Oscar

themightyblue

If one naively reads throughout this debate, he would end up believing that the pre-season is the bread and butter of the professional footballer — if anyone were unfortunate enough to miss one, he would suffer from inconsistency and tiredness for the forthcoming seasons. In the same way, one would come to believe that Oscar is a modern slave footballer and that he plays twice as many as other players.

One counter example : Neymar. Oscar played the JO in 2012, the Confederation in 2013 and the World-Cup in 2014. Okay. Neymar played the Copa America in 2011, the JO in 2012, the Confederation in 2013 and the World-Cup in 2014. Let's compare the minutes played by both players since 2012 — i.e. Oscar's last season in Brazil —, the result is (excluding friendly games with their club and their national team) :

Oscar : 13 123

Neymar : 14 582

Neymar has roughly played 1 400 more minutes than Oscar, which equates to 15,5 games (roughly four games per seasons). Moreover, Neymar has played 3 248 minutes in friendlies with Brazil while Oscar 2 153 — in other words, 1 100 more minutes, i.e. 12 games on four years / three games a season.

Basically, Neymar has played some seven full games in more than Oscar, and this in the last four seasons/years. Furthermore, he did all that while being the Star of Brazil and Santos and basically carrying Brazil during the World-Cup (and to some extent Santos in the Libertadores). On top of that, if my informations are correct, then he has only played one friendly game when he joined them two years ago. Yet, it did not stop him to be the joint top-scorer of the Champions League with Messi and Ronaldo — and if I am not mistaken, also the first player in history to score in the quarters, the semis and the final of the same competition.

Regarding Messi and Cristiano, they amounts to a little more than 15 000 minutes each, in the last four season — and that is solely including their appearances in La Liga and in the UCL... Another reference : Fabregas — he played in the last four seasons 14 032 minutes for in club (La Liga, PL, Fa Cup, League Cup, Copa del Rey) and 2109 for Spain (professional and friendly games). Hazard with 14 903 in club (only including BPL/Ligue 1 and UCL/EL) and 2 720 with Belgium, also in the last four seasons.

To conclude, yes Oscar has played a huge amount of football since 2012. But he is not the only one in this case ! Albeit these players have never suffered continuously from a second-half-of-the-season-disappearance. I am agree to say that in 2012/2013 he played too much as he had like one and a half year of continuous football. Nonetheless one cannot attribute eternally his huge inconsistency to too much football (he is not the only one) and no pre-season. We need to admit that he is an inconsistent player and that it is his nature — he is not the first to be like that and neither will be the last. No need to hide his problems behind unsound excuses as tons of players were like this, are like this and will be like this.

Think this is one of best posts I've seen in this thread. Absolutely nailed it regards to the minutes comparison with Neymar and you can do it with so many other guys.

The way Iook at it is a) Oscar needs to prove he's worth a place in the upcoming season or

b ) Willian and RLC absorb his minutes and he gets sold this time next summer, and we use the money to buy Reus or x massive emerging player.

but c) Jose likes players like him, Willian because of their defensive proficiency. Which is why I see a physical but still technically proficient midfielder like RLC or maybe MvG next season coming in as false number 10s so we do not lose Cesc's playmaking presence that he does so well from deep and to improve ball recovery high up the pitch and therefore pressing ability - Oscar is not a perfect fit for the position, I recognise that. We need somebody physical there, which Oscar certainly is not and therefore would be better for his individual career if he moved to a team like Juve, where he will turn out a better player. But, currently, along with Willian he is the best defensive number 10 available on the market.

If one naively reads throughout this debate, he would end up believing that the pre-season is the bread and butter of the professional footballer — if anyone were unfortunate enough to miss one, he would suffer from inconsistency and tiredness for the forthcoming seasons. In the same way, one would come to believe that Oscar is a modern slave footballer and that he plays twice as many as other players.

One counter example : Neymar. Oscar played the JO in 2012, the Confederation in 2013 and the World-Cup in 2014. Okay. Neymar played the Copa America in 2011, the JO in 2012, the Confederation in 2013 and the World-Cup in 2014. Let's compare the minutes played by both players since 2012 — i.e. Oscar's last season in Brazil —, the result is (excluding friendly games with their club and their national team) :

Neymar has roughly played 1 400 more minutes than Oscar, which equates to 15,5 games (roughly four games per seasons). Moreover, Neymar has played 3 248 minutes in friendlies with Brazil while Oscar 2 153 — in other words, 1 100 more minutes, i.e. 12 games on four years / three games a season.

Basically, Neymar has played some seven full games in more than Oscar, and this in the last four seasons/years. Furthermore, he did all that while being the Star of Brazil and Santos and basically carrying Brazil during the World-Cup (and to some extent Santos in the Libertadores). On top of that, if my informations are correct, then he has only played one friendly game when he joined them two years ago. Yet, it did not stop him to be the joint top-scorer of the Champions League with Messi and Ronaldo — and if I am not mistaken, also the first player in history to score in the quarters, the semis and the final of the same competition.

Regarding Messi and Cristiano, they amounts to a little more than 15 000 minutes each, in the last four season — and that is solely including their appearances in La Liga and in the UCL... Another reference : Fabregas — he played in the last four seasons 14 032 minutes for in club (La Liga, PL, Fa Cup, League Cup, Copa del Rey) and 2109 for Spain (professional and friendly games). Hazard with 14 903 in club (only including BPL/Ligue 1 and UCL/EL) and 2 720 with Belgium, also in the last four seasons.

To conclude, yes Oscar has played a huge amount of football since 2012. But he is not the only one in this case ! Albeit these players have never suffered continuously from a second-half-of-the-season-disappearance. I am agree to say that in 2012/2013 he played too much as he had like one and a half year of continuous football. Nonetheless one cannot attribute eternally his huge inconsistency to too much football (he is not the only one) and no pre-season. We need to admit that he is an inconsistent player and that it is his nature — he is not the first to be like that and neither will be the last. No need to hide his problems behind unsound excuses as tons of players were like this, are like this and will be like this.

yet again talking about minutes but not acknowledging 4 straight seasons without a pre-season, during which time he has moved team and country.

Oscar has played around 20,000 minutes in his first 6 years as a pro, compare that Messi who played around 15,000 minutes in his frst 6 years as a pro, and then factor in Oscar's lack of pre-season and you can see what Mourinho was talking about

and the Neymar comparison isnt very good as Neymar also suffered from inconsistency in the 2013/14 season, and if you watched him last season you would see his performances were far from impressive, yes he scored many goals but how many were put on a plate for him and how many did he make himself?

If one naively reads throughout this debate, he would end up believing that the pre-season is the bread and butter of the professional footballer if anyone were unfortunate enough to miss one, he would suffer from inconsistency and tiredness for the forthcoming seasons. In the same way, one would come to believe that Oscar is a modern slave footballer and that he plays twice as many as other players.

One counter example : Neymar. Oscar played the JO in 2012, the Confederation in 2013 and the World-Cup in 2014. Okay. Neymar played the Copa America in 2011, the JO in 2012, the Confederation in 2013 and the World-Cup in 2014. Let's compare the minutes played by both players since 2012 i.e. Oscar's last season in Brazil , the result is (excluding friendly games with their club and their national team) :

Neymar has roughly played 1 400 more minutes than Oscar, which equates to 15,5 games (roughly four games per seasons). Moreover, Neymar has played 3 248 minutes in friendlies with Brazil while Oscar 2 153 in other words, 1 100 more minutes, i.e. 12 games on four years / three games a season.

Basically, Neymar has played some seven full games in more than Oscar, and this in the last four seasons/years. Furthermore, he did all that while being the Star of Brazil and Santos and basically carrying Brazil during the World-Cup (and to some extent Santos in the Libertadores). On top of that, if my informations are correct, then he has only played one friendly game when he joined them two years ago. Yet, it did not stop him to be the joint top-scorer of the Champions League with Messi and Ronaldo and if I am not mistaken, also the first player in history to score in the quarters, the semis and the final of the same competition.

Regarding Messi and Cristiano, they amounts to a little more than 15 000 minutes each, in the last four season and that is solely including their appearances in La Liga and in the UCL... Another reference : Fabregas he played in the last four seasons 14 032 minutes for in club (La Liga, PL, Fa Cup, League Cup, Copa del Rey) and 2109 for Spain (professional and friendly games). Hazard with 14 903 in club (only including BPL/Ligue 1 and UCL/EL) and 2 720 with Belgium, also in the last four seasons.

To conclude, yes Oscar has played a huge amount of football since 2012. But he is not the only one in this case ! Albeit these players have never suffered continuously from a second-half-of-the-season-disappearance. I am agree to say that in 2012/2013 he played too much as he had like one and a half year of continuous football. Nonetheless one cannot attribute eternally his huge inconsistency to too much football (he is not the only one) and no pre-season. We need to admit that he is an inconsistent player and that it is his nature he is not the first to be like that and neither will be the last. No need to hide his problems behind unsound excuses as tons of players were like this, are like this and will be like this.

Peace has spoken. /closethread

It showed be obvious to anyone at this point, that Oscar has stamina issues and he is quite clearly physically undeveloped. No point arguing that, hopefully this is a focus of his.

But when i see Oscar minutes compared to extraordinary fit players like Alexis, Willian, Messi, and Ronaldo. I am like oh so what is your point? Those players are extremely fit they can handle those type of minutes and work load. Those players are extremely fit and i knew that, Oscar can not handle those minutes i already knew that too. It is just stating the obvious, everyone and their mothers knows that.

But it is not really applicable argument against why Oscar wouldn't benefit from a summer rest. It should be obvious no that a player that lacks good stamina/endurance would benefit from a good amount of rest?

Btw Neymar 2013/2014 season was kinda like Oscar's to an extent. In fact Barca fans will tell you that, and some believed that he was saving himself for the World Cup. Also Neymar injury in the world cup gave him some appropriate rest, just to be clear on that.

Anyway the season starts in just over a month, we will see what would be the case.

This is my problem with Oscar. This game which was almost 3 years ago now is still his best ever in a CFC shirt, by quite some distance as well. He hasn't performed anywhere near that level consistently enough.

He's always been very good in the 1st half of the season. The problem is he keeps disappearing in January. I think fatigue is the main culprit here. Funnily enough, Hazard is the complete opposite, he's usually average at the start of the season but always saves his best for the 2nd half.

Could you please avoid this thread from now on? You're really annoying, some days ago you wished him luck and hoping he plays to his potential and now again ranting.

coming from the man who for 2 weeks could not post anything except for childish and rubbish messages on another player (by the way still waiting for your reply on it).

i did wish oscar the best of luck and when he starts playing for us, will support him wholeheartedly. but i wont take nonsense like someone posted about messi playing lesser minutes than oscar or that oscar being the only player to have played so many minutes in football since the beginning of time. those are all horse crap and stupid excuses.

as for staying away from the thread. LOL. i ll do whatever the fuck i want.

If one naively reads throughout this debate, he would end up believing that the pre-season is the bread and butter of the professional footballer if anyone were unfortunate enough to miss one, he would suffer from inconsistency and tiredness for the forthcoming seasons. In the same way, one would come to believe that Oscar is a modern slave footballer and that he plays twice as many as other players.

One counter example : Neymar. Oscar played the JO in 2012, the Confederation in 2013 and the World-Cup in 2014. Okay. Neymar played the Copa America in 2011, the JO in 2012, the Confederation in 2013 and the World-Cup in 2014. Let's compare the minutes played by both players since 2012 i.e. Oscar's last season in Brazil , the result is (excluding friendly games with their club and their national team) :

Neymar has roughly played 1 400 more minutes than Oscar, which equates to 15,5 games (roughly four games per seasons). Moreover, Neymar has played 3 248 minutes in friendlies with Brazil while Oscar 2 153 in other words, 1 100 more minutes, i.e. 12 games on four years / three games a season.

Basically, Neymar has played some seven full games in more than Oscar, and this in the last four seasons/years. Furthermore, he did all that while being the Star of Brazil and Santos and basically carrying Brazil during the World-Cup (and to some extent Santos in the Libertadores). On top of that, if my informations are correct, then he has only played one friendly game when he joined them two years ago. Yet, it did not stop him to be the joint top-scorer of the Champions League with Messi and Ronaldo and if I am not mistaken, also the first player in history to score in the quarters, the semis and the final of the same competition.

Regarding Messi and Cristiano, they amounts to a little more than 15 000 minutes each, in the last four season and that is solely including their appearances in La Liga and in the UCL... Another reference : Fabregas he played in the last four seasons 14 032 minutes for in club (La Liga, PL, Fa Cup, League Cup, Copa del Rey) and 2109 for Spain (professional and friendly games). Hazard with 14 903 in club (only including BPL/Ligue 1 and UCL/EL) and 2 720 with Belgium, also in the last four seasons.

To conclude, yes Oscar has played a huge amount of football since 2012. But he is not the only one in this case ! Albeit these players have never suffered continuously from a second-half-of-the-season-disappearance. I am agree to say that in 2012/2013 he played too much as he had like one and a half year of continuous football. Nonetheless one cannot attribute eternally his huge inconsistency to too much football (he is not the only one) and no pre-season. We need to admit that he is an inconsistent player and that it is his nature he is not the first to be like that and neither will be the last. No need to hide his problems behind unsound excuses as tons of players were like this, are like this and will be like this.

Neymar himself is also very inconsistent and has months of shit form every year,difference is he still manages a few tap ins and hence his inconsistency isn't as obvious.

Neymar himself is also very inconsistent and has months of shit form every year,difference is he still manages a few tap ins and hence his inconsistency isn't as obvious.

not to mention that he plays for Barcelona, with 70-80% possession games where he is just chilling as the ball is circulated from Rakitic to Inesita to Messi to Suarez then back to Messi to Inesita to Messi to Inesita to Messi and on and on. lol.

I agree with the main point Peace did... which is Oscar is inconsistent. I just don't agree about the causes, because they feel like unknown for me. It could be his thing (problem) or it could be a consequence of too much football and not one single proper pre-season. People are different, just because extremely lazy Neymar can play well in a Barça team tht is absolutely fantastic, it doesn't mean every other player including Oscar should have a similar reaction.

His problem is consistency, the cause could be one or some of multiple possibilities. I admit being disappointed by his (lack of) development, but I also believe he's a very useful player that has had great match for us. I don't even think his best was the Juve, disagreeing with The Skipper. His 30 minutes of football against Southampton last year was great, as well last season I guess against Crystal Palace. I think it's a bit of ignorance to keep saying he's just only played the Juve match in high level. He had some other very good matches, he has been useful and contributed with important goals and assists that counted for the title last season and the team worked the best when he played the best - he brings balance, whether people want to admit it or not.

Does it mean his inconsistency should be disregarded? Of course not, and there should have improvement. He isn't as bad as some make him out to be, but he isn't a freak of nature either. His problem may be physical and in that case, lack of pre-season time after time and too many matches especially two seasons ago would only make matters worse. Or it could be something else. The only way to discard the lack of pre-season as a reason is seeing how he'll do this season as it'll be the first time he'll prepare properly. I think he lacks drive and motivation a little bit, but I'm still hopeful he'll turn it around like Hazard did (attitude wise) and will step out of his comfort zone.

:clap::clap:

people should really read this.