Chelsea Vs Reading

James

Honestly, I think we should shut Mata down for 2 weeks. He really needs a break.

Sturridge-Oscar-Hazard

-----------Torres----------

Mata will get his rest after the Newcastle game on Aug 25th as our next game after that against QPR isn't until September 15th. That is why RDM has asked for Mata not to be called up to the national team, so he will get a good 2 weeks off after the Newcastle match.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech

Cahill - Luiz - Terry

Ramires - Mikel - Lampard - Bertrand

Hazard - Oscar

Torres

That formation will dominate any midfield! Though I wouldn't play it against Reading at home.

I think Robbie has the tricky task of rotating players while still managing to put out a strong side. For me the musts are a rest for Mata, and a start at CF for Danny and Cahill at the back and Romeu (remember this guy?!) in the middle.

It will be a tough game.

------------------Cech------------------

Ivanovic----Luiz----Terry------Cole

-------------Mikel------Lampard-----

-------Ramires------Mata---------Hazard

-------------------Torres-----------------

Subs:Turnbull,Bertrand,Cahill,Meireles,Essien,Oscar,Sturridge

Chelsea shouldn´t underate Reading,but with a similar performance like Sunday,we´ll keep the blue flag flying high.

....................Cech

Ivanovic...Luiz...Terry...Cole

..............Mikel....Essien

Sturridge....Oscar....Hazard

..................Torres

I wouldn't say no to an experimental side. Toss in Romeu, Cahill, and Malouda.

Ivanovic was a CB, but imo as a RB he is quite good when attacking but out of pace when defending.

If Mata is supposed to get a rest, playing a home game against Reading is the perfect time to start Hazard and Oscar together, no? Why Malouda?

If Oscar is fit (I was not sure if he would be up to starting after playing in the Olympics) then I would be all for playing him instead of Malouda

We should start to rotate a bit, Newcastle is going to be more difficult game, so everybody needs to be fresh. Malouda is still our player and is not THAT BAD as everyone seems to say. I'll go with him on the left side so that Mata can take some rest.

-------------Čech-------------

Ivan----Cahill-----JT---Cole

------Ramires---Essien-----

-Oscar--Hazard--Malouda-

----------Sturridge-----------

there is no real consistency, every squad player thinks they have a chance to start, this is good when your winning, but when we start losing things will get out of hand very quickly

rdm is too small to fill these boots

Disappointed that Marin's still out, really looking forward to seeing him play again. Taking into account RDM's words from earlier, I've revised the lineup.

Cech

Ivan - Cahill - Luiz - Bertrand

Essien - Lampard

Ramires - Hazard - Malouda

Sturridge

Should be strong enough.

------------------Cech------------------

Ivanovic----Cahill----Terry------Ryan

-------------Essien------Lampard-----

---Sturridge------Mata---------Hazard

-------------------Torres-----------------

Very unlikely but would be interesting to see Sturridge/Hazard.

what i expect RDM to pull out,, probably

ivan--Cahill--J T--Cole

-mikel-essien-

rambo-oscar-hazard

-studge-

i would rather bertrand hopefully he starts but maybe he

comes on at 60min and then maybe romeu/mierles for either mkel at 60min

if we can get to quick start all the better, so RDM can experiment new things.

Sucks im missing this match, Fuck you KUMON!! :rant:

To all those saying Essien should start this game, although it absolutely kills me to say it, I don't think he's good enough anymore. I really hope RDM picks him soon and he proves me completely wrong, but judging from his last few performances, he's lost some of that power, drive and pace that made him such a class player. When I see goals like the one against Barca and the one against Arsenal (sorry I couldn't figure out how to post a link properly) then it reminds me of just how good he was in his prime, but, to me at least, when he played last season, he looked a shadow of his former self, and this is almost entirely down to injuries unfortunately.

People who think we are underestimating Reading are wrong. We are only optimistic and that is a good thing. Also we spend great amount of money to challange tittle not to be affraid of teams like Reading. They are not bad, but we are better and we are playing at home.