Oscar

themightyblue

Man I fucking love this little dude. If he goes in the summer I think it could be the first time since my cat died that I could cry.

But

He needs to go to benefit his own career.

Such a shame considering the buzz he created around here when he scored that wonder goal against Juventus.

Of course he will stay, I couldn't see any sign he will leave or Jose want to sell him. Jose has said some words, let's see how is he doing next season, and if you guys respecting any players wearing Chelsea shirts playing, please show some support on him. No more and no less.

Oscar is fabulous player ?
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/h8miaa0zKnGogCpTuvsXPwGJOO31QFrtqkNypXCYW-C2P1xOxI5m6nvmAQIQ3esgU-0zvXmsEzNzRq77397Q2AJaOsAnpWXCGq4cbRWgEZWCb4bI4BZGwl2Q_OpdTv_HlSb8rhtIKaYbDeWM5iIvJdGiRmF-8Aw9-ddN2_TxPMPKW48=w500-h281-nc

I think after 2-3 season thats long enough to see what Oscar can offer and its fair to judge him.

Oscar is good player, but we absolutely need someone better than him to strengthening our midfield if we really want to compete against elite. It isn't just about his consistency but we know exactly his limited for certain aspect.

His technical ability, average vision, average creativity, poor control in tight space, that aspcect cannot suddenly improve drastically . i'm fine if we keep oscar, he is fine player and still young but not for our starting eleven.

I cannot believe Jose is betting on Oscar to have a revolutionary season like Hazard did this year next season...

Yeah it's crazy, isn't it?

I have never seen Jose giving such a treatment to a player, giving chance after chance, failing two seconds in a row for him to do something in the second part of the season. Last year he said something like for ''300M they can buy Oscar and Hazard'' (PSG).

Kept playing talented players out of position (Mata, Schurrle, KDB, Willian) on that RW, just to keep Oscar in the team at his favorite position.

I really hoped he will at least replace Oscar from the starting eleven. But now he looks serious with the comments, ''just signed a new contract, no preseason, always playing tournaments, no rest.''

Hopefully we at least sign a quality player who can compete with Oscar for a starting spot then, since Cuadrado is not giving him any competition.

Of course he will stay, I couldn't see any sign he will leave or Jose want to sell him. Jose has said some words, let's see how is he doing next season, and if you guys respecting any players wearing Chelsea shirts playing, please show some support on him. No more and no less.

i guess that is if and only if the player who wears the shirt respects the shirt and gives his all. respect needs to be "earned".

his last 3 performances with us and his performances for about 3 months before that were massively different. he lacked heart, his trademark tackles had gone out of the window and he was a mere passenger for most of the games and hence the reception that he got from the fans.

I'm not quite sure if I understand what he means with the same evolution as Hazard this season. Oscar isn't even as good as Hazard in 12/13. It would take an evolution of epic proportions for him to reach Hazard's level of 14/15.

So not only is Oscar staying, he's still very much a starter in his eyes. Well, I can only hope Mourinho is right

I'm not quite sure if I understand what he means with the same evolution as Hazard this season. Oscar isn't even as good as Hazard in 12/13. It would take an evolution of epic proportions for him to reach Hazard's level of 14/15.

So not only is Oscar staying, he's still very much a starter in his eyes. Well, I can only hope Mourinho is right

Talent wise Oscar is not close to Eden, but they are also different players with different qualities.

Think Mou meant the evolution to reach his potential and being consistent for a whole season instead of the first 3 months.

When asked about why Eden deserves the EPL POTY he answered ''consistency'' , so I think he meant next year, with a good summer break he believes Oscar can be the Oscar of August-November for the whole year.

To be honest and fair with him, if he plays like the first 3-4 months for the whole year, his rating would be a 7-7.5 for me.

But is he good enough for us to conquer Europe? My personal opinion is no. That's why I hope we at least get a top quality CM/AM to win the CL and Oscar could be decent squad player for that dream, should he stay.

In order for him to have this "evolution" he'll have to play every match. Which means there's no way we're buying a world class CM. The likes of Koke aren't going to come sit on the bench.

Oscar's position in the first XI is really the only first team place that an upgrade is sorely needed. If he isn't replaced then I fail to see how we improve next season.

Talent wise Oscar is not close to Eden, but they are also different players with different qualities.

Think Mou meant the evolution to reach his potential and being consistent for a whole season instead of the first 3 months.

When asked about why Eden deserves the EPL POTY he answered ''consistency'' , so I think he meant next year, with a good summer break he believes Oscar can be the Oscar of August-November for the whole year.

To be honest and fair with him, if he plays like the first 3-4 months for the whole year, his rating would be a 7-7.5 for me.

But is he good enough for us to conquer Europe? My personal opinion is no. That's why I hope we at least get a top quality CM/AM to win the CL and Oscar could be decent squad player for that dream, should he stay.

You're right. I was thinking about it and that has to be it. For him to play at that level he reached in the first half for an entire season is the next step (evolution).

I really wanted Oscar to become big, but he's been here for three seasons. I was thinking he just wasn't going to make it at Chelsea and that he might enjoy some personal succes somewhere else. But Mourinho is not willing to give up on him, and that's fair. He must really see something special in him.

Most of us are really dissapointed with Oscar. So it should be. I think it's mainly down to the fact that:
A - Oscar is incosistent. I remeber him running his heart out against Palace and after that I think Arsenal or Liverpool, only to be zero against United, despite being rested. One thing he needs to sort out is his consitency level. He needs to be able to maintain a high level of performances for at least, let's say 32 out of the 38 games in the year. And by high level, I don't mean him to be scoring hattricks for fun. I mean, for him to be a constant threat to the opposition, linking up well with his team mates and being the non stop workhouse that he is. (in his best days)
B - He isn't that much of a creative focal. Yes, he racks up an asisst here and there, but overall his passing ability isn't great. I think vision wise he is poor. We have Cesc for that. When we had Mata he was able to pick a pass, lobing or between two players wasn't a problem for him. BUT, as I said, having Cesc means we may have a number 10, that is more about scoring goals, which he is, rather than assisting.

Now, I know I have had a bit of a...reaction, when he had his poor run of form, especially with the home game vs Soton, where he dissapointed me,..a lot. Thing is, he has the potential to be WORLD CLASS. He really reminds of me Lampard(as crazy as it seems), in terms that he has good finishing ability, is able to shoot from range and is a workhorse like no other. I personally, being the Mourinho fan that I am, am all for him getting a chance, especially having the summer break now. BUT, there is one thing that needs to be worked on, CONSISTENCY. He may not be able to pass the ball between three players, but when he is playing at his best, he is a force to be reckenod with and I really want to see him succeed, mostly because I like players that aren't all flash, but get the job done.

That being said, IF a good offer comes in, I bet he will be sold, especially with the likes of Griezmann, Isco, Sterling and Bale, all being better options, despite the risks, they carry.

Oscar's position in the first XI is really the only first team place that an upgrade is sorely needed. If he isn't replaced then I fail to see how we improve next season.

Upgrading on Cahill, removing Ivanovic's undroppable status, making Willian share CAM with Oscar and bringing in a new RW.

No CM will be a disappointment though.

It's actually simple. Jose likes players like Lampard (a jack of all trades master of none - except for his ability to score goals, which was above average). Many prefer other kind of players, especially for a #10, maybe not Jose. Nobody denies Lampard was an amazing player at the peak of his career, so if I had to guess why he gives Oscar chance after chance, made the unusual contract renew happen in the middle of the season and gave him the #8 shirt (I don't believe it was just a convenient coincidence) is because he believes he can turn Oscar into our new Lampard. It could work extremely well and some could even call him a genius for that, or it could backfire.

With Cesc in the team as a number '7' he can afford or maybe is even looking forward to having a wildcard '9' which would be a mix of a #8 and #10. It fits a lot Mourinho's views of football and for five months in the first half of the season it worked just fine.

If Oscar will fit the bill only time can tell, but Mourinho has been adamant about Oscar, if not stubborn. I think he believes more in his own ability to make it happen rather than seeing Oscar naturally becoming that player.

Upgrading on Cahill, removing Ivanovic's undroppable status, making Willian share CAM with Oscar and bringing in a new RW.

No CM will be a disappointment though.

Honeslty, I can't see any of these things happening.

Ivanovic will certainly remain undroppable. Cahill has reverted back to his best form and has nailed down his place again so I can't see him just suddenly moving back to the bench. Even if he does would we really bring in a to new CB and forget about using Zouma? Can't see it.

Even getting a new RW is difficult for me to see at this point since we just spunked £26m on a flop.

Getting a new striker is really the only nailed on signing I can see happening at this point.

I cannot believe Jose is betting on Oscar to have a revolutionary season like Hazard did this year next season...

I don't think he's going to put all his eggs in the 'Oscar' basket.

I think he'll be looking for a player like Cesc again, who can play alongside Matic or be pushed up into the number 10 role, if needs be. The obvious name that comes to mind is Koke (but I don't know about his abilities as a CAM).

I share everyone's cynicism about Oscar 'transforming', but we could see a shift in Mourinho's tactics next season that makes Oscar shine? Who knows.