Chelsea Vs Reading

James

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all those saying Essien should start this game, although it absolutely kills me to say it, I don't think he's good enough anymore. I really hope RDM picks him soon and he proves me completely wrong, but judging from his last few performances, he's lost some of that power, drive and pace that made him such a class player. When I see goals like the one against Barca and the one against Arsenal (sorry I couldn't figure out how to post a link properly) then it reminds me of just how good he was in his prime, but, to me at least, when he played last season, he looked a shadow of his former self, and this is almost entirely down to injuries unfortunately.

still looked better than Mikel in pre-season

Right now, I'll happily take a 1-0/2-0 win and run away with the 3 points. It may be only against Reading(no disrespect) but not expecting us to turn it on and put in any brilliant team performance any time soon. Would definitely like to be proven wrong but doubt it's gonna happen just yet.

Exactly. The truth in football is that you take your wins any way you can get them. You aren't going to win pretty all that often and you don't need to. You just need the 3 points.

Nice to see some Kiwi's on here, after my mate emigrated there, finally found out how to tell the difference - ask the person to say Fish & Chips!

If you do find some streams can you post them, really want to see this game ;)

Cheers man been a long time lurker finally decided I need to get amongst you lot.

Working an all nighter tonight so I can hopefully be home in time to catch the game live on tele here at 6:30am.Will look around for streams at the same time and let you know if I find any. Will provide running commentary if I'm back in time.

I'm picking a reasonably unchanged lineup from Wigan aside from Ramires in so Mata can have a rest with Hazard lining up in the middle and Rambo on the right. Maybe Cahill in for Luiz.

Predicting probably 3-1 with Reading sneaking a goal late in the second half. Torres to bag a brace and Hazard/Rambo to grab the 3rd.

COME ON YOU CHELSEA!!!!blue%20scalf.gif

if nando can snag a goal or two that would be vital especially heading into saturday, if we start out the season with 9 points it would really do our new "project" some good (not trying to get ahead). I think rambo will start instead of bertrand and oscar will sub in for hazard late in the game to give a rest for saturday or start oscar and bench mata in rest for saturday. The only other possible changes I see are possibly, essien for mikel or lamps, depending on how rested each player is. All in all I trust RDM with the rotations considering how well he juggled a THIN and INJURED squad last year.

Di Matteo wants to have a defensive winger in his side at all times because he prefers a balanced approach.

thats fair enough , but is that the only reson ramires has been playing RW? , I suspect having ramires and lampard as the cm's would be much better than mikel and lampard , however its a question of wother or not lampard and ramires can cover each other when one goes forward. with mikel you've got the secruty in a safe pair of hands at the job.

I just feel ramires engine is waisted on the wing when we've been having problems with the middle being overrun.

thats fair enough , but is that the only reson ramires has been playing RW? , I suspect having ramires and lampard as the cm's would be much better than mikel and lampard , however its a question of wother or not lampard and ramires can cover each other when one goes forward. with mikel you've got the secruty in a safe pair of hands at the job.

I just feel ramires engine is waisted on the wing when we've been having problems with the middle being overrun.

I think it is. Ramires and Bertrand are the only two players suited to that role. Anyway, I'd like to see Ramires in the midfield as well although I'd play him next to Mikel and not Lampard.