I doubted Torres from the moment he came here, and people defend him like a plague.

While Sturridge has done more in less time then Torres, for less money he cost and is receiving.

I think you'd have a too big ego to admit it but if I list all the players you didn't even now by their name but that you still criticized that have litterally smacked you because they were in fact good ?

Like who?

P.S: It's pretty hypocritical to comment on my ego when your a self-arrogant/smug prick.

I think I'll create a list of Sturridge Haters/Doubters and if he comes good I'll name and shame. I might do it with Maicon as well.

That can be done already i bet with every member here about someone. Might even be you about Victor Moses in the not so distant future. We all have opinions and should be entitled to express them without arguing altho it can be fun.

Sturridge (again off topic) has all the pace, confidence, skill and ability but he doesn't show it enough. He started last season really well but when it got into the business end, he faded and when he had his opportunities to make an impact and put a case for starting, he showed nothing. I have a feeling if next season isn't his last, the year after will be. I do like him but has a pretty shit attitude sometimes.

Be careful what you wish for. I will absolutely rip into the people who are on the list and go to town on them.

LMFAO, I'm so scared! LOL don't kill yourself if you are wrong though.

Like I said, I'm more than happy to be proven wrong and I want Sturridge to succeed because it is a good thing for Chelsea.

I guarentee you that won't work for us, as our supply line will end up being our main attack line and i would rather depend on out and out strikers scoring the goals than depending on everyone else in behind. It would be pretty stupid in my opinion with the players we have to do that. Also its easy to play that way when your team has messi, iniesta and xavi like barcelona. People also forget that spain tried that system against Italy in the first game of the tournment and it was pretty ineffective. Torres played vs Rep of Irelan, and then they tried the 4-6-0 vs croatia and it again was unimpressive with a last minute winner, and modric who played it apart at times despite thier 6 men in midfield/attack. Yes they played it amazingly in the first half of the game vs italy, but i am sure all systems have worked at times. The system would also mean that mata would probably play the false 9 as you call it which isn't where mata is most effective, as he is better used in a place where he can dictate the action and set up the man more advanced. Also the wings would be fairly ineffective as when the ball got there we would have to cut inside and pass it through as there would be no crosses as we would have no ariel threat, except from corners when the big men came up. Also Spain and barcelona play a high line with pacy defenders to make the system work, which we know from being under AVB isn't good for us.

For me anyway, i would hate to see that system. We are not barcelona and we shouldn't try to play like them. Let arsenal do that and they can win Fuck all.

I don't pretend it's the system we should play, I was just giving my opinion on the statement "it's a shite system, especially in PL"

Forms of 4-6-0 doesn't mean possession football. Because you play high, of course you expect your players to be technically aware and not wastefull. Or at least having quick CBs and a quick explosive goalkeeper. But it's a system/animation you can play with a direct approach.

Of course the system featuring Fabregas as a number 10 and Iniesta and Silva as high attacking midfielders fixing the defense requires a specific game plan. But you don't need to be extreme.

You can put sequences of 4-6-0 in your play, just look at Na$ri's goal against Tottenham. The game was closed and what made the difference beside Silva's terrific pass is Dzeko, his movement is absolutely brilliant. Then Nasri has a boulevard and shots the harder he can in front of Friedel. Dzeko's movement was typically what you can expect from a false 9 on this action.

It was my point, when the game is closed because the team stays deep, a 4-6-0 sequence can unlock your game

I am baffled by all the hatred directed towards Sturridge. It's like all the ladyboy fanbase is searching for a scapegoat in order to abuse him, so their beloved blondie doesn't get the critics he deserves.

I need to clarify that it's more an opinion than hatred. Why some people here are so difficult or arrogant to accept different opinions.

For the last time, I don't hate Sturridge, I just dislike his attitude and don't think he is good enough for Chelsea.

I don't pretend it's the system we should play, I was just giving my opinion on the statement "it's a shite system, especially in PL"

Forms of 4-6-0 doesn't mean possession football. Because you play high, of course you expect your players to be technically aware and not wastefull. Or at least having quick CBs and a quick explosive goalkeeper. But it's a system/animation you can play with a direct approach.

Of course the system featuring Fabregas as a number 10 and Iniesta and Silva as high attacking midfielders fixing the defense requires a specific game plan. But you don't need to be extreme.

You can put sequences of 4-6-0 in your play, just look at Na$ri's goal against Tottenham. The game was closed and what made the difference beside Silva's terrific pass is Dzeko, his movement is absolutely brilliant. Then Nasri has a boulevard and shots the harder he can in front of Friedel. Dzeko's movement was typically what you can expect from a false 9 on this action.

It was my point, when the game is closed because the team stays deep, a 4-6-0 sequence can unlock your game

Your not talking about a 4-6-0 formation your simply talking about occasions when the striker has dropped back. Dzeko wouldn't count as being in a 4-6-0 formation as he is an out and out striker and a target man. Man city have never played a 4-6-0 formation.

And on the sturridge front i think people are being too harsh. Simply put he started off as a starter and looked to be excelling at chelsea then his appearances started to tail off and other players were put in front of them. This means that he probably has an extra desire to prove himself every time he gets a chance on the pitch so is trying to hard and trying to do the spectacular. I agree with people that he has been too greedy but that doesn't mean he should be written off or sold. There will be plenty of teams who would love to have him and it would be ashame to see him go elsewhere and do really well. Especially when its happenned before with other youth that we have let go.

Too much talk. We lost Didier, Kalou and Anelka. 3 strikers. This guys is coming as a squad player, right now we only have Torres and Sturridge. Its only 10m (7m + bonus). Better than pay 18m for some kid with no experience in PL, and that will need 2 or 3 seasons on load to become a player good enough for Chelsea.

No need to knock on Lukaku when he hasn't been given the chance to prove himself....However I agree with your initial point.

We can play 4-6-0 with Hazard as false 9 ;)

No we can't. and why would we want to? If gives us nothing extra except a lack of scoring options. We really want to be relying on Hazard and Mata to supply all the goals i don't. 4-2-3-1 gotta be the way to go, makes the most of everything we have in the team. No-one here has mentioned us playing a 4-6-0 formation and all of a sudden spain play it and we should be doing it. :fainthv9:

his appearances started to tail off and other players were put in front of them.

This only happened because he wasn't playing well.

If he was, then there's no chance of Ramires or Kalou starting on the wings before him.

No we can't. and why would we want to? If gives us nothing extra except a lack of scoring options. We really want to be relying on Hazard and Mata to supply all the goals i don't. 4-2-3-1 gotta be the way to go, makes the most of everything we have in the team. No-one here has mentioned us playing a 4-6-0 formation and all of a sudden spain play it and we should be doing it. :fainthv9:

:lol: someone mentioned us playing 4-6-0 earlier and it just came to my mind now that Hazard can be deployed as a CF.

I agree though about 4-2-3-1, or 4-3-2-1 if we don't get Hulk.

This only happened because he wasn't playing well.

If he was, then there's no chance of Ramires or Kalou starting on the wings before him.

He is better than kalou and i would have played him over kalou. Obviously he wouldn't be near Ramires, though it was very rare we played Ramires at RW as for most of the season he was in a more central position.