Oscar

themightyblue

If Costa played well for Spain, his price tag would of been better. Ask Cuadrado and James Rodriguez about national team performances.... Also, Nigeria is not Spain or Brazil in terms of prestige...

Oscar is a starter on both brazil and chelsea. Played significant amounts of games and contributing significantly in the first half of the season, whileas both KDB and Mata was sold, Salah loaned, and schurrle was sold.. How can anyone even say he's not worth 20m is beyond me.

Cuadrado would have likely gone for around the same price even if he was average during the world cup, he doesn't have enough marketability to warrant a much higher price (unfortunately this is now a big factor in signings...) and James Rodriguez was basically the posterboy of the world cup, he had everyone's attention. He was flavor of the month, so obviously Real Madrid would be there to overpay for him. Which they did, by a looott (15-20m). My bad about the Mikel situation, honestly at the time I was a bit too young to know much about football.

KDB WANTED to leave, and he wasn't getting any first team football anyway.

Mata WANTED to leave, he also wasn't getting first team football.

Salah is shit.

Schurrle was deemed not good enough and Wolfsburg made a very good offer (25m I believe?). I'm convinced he would still have been here if it wasn't for their terrific offer.

If we could use Oscar/Willian like 1 player like Oscar 1st part of year and Willian in latter part I'd be cool with that. Or Id even be happy to keep him as a good alternative if we got a proper number 10.

But IF Mous determined to sell him then I dont think we should start lower than £35mill OR IFFFF we could use him in part ex to the much wanted Juve for the Pog or Vidal then Id lead a naked congo round the MH, (As long as its nice n warm out for no shrinkage and only if I dont have to donate my left dangley in the bringing of a certain Varane)

LOL. There would be suitors from everywhere if he was on the market for only £20m. Why troll?

Oscar is alot better than the man in my avatar & he went for more than £20m.

What I meant when I said that is that he's not WORTH that much money, just like Sterling isn't WORTH 50m. I was merely making a point at how fucked the transfer system has become, with players like Firmino going for 30m etc. etc.

The fact Juventus bid £12M or whatever for him says everything you need to know about how his Chelsea career has gone in terms of his development.

They didn't.

Juve did not bid 12m for Oscar.

THEY DID NOT!

It was the MIrror FFS! If everything in the Mirror is 'fact' now we'd have bought half the players in Europe, sold them and then bought them back again...and that's before the window even opens!

People will really cling to anything no matter how reliable if it backs their opinion.

the amount of faith jose is putting into oscar is INSANE...

the fact that we are not buying anymore AMs shows that jose actually believes that oscar would have a hazard-like season this time around.

for the sake of chelsea, jose and everyone involved, i hope oscar repays our manager's faith.if oscar has a season like last one and we can find ourselves in a bit of a sticky situation (city WILL be better). we dont have a good or rather a very questionable AM in cuardrado as the only replacement. our midfield options dont seem to fill me with a lot of confidence. all in all, oscar has to be good enough as a new marquee signing.

fingers crossed and hoping for the best!!!

Or they don't want to pay too much for him because he doesn't warrant a hefty price tag... despite being on a long term contract... so tells us something doesn't it.

You realise there are talks of Salah leaving for a higher figure? If you think Salah is worth more or even anywhere near the same amount as Oscar, I guess there's no point in going on with this.

According to Tuttosport, Oscar is at the top of the Italian champions' summer wishlist and have contacted Chelsea to try and do a deal. #CFC

However Oscar is unlikely to be sold this summer as Mourinho wants to give the talented playmaker another season in England (talkSPORT) #CFC

I don't mind selling as long as we have somebody better lined up to replace him.

See: Reus, Vidal, Pogba, Koke etc etc.

we should be aiming for another AM - preferably a winger - that is WC or close to it, who has goals and assists on them and then Oscar and Willian can figure their shit out and play in the CAM position. Whoever is better plays and the other is the 13th player in the lineup, as this is a very common sub to be done during the match.

If we sell Oscar, I agree with the poster above me, we'd need two more AM's in high level, not only one.

I just don't know how Vidal is considered one... but well, that's me. He's a MD, not an AM imo.

we should be aiming for another AM - preferably a winger - that is WC or close to it, who has goals and assists on them and then Oscar and Willian can figure their shit out and play in the CAM position. Whoever is better plays and the other is the 13th player in the lineup, as this is a very common sub to be done during the match.

If we sell Oscar, I agree with the poster above me, we'd need two more AM's in high level, not only one.

I just don't know how Vidal is considered one... but well, that's me. He's a MD, not an AM imo.

I agree, our AM line-up is pretty thin. Replacing one isn't going to help long term. We got Willian, Hazard, Oscar and Cuadrado. Remy can play there too ofcourse, but that shouldn't happen. There is also the fact that there is no competition, didn't we all love the time when KDB, Schürrle, Mata where still here? That's when we actually had a good bench, and we saw alot of rotation without a big drop in quality. At the moment, i really can't see Cuadrado competing with the other AM's (unless he improves dramatically in the physical department).

Who can we bring in that is good enough to compete with them, and is available on the market? Griezmann is not (a tad bit overrated in the winger role), not Isco, not Bale, Götze maybe. I can currently only see Sterling coming in, but not for 50 million. He's no prolific goalscorer, but will probably score more than Oscar and definitely Willian + he's only 20.

About Vidal, no he's not an AM. But to be honest, we need another CM for the big matches. Our midfield get's dominated every time we meet a team with some quality. City, United, Atletico, PSG with 10 men, and even fucking Spurs. If our aim is to compete at all fronts, we need competition for places, and another quality CM (Vidal) that can slot in with Matic and Fabregas.

I don't remember who was comparing Willian and Oscar in terms of minutes played and saying its kinda the same, damn it isn't.

Since 2012 :

Oscar : 151 for Chelsea, 43 for Brazil = 194 games. --> 64.6 games/year

Willian : 91 for Chelsea + 17 for Shakhtar + 20 for Brazil = 128 games. --> 42.6 games/year.

Way too much difference, let alone the fact Oscar had no rest in the summer periods between.

I even compared with Messi and Ronaldo who play an awful lot of games, he played a few more ( 4-5 ).

So yeah, the physical excuse stands.

So oscar hasn't developed and has remain inconsistent for three consecutive seasons but suddenly everything is going to kick into gear for him and he's going to start becoming the player some people want him to become next season. How do you spell delusional.

I just hope those who make decisions at Chelsea are more sensible and realistic than that.