Chelsea vs Atletico Madrid

Kieran.

I'd rather win than not win of course, but I'd take a single win in the league or in the Champions League over this match. Chelsea are champions of Europe. Athletico are Champions of the second tier of teams in Europe.

Can never understand comment like that. Why should we be choosing which games we were prefer to win? It's a different competition, different game altogether. Should always be looking to win games like this regardless of the opposition. A big chance to add win another trophy and winning will breed even more confidence into the team.

Will Marin be ready?

Very unlikely. Will be back in mid September and best not to risk him too especially given his injury record.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one thought Mikel and Miereles performed wonders with each other, would like to see more of that as both are familiar with Mata/Hazard/and Oscar's quick play movement where as Essien and Lampard are not.

-----------Torres-------

Hazard---Oscar---Mata

----Miereles--Mikel-----

A.Cole---------------Ivanovic

-------J.Terry--Cahill--------

------------Cech--------------

If anyone is interested, Atletico Madrid face Athletic Bilbao tonight in La Liga at 9pm UK time.

And regarding the lineup, would probably like to see RDM stick with the same starting XI for this game but doubt that is gonna happen.

If anyone is interested, Atletico Madrid face Athletic Bilbao tonight in La Liga at 9pm UK time.

And regarding the lineup, would probably like to see RDM stick with the same starting XI for this game but doubt that is gonna happen.

Should be an absolute quality game, always had a hard on for Bilbao

got a fiver on a Falcao hattrick tonight just to make the game more interesting for me to watch!

Atletico could hurt us. Excellent counter attacking side, they like to sit deep and hit on the counter. It'll be interesting to see how RdM approaches this game.

Personally, as I think we'd have time on the ball due to how Atletico play, I'd go with a team that's good at keeping possession, but we'd have to stay compact and watch for the quick break away.

I don't want to see our fullbacks bombing up as that'll leave too much space where Atletico can really hurt us.

Due to Cahill and Luiz being quite pacey we have the luxury of playing a little higher up than how we do with JT.

Regardless, my starting XI:

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Cahill Cole

Mikel Lampard

Mata Hazard Bertrand

Torres

Play like we did against Newcastle and we'll win this. An effective performance needed once again.

Can never understand comment like that. Why should we be choosing which games we were prefer to win? It's a different competition, different game altogether. Should always be looking to win games like this regardless of the opposition. A big chance to add win another trophy and winning will breed even more confidence into the team.

Obviously, you can't chose, but I'm just making clear where my priorities lie. I really only care about four trophies and of those four, two more than any other. This is a trophy like the Community Shield, a trophy in name only.