Victor Moses

Superblue

Moyes implemented it with success at Everton with Tim Cahill

And I do think it's the best system to play teams who park the bus. If you play a 4-6-0 with a player such as Rooney as a false nine, he aspires the defenders by leaving his position and a winger can cut inside. If the defender don't follow the Rooney, then he can turn around and shoot and score (like against us at SB). And if the defender is tempted to come out, a winger can run into the space.

What Spain does is very smart because they even play with 3 players with specific roles between the lines. Fabregas is the false nine and leaves his position whereas Iniesta and Silva ay be higher than Fabregas. Silva and Iniesta are really fixing the defenders, they make them focused on another thing by standing where they are.

4-6-0 means a lot of players between the lines because the false nine allows two support players to insert into spaces he creates. And it's way to counter teams parking the bus.

You can play a quite direct way with 4-6-0, the only thing that changes with Spain is that they decide to play possession. If you ask your offensive players to shoot and put the CK under pressure, there's no reason not using the 4-6-0.

Ancelotti already used it at Old Trafford when we won in 2010, Drogba was surprisingly benched (because he is regarded as a player who weighs on the defense line and makes them staying deeper) to play Anelka. Anelka left his position and Malouda and Joe Cole were higher than him, running into space created by Anelka

But you hardly can play a similar way of 4-6-0 away because you have to be very high and keep possession, what's more difficult considering that you're "not supposed" to play when you play away. It's better to play it at home against a team who will only defend. Because that way of playing does not really plan the defensive duties of the between the lines players (tracking full backs by example)

I guarentee you that won't work for us, as our supply line will end up being our main attack line and i would rather depend on out and out strikers scoring the goals than depending on everyone else in behind. It would be pretty stupid in my opinion with the players we have to do that. Also its easy to play that way when your team has messi, iniesta and xavi like barcelona. People also forget that spain tried that system against Italy in the first game of the tournment and it was pretty ineffective. Torres played vs Rep of Irelan, and then they tried the 4-6-0 vs croatia and it again was unimpressive with a last minute winner, and modric who played it apart at times despite thier 6 men in midfield/attack. Yes they played it amazingly in the first half of the game vs italy, but i am sure all systems have worked at times. The system would also mean that mata would probably play the false 9 as you call it which isn't where mata is most effective, as he is better used in a place where he can dictate the action and set up the man more advanced. Also the wings would be fairly ineffective as when the ball got there we would have to cut inside and pass it through as there would be no crosses as we would have no ariel threat, except from corners when the big men came up. Also Spain and barcelona play a high line with pacy defenders to make the system work, which we know from being under AVB isn't good for us.

For me anyway, i would hate to see that system. We are not barcelona and we shouldn't try to play like them. Let arsenal do that and they can win Fuck all.

If Torres gets injured I cant help but feel we will get fucked with Sturridge starting. Torres can at least assist when not scoring, Sturridge even scores or keeps shooting. Hope he leaves.

One of the more baffling phenomenon on this forum, i can never understand why some people have such a high regard for Torres while in the same time a low opinion of Sturridge. Note: i am quite aware of HKNS history of affection for Torres and his harsh criticism of Sturridge.

Why is it some of Torres extreme fans always slate Sturridge and wishing he gets sold? Emoticon-Think.gif

As has been said so many times before, If we sign Hulk he can play CF. So that's 3 CF's right there. No need to buy an out and out Striker. Also, Sturridge is unproven as a striker? That is truly rich as he has played CF his entire life...It's also obvious he has Talent. We shouldn't give up on him just yet.

You imagine Hulk playing back to goal as a lone striker, making strikers runs etc... ? I dont

Not all the time he didn't. I remember watching one match against West Ham when he scored twice. Elmander and Kevin Davies where playing behind him, Davies was next to him on paper but not in a match. It's the same thing, only a little unproven but not unproven. And we cannot go off and buy some forward for 20 million. We need to use our players otherwise whats the point, i want Sturridge to develope but how will he if we buy a striker.

He's confident and he has a responsibility, but if we buy another striker he wont get any games.

I watched a lot of Bolton games in 2010/2011, Coyle played 4-4-2/4-2-4 with Elmander as a right midfield (he put him there because there were injured players and that Elmander lost confidence in front of goal but not his work rate. I wasn't convinced vs WBA but after it came to be a brilliant idea I think. Many managers would have lost faith and put Elmander on the bench).

I don't agree with you about their positionning, at the contrary I noticed that Davies weighed on the defense and make the defenders staying deeper in order to left the maximum of space for Sturridge between the midfield and attack lines. And I think it's his best position. He could supply Davies as well as enjoying his (now gone) terrific ability to put players in shooting position with his touches back. And he could orientate the play as well or going to goal by himself.

I think he's definitely a support stiker, players such as Anelka or Fabregas can hold the "false nine" role because their leaving position runs are what is expected from them. The difference with Sturridge is that because he wants to do everything, he can't manage to be a focal point or allowing diagonal runs for his team mates.

If we sign someone like Salomon Rondon, Steven Fletcher who can really be focal point, I definitely wouldn't mind. We have only Torres the goalscorer as a striker. Otherwise, Sturridge, Torres the assister or even Moses, Hulk etc... are support or wing players. Lukaku is kind but we cannot rely on him at the moment.

Like Zolayes said (and what I was going to answer to Konohas) is that on 60 games you can't rely on 1 proven central striker. A team is starting players and squad players

One of the more baffling phenomenon on this forum, i can never understand why some people have such a high regard for Torres while in the same time a low opinion of Sturridge. Note: i am quite aware of HKNS history of affection for Torres and his harsh criticism of Sturridge.

Why is it some of Torres extreme fans always slate Sturridge and wishing he gets sold? Emoticon-Think.gif

Yes I love Torres (no homo). When Torres went through a drought at least he assists or has the vision to pick out key passes. Sturridge during the second half of the season was pure shit. Watching Sturridge is frustrating, the number of times he shot when a simple pass would guarantee a goal. I dont want to see players like that. He is young but I can never see him becoming world class, just another overrated English player in my eyes.

Whelan is demanding 10m for him! We can sign him easily!

Precisely he asks at least 10 or 12m for two different reasons: he thinks the player isn't ready to leave (I think so, except if Di Matteo identified him as a part of his plans) and don't want some clubs to sign the player "because he's a bargain" and ending up with the guy released in 3 years, signing for a League One club.

And also because he owes 20% of the sell to Crystal Palace.

Yes I love Torres (no homo). When Torres went through a drought at least he assists or has the vision to pick out key passes. Sturridge during the second half of the season was pure shit. Watching Sturridge is frustrating, the number of times he shot when a simple pass would guarantee a goal. I dont want to see players like that. He is young but I can never see him becoming world class, just another overrated English player in my eyes.

Completely agree, couldn't say it better myself.

For me despite Sturridge's young age and mediocre talent, he would never be a star with his stink attitude and pea sized footballing brain. I hope I will be proven wrong of course but the qualities he lacks of are extremely to improve compare to physical abilities like speed, strength or stamina.

I think I'll create a list of Sturridge Haters/Doubters and if he comes good I'll name and shame. I might do it with Maicon as well.

Feel free to do it, I will be more than happy to eat humble pie if I've been proven wrong, will you? ;)

Let me make it easier for you to copy and paste into your little memo:

Ryan Fong: doesn't rate Sturridge and reckons he will never become a star.

;)

Feel free to do it, I will be more than happy to eat humble pie if I've been proven wrong, will you? ;)

Let me make it easier for you to copy and paste into your little memo:

ryan_fong: doesn't rate Sturridge and reckons he will never become a star.

;)

Be careful what you wish for. I will absolutely rip into the people who are on the list and go to town on them.

I am baffled by all the hatred directed towards Sturridge. It's like all the ladyboy fanbase is searching for a scapegoat in order to abuse him, so their beloved blondie doesn't get the critics he deserves.

I think I'll create a list of Sturridge Haters/Doubters and if he comes good I'll name and shame. I might do it with Maicon as well.

I think you'd have a too big ego to admit it but if I list all the players you didn't even now by their name but that you still criticized that have litterally smacked you because they were in fact good ?