Chelsea vs Atletico Madrid

Kieran.

Atletico are a brilliant team. Underestimate them at your peril.

This will be a tight game in terms of the scoreline, but we can expect an attacking game. Both teams will want to win! I'd love to see Azpi and Moses make their debuts.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atletico are a brilliant team. Underestimate them at your peril.

This will be a tight game in terms of the scoreline, but we can expect an attacking game. Both teams will want to win! I'd love to see Azpi and Moses make their debuts.

Their midfield is a bit weaker with Diego back at Wolsburg and so is their defence with the loss of Alvaro Dominguez. Compared to last year they are a worse squad, but yes they are still a great team and they more than capable of winning.

http://www.football-espana.net/22884/courtois-keen-beat-chelsea

Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois has made it clear he wants nothing more than to beat Chelsea on Friday to lift the UEFA Super Cup.

The Belgian shot-stopper signed for Chelsea in July 2011 but was immediately sent on loan to Atletico Madrid as a short-term replacement for David de Gea.

Courtois enjoyed a successful first season at the Vicente Calderon, holding down a first team place and helping the side go on to win the Europa League in May.

He extended his loan deal earlier this summer for another year and is keen to get his hands on more silverware this season, starting with the Super Cup.

“It's special for me as the game is against my club. But I play for Atletico, it's me against Chelsea, and I want to win it,” he told UEFA’s official website today.

The game will also see the Belgium international face his compatriot Eden Hazard, who has delighted fans with his first few performances with Chelsea.

“I keep my fingers crossed for them, for all my friends at Chelsea and for my Belgium teammates who play there now.

“I wish them the best of luck. But I want to win the Super Cup. I hope it will be a good match and may the better team win."

Is there extra time or a shoot-out in case it's level after 90mins ?

Yup, it is a cup final after all.

No idea why, but I'm already starting to get nervous about this match. I really want us to win this and the world cup because we don't always get the chance to play those games.

He may be underrated as a complete player, but he still is mainly a poacher. He's not someone who's going to beat another team by himself. We just have to avoid making stupid mistakes and trust Hazard and Mata will do their magic.

my fear is falcao. all of the games he has played have been great. if we stop him we will win easily.

its not about stopping Falcao its about stopping the supply to Falcao! you only have to give Falcao half a chance and he will punish you. The only real way to make sure Falcao is kept quiet is for us to dominate the game and make sure he gets as little of the ball as possible and in areas where he cant hurt us.