Chelsea vs Atletico Madrid

Kieran.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atletico look good tonight, but Bilbao are woeful and in the midst of a crisis. Without Llorente they offer no threat in attack which is allowing atletico to look to be positive and confident in attack.

In reality Atletico have some good players, with one genuine world class talent in Falcao. I still fancy ourselves the way we have started the season but can admit a lot will depend on how Cahill and Luiz cope with Falcao.

An utterly dominant and convincing performance from Atletico Madrid. Athletic Bilbao hardly had a sniff at goal all night. Courtois almost, literally, a spectator in goal really. Bilbao had 65% possession but only 7 shots & none were on target. Atletico had 35% possession but 22 shots with 14 on target. Says it all.

The club should start a fake rumour about signing Falcao to unsettle him for the game..

Although, having said that.. if we cared that much about winning this, Courtois wouldn't be allowed to play.

Well we better win it, mostly because Atletico is quite good team, it will be challenge, I wouldnt underestimate them. With Falcao, Adriano, Juanfran and Arda, they made fine team with stability and no fear. They are very experienced too.

Question of the day is how will Torres play against his former team. Either could be very pleased and calm or very nervous and play bad.

He scored nice goal vs Newcastle, this is it; either he is back or he just got lucky with that shot. I cant stand another blow from Torres and the. he will score another goal after 10 matches. Simply unacceptable anymore. We trust in Torres, but just in case we can still steal Falcao and escape to London :D

Especially without JT due to his suspension.. I think Atleti will give us a hard time from set-pieces with the likes of Radamel, Miranda, Godin etc.

They're terrific in the air!

Dont forget, Drogba wasnt just fantastic striker but also great jumper. Air Drogba will be missed very much in matches vs high teams.

Dont forget, Drogba wasnt just fantastic striker but also great jumper. Air Drogba will be missed very much in matches vs high teams.

Yep that too.. but we have to take advantage of theyre defence. This season we have quality players that can create chances at will and with my knowledge of Atleico i know we'll create loads of chances.. its just a matter of us taking them!

I predict a high-scoring game