Chelsea vs Atletico Madrid

Kieran.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not about stopping Falcao its about stopping the supply to Falcao! you only have to give Falcao half a chance and he will punish you. The only real way to make sure Falcao is kept quiet is for us to dominate the game and make sure he gets as little of the ball as possible and in areas where he cant hurt us.

Still falcao can do crazy things and score goals out of nothing. I have seen him running from his own half to the oppositon's box and somehow turning and twisting himself an acre of space against an excellent marker which was enough for him to bent in a scorcher into the top corner. I also have seen him absolutely hammering a 2m high corner as overhead kick. I have seen him performing the exact same skill a week later. The guy is a phenomenon he actually CAN create on his own, even though he is no Drogba therein, he is in the form of his live and I think everyone knows what a top striker in the form of his live can do.

That's not what happened with Getafe v. Madrid. A football game is played on the field, not on paper, otherwise there would be no point to even play them.

He has a point. There more similar the basic positons of both teams is the more probable it is the top team wins. We have two teams in good recent form, scoring main strikers and a so far relatively solid defense on both sides and no majer reprisals. Top teams are top teams because they use to win when it counts most. In a league game, or an fa cup 3rd round, there can be upsets, because its rather routine and the big boys often do not take it as serious as the underdog. But when teams like ManU, Real, Barca or Chelsea play, there is that kind of killer instinct around them and when they are fully focused and there is no real disadvantage as bad form or bad mindset, they are simply gonna win. u get that situation very often and i have never seen a surprise result in those.

Basically Falcao can do anything. He can score with both feet nearly as well as each other. Judging by his strikes against Bilbao in the final you would know which foot he is. Despite not being the tallest he reminds me of Tim Cahill, both are brilliant in the air and the headers he scores are brilliant and just out of no where. look at all his goals for last season if you manage to keep up. Hopefully Nando makes the headlines though but I do admire Falcao as a striker, must say

I think Torres should play, because of his past in Atlético, he will get an extra motivation.

Whatever, I predict Chelsea 2-1 Atlético: Torres, Hazard, Falcao

Im playing the prediction game (fantasy) with atlético supporters in http://www.sportise.net/

Dude, we know. you've posted the same link in 6 different threads..

He has a point. There more similar the basic positons of both teams is the more probable it is the top team wins. We have two teams in good recent form, scoring main strikers and a so far relatively solid defense on both sides and no majer reprisals. Top teams are top teams because they use to win when it counts most. In a league game, or an fa cup 3rd round, there can be upsets, because its rather routine and the big boys often do not take it as serious as the underdog. But when teams like ManU, Real, Barca or Chelsea play, there is that kind of killer instinct around them and when they are fully focused and there is no real disadvantage as bad form or bad mindset, they are simply gonna win. u get that situation very often and i have never seen a surprise result in those.

yes im fully aware he can create chances for himself that is why he is easily the best striker in the world and has been for well over a year now! that is why we need to keep him off the ball as much as we can, and when he does get the ball we need to get players around him, otherwise the chances are that he will score!

I never felt so emotionally attached to a athlete as much as I do with Drogba. No matter how tough the opposition, you just knew they were all scared to death facing him.

Hoping one day that safe feeling returns with a character similar to Didier.

If we fail to lift the cup, that will affect badly the team, I fear. We have 3 finals this season, thanks to the FA cup and the Champions League wins, and if we start with Community Shield and Super Cup defeats, that wont be great. There's no better spirit lifter than an early trophy, it eases the pressure because it means guaranteed silverware for the season. We definitely need this tranquility, after all the activity in the transfer window.

Slovenian Damir Skomina is referee for the match.

article-2123000-12675BB5000005DC-299_468x308.jpg

He was at Benfica - Chelsea I believe too.

He was at Atl. Madrid - Valencia (Europe League) too, and Madrid win too :D

=============================================================

My prediction: Chelsea 1 - 0 Atl. Madrid. Hazard/Torres score :wub:

---------Torres------------

-------------------Hazard

Bert-----mata-------------

-----Lamp-----------------

--------------mikel---------

Cole------------------ivan

-------Cah---luiz----------

----------Cech------------

Really sorry everyone! I know this is off topic but i only have a few hours to get rid of this confusion..... have posted in the betting thread as well....

Does this, in decimal values mean 2.0 or more?

Thank you for your e-mail regarding our FB50 promotion.

I have reviewed your account and can confirm that you have successfully registered the promotion code FB50.

To receive the free bet token for this promotion you will now need to place a win single bet for between £5 and £50 at odds of evens or higher. Once this qualifying bet has settled/finished then your account will be credited with a free bet token for the same value.