Oscar

themightyblue

Who is the best 10 in the world?

Not that i think it is Oscar obviously.

I'm not big on rankings, so I wouldn't know. But I do think the 5 players MrE mentioned plus the likes of James, Isco, Pastore, Muller, Gotze, De Bruyne make a (far) stronger claim. Not to mention Messi, who basically plays the role of a #10, though coming inside from the right.

Who is the best 10 in the world?

Not that i think it is Oscar obviously.

I'm a massive David Silva fan, but you've also got the likes of James Rodriguez, Ozil, Isco, KdB etc. who are just so ahead of Oscar at number 10. Not even debatable tbh.

I'm more surprised no one mentioned Coutinho in this discussion

As one of the best number 10s? I don't know, not yet for me. The biggest criticism I had of him was a lack of end product, but this season he seems to be stepping it up with everything else not going right around him lmao.

Then again, it must be kept in mind.. He did just turn 22. He's been about for a while and should get better from here.. Not sure if he'll be one of the greats though.

I'm more surprised no one mentioned Coutinho in this discussion

He is another one I forgot about. Coutinho is definitely a better player than Oscar this season and he has way more natural talent. He's the best player at Liverpool.

Scoring a few screamers won't get you far. At the moment, Coutinho is just a flashy player with little end product.

Go back a few pages - it's a long thread - and the same folks are saying the odd goal and assist from Oscar isn't enough and doesn't make good prospect... :)

Compared to Coutinho, Oscar is very very rounded as he's got the defensive side of his game down to exactly what his manager wants. Coutinho is really poor defending and with any physical contact? He's been very poor lately actually, despite a couple of goals in between - went missing several time esp in tough matches. A bad game by Oscar doesn't cost you the game as he's going to do his hard work.

At São Paulo an internacional in Brazil Oscar was far more creative and the concern back then was whether he'd ever become a competitive player - mourinho has addressed that beautifully.

Grass is definitely greener on the other side. (Carzola Mata... :)

liverpool has one really good player and Coutinho ain't it.

Go back a few pages - it's a long thread - and the same folks are saying the odd goal and assist from Oscar isn't enough and doesn't make good prospect... :)

Compared to Coutinho, Oscar is very very rounded as he's got the defensive side of his game down to exactly what his manager wants. Coutinho is really poor defending and with any physical contact? He's been very poor lately actually, despite a couple of goals in between - went missing several time esp in tough matches. A bad game by Oscar doesn't cost you the game as he's going to do his hard work.

At São Paulo an internacional in Brazil Oscar was far more creative and the concern back then was whether he'd ever become a competitive player - mourinho has addressed that beautifully.

Grass is definitely greener on the other side. (Carzola Mata... :)

liverpool has one really good player and Coutinho ain't it.

Who is then? Coutinho has been Liverpool's best player by far and been much better than Oscar this season. Coutinho has been the shining light in an average season for Liverpool and has stepped up in the absence of Suarez and Sturridge for most games. You mention he has been poor recently. He was their best player against QPR and even the game they lost against Hull, I heard he was Liverpool's best player by far and caused Hull plenty of problems. On top of that Oscar has been worse than Coutinho this season and far too inconsistent. Bar the defensive side which Coutinho has actually improved on Coutinho is better than Oscar in most aspects of his game. You put Oscar in Liverpool's team and there is no way he would be able to do what Coutinho does imo as he does not have the same creativity, flair, skill. Coutinho has massively improved his technique as well this season. Just look at some of the goals he has scored.

Who is then? Coutinho has been Liverpool's best player by far and been much better than Oscar this season. Coutinho has been the shining light in an average season for Liverpool and has stepped up in the absence of Suarez and Sturridge for most games. You mention he has been poor recently. He was their best player against QPR and even the game they lost against Hull, I heard he was Liverpool's best player by far and caused Hull plenty of problems. On top of that Oscar has been worse than Coutinho this season and far too inconsistent. Bar the defensive side which Coutinho has actually improved on Coutinho is better than Oscar in most aspects of his game. You put Oscar in Liverpool's team and there is no way he would be able to do what Coutinho does imo as he does not have the same creativity, flair, skill. Coutinho has massively improved his technique as well this season. Just look at some of the goals he has scored.

Sterling for me.

Coutinho is responsible for good plays as well as many of the goals they concede. no thanks.