Chelsea Vs Reading

James

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way we don't go top is if we lose which would be terrible... Not underestimating reading but all things considered, we should be racking up 3 points. It won't be easy and they have threats such as pog who can be dangerous on his day, but if we are on our game we should have more than enough to get passed them.

I fear that we might concede early in the game, only to try and chase two goals for 70-75 minutes. Let's hope that's not the case, because that's going to be hard. Our defense needs to be fully aware from when the whistle blows, no slip-offs.

I fear that we might concede early in the game, only to try and chase two goals for 70-75 minutes. Let's hope that's not the case, because that's going to be hard. Our defense needs to be fully aware from when the whistle blows, no slip-offs.

It would force us to be on the offensive and probably boss possesion something we didn't do too much after the first 7 mins... Obviously don't want it to happen, but we would probably see a different chelsea... Play oscar and our possesion stats and passing stats should shoot up.

It would force us to be on the offensive and probably boss possesion something we didn't do too much after the first 7 mins... Obviously don't want it to happen, but we would probably see a different chelsea... Play oscar and our possesion stats and passing stats should shoot up.

It takes more than one player for those stats to shoot up. The whole team needs to be comfortable and in sync with it. Had Hazard and Mata, then Mata & Oscar for awhile on Sunday and we still couldn't keep the ball properly!

It takes more than one player for those stats to shoot up. The whole team needs to be comfortable and in sync with it. Had Hazard and Mata, then Mata & Oscar for awhile on Sunday and we still couldn't keep the ball properly!

Hazard mata and oscar all together... Should well keep more possesion and control more of the ball than just 2 of them was the point i was making.

Hazard mata and oscar all together... Should well keep more possesion and control more of the ball than just 2 of them was the point i was making.

Noted but still need those fellas behind them to be able to do the same. No point having Mata, Hazard, Oscar etc in the attacking third if none of the CMs can keep the ball properly.

Noted but still need those fellas behind them to be able to do the same. No point having Mata, Hazard, Oscar etc in the attacking third if none of the CMs can keep the ball properly.

Well we have to deal with what we got... lampard isn't too quick anymore but can still certainly distribute a pass, mikel is ok but not really in there for his passing ability. It brings in the argument of playing oscar deeper which whilst limits his attacking ability and doesn't give him the option to roam as much does give us a bit more of a creative link to the front 3/4 than we may have had previously.

P.s. i don't expect oscar to start this game yet as he hasn't been with the squad for a week yet, i would love him too but RDM already said he is trying to slowly integrate him into the team... Though with all due respect to reading we should be keeping much more of the ball than them anyway. It is probably also worth noting that the fact wigan seemed to control the game a bit more is highly linked to the fact we were 2-0 up so quikcly as if it was 0-0 they probably would have sat in a bit more which is why we were pretty good on the counter and should have had another pen, and also nearly scored until it was cleared of the line.

Well we have to deal with what we got... lampard isn't too quick anymore but can still certainly distribute a pass, mikel is ok but not really in there for his passing ability. It brings in the argument of playing oscar deeper which whilst limits his attacking ability and doesn't give him the option to roam as much does give us a bit more of a creative link to the front 3/4 than we may have had previously.

P.s. i don't expect oscar to start this game yet as he hasn't been with the squad for a week yet, i would love him too but RDM already said he is trying to slowly integrate him into the team... Though with all due respect to reading we should be keeping much more of the ball than them anyway. It is probably also worth noting that the fact wigan seemed to control the game a bit more is highly linked to the fact we were 2-0 up so quikcly as if it was 0-0 they probably would have sat in a bit more which is why we were pretty good on the counter and should have had another pen, and also nearly scored until it was cleared of the line.

Easier said than done. Even when we had the ball against Wigan, we couldn't even retain for long periods and then finding ourselves under pressure because we lose possession so easily.

Easier said than done. Even when we had the ball against Wigan, we couldn't even retain for long periods and then finding ourselves under pressure because we lose possession so easily.

Yeah true, still we are trying to play different football with a similar team atm with the exception of hazard and torres instead of drogba (though in the league torres started over drogba numerous times), so i expect it to take time and we still really have seen oscar, marin is still to come in when fit and needed and the rest of the signings we may get so atm i am not too worried and if we can get the results in the short term then things can start gelling together in the slightly longer term when the season really gets going.

Need to Smash them.

Right now, I'll happily take a 1-0/2-0 win and run away with the 3 points. It may be only against Reading(no disrespect) but not expecting us to turn it on and put in any brilliant team performance any time soon. Would definitely like to be proven wrong but doubt it's gonna happen just yet.

Yep agree with above:

3 points please, added bonus if torres can start performing and score to gain a bit of confidence etc. Start worrying about performances after newcastle game when we have the transfer window all sorted and 3 weeks between premier league games (Athletico madrid game on the 31st of course) for everyone to get to know each other and train with each other etc, including any new signings that may be joining this week/next week.