Oscar

themightyblue

no the lack of pre-season is why Oscar lacks consistency throughout each season. This is not hard to understand.

no its not and i admit its a fair enough point.

but except for 12-13, nothing in oscar's game seemed like it was suffering from lack of fitness, physical conditioning and tiredness. last season, oscar form looked to have taken a dip, not his physical conditioning. look at matic, that was the case of tiredness.

then you can look at neymar who also did not have a pre-season and infact was injured and still had a very good season. oscar's second half (infact dec-april) was absolute lack of form. in april he looked good. he looked good against united and he looked very good against arsenal. why? did his form pick up. i think so.

and hence i say that his inconsistency barely seems relatable to a pre-season. it seems to be more regarding his own limitations.

ps - i am still waiting for messi's playtime stats.

72M is crazy money

For someone that's 22 and could be deliver for a period of 10 years?

I have to strongly disagree. The market has been inflated for several years now, so that has to be taken into consideration as well.

It's a cycle.

Lionsden posted. didier/stroey likes

Didier posts. Lionsden/stroey likes

Stroey posts. didier/lionsden likes

Nope, it's a cycle.

1) People like U overhype Oscar too much. (After an overall average season)

2) People then discuss he wasn't very good, inconsistent etc, away in the second half of the season for 3 seasons in a row.

3) Then U guys disagree, saying he was better than Willian bla bla, just check stats! (Which is clearly not true)

4) Then the majority here agree he should do better and improve. Or we should just replace him with someone better, if we want to reach the next level (CL winning)

5) Then Oscar's crew will defend him with: young age, world class potential, high lights like back heels, freekicks etc.

6) And this will trigger people like me, who are not happy with all the praise when he was NOT that good for us for 3 seasons long. And then we will come back with facts: bad games, dropped in big games.

7) Then Oscar's crew come with excuses like fatigue (which is true). But refuse to admit he's not good enough for us as all these praise is based on potential.

If you guys weren't overhyping him that much, many of us won't be bashing him that much. Praise him when he deserves it, but also criticize him when he deserves it.

It's a cycle.

Lionsden posted. didier/stroey likes

Didier posts. Lionsden/stroey likes

Stroey posts. didier/lionsden likes

The only cycle i see here is the "Oscar boom burst cycle" i.e he starts the season well, creating a false dawn and leads to people claiming he's finally achieving his potential and overhyping him to no ends only for his form to drop significantly as the season wears on which is then accompanied by series of excuse from his devoted fans as to why he tailed off at the second half of the season.

For someone that's 22 and could be deliver for a period of 10 years?

I have to strongly disagree. The market has been inflated for several years now, so that has to be taken into consideration as well.

Yes, in today's market - I agree.

People talk here about other teams's talents that they have potentials and are still young etc, but when it comes to Oscar; all its hears is he had 2 years to prove, he didnt do much.

Oscar is 23 years old, has quite big potential, so why not just give him time? How many 23 years old play regular football in teams that won their domestic leagues last year?

Barca: Neymar

Juve: Pogba, Morata

Bayern: Alaba, Gotze

---

Chelsea: Courtois, Oscar

Oscar found himself in quite nice company. Im sure if he was playing for another team, appreciation for him would be similar to players above. But since he is here, no one gives two flying f*ucks about him.

Unless offer for 40m comes in, I wouldnt sell him for any price below. Market is overpriced already, no need to sell for less. And we should learn that from KDB.

The only cycle i see here is the "Oscar boom burst cycle" i.e he starts the season well, creating a false dawn and leads to people claiming he's finally achieving his potential and overhyping him to no ends only for his form to drop significantly as the season wears on which is then accompanied by series of excuse from his devoted fans as to why he tailed off at the second half of the season.

where have i seen this before? thats right. arsenal.

false dawn, excuses. lather, rinse, repeat.

why not? the similarities are there for all to see. some players/teams never live upto their "potential", arsenal and oscar seem to be in that category

Could you please avoid this thread from now on? You're really annoying, some days ago you wished him luck and hoping he plays to his potential and now again ranting.