Oscar

themightyblue

I don't think he's going to put all his eggs in the 'Oscar' basket.

I think he'll be looking for a player like Cesc again, who can play alongside Matic or be pushed up into the number 10 role, if needs be. The obvious name that comes to mind is Koke (but I don't know about his abilities as a CAM).

I share everyone's cynicism about Oscar 'transforming', but we could see a shift in Mourinho's tactics next season that makes Oscar shine? Who knows.

after 5 years (since carlo's 1st year), this is the first time we look to have some identity, we look to be playing in a "system". why exactly should jose be shifting/tweaking his tactics to make oscar shine? lets be honest, you cant have 2 AMs in a "free role" (other obviously being hazard) and expect to be defensively solid. and then there's the fact that is oscar really that talented that we go into another season with him as a guaranteed first team starter (cos thats exactly what jose's statement implies that his position next season will be - guaranteed).

i hope both jose and oscar prove me wrong but in my opinion, going into next season with no WC midfielder would be a massive, massive massive mistake.

Man I fucking love this little dude. If he goes in the summer I think it could be the first time since my cat died that I could cry.

But

He needs to go to benefit his own career.

Such a shame considering the buzz he created around here when he scored that wonder goal against Juventus.

So sorry for your cat! :cry:

You never know with Mourinho he could just lie to inflate his price more but it's very nice to see some crawling out of they're holes because of his comments. Im sure some of you know better than Mourinho what this team lacks :D

How often is Jose wrong though?

The potential is there. When we brought him most thought he had more talent than Hazard - Clearly he hasn't developed at the same pace but if he steps up then I bet the tune here will change.

I don't think he's going to put all his eggs in the 'Oscar' basket.

I think he'll be looking for a player like Cesc again, who can play alongside Matic or be pushed up into the number 10 role, if needs be. The obvious name that comes to mind is Koke (but I don't know about his abilities as a CAM).

I share everyone's cynicism about Oscar 'transforming', but we could see a shift in Mourinho's tactics next season that makes Oscar shine? Who knows.

I sincerely hope this is the case.

Name and shame them. No one in their right mind would hold such POV. The most outlandish claim around that time was that he had the potential to become one of the very best AM in the future which was nothing more than a baseless assertion. If anyone at any point in time actually thought he had more talent than Hazard then I would love to know so as not to ever take them seriously again.

Not more talent, but I do remember a few saying that his ceiling was higher than Eden's.

Not more talent, but I do remember a few saying that his ceiling was higher than Eden's.

Because of this

Can you comprehend the fact that he made the decision to do that when the ball was played to him? In less than a second or two, he imagined this. And executed it brilliantly as well. Genius.

I can't believe that's Oscar. The Oscar of right now. It's still up there with the best goals I've seen.

Because of this

Can you comprehend he made the decision to do that when the ball was played to him? In less than a second or two, he imagined this. And executed it brilliantly as well. Genius.

I can't believe that's Oscar. The Oscar of right now. It's still up there with the best goals I've seen.

It was incredible. Such a good goal. I was too excited about Oscar's potential from that game and that is still his best CFC performance for me. That was 3 years ago and he hasn't actually reached those heights again. Had Godlo in his pocket and controlled the game completely. If he had that sort of performance in him consistently, you won't ever see me complain about the lad.

It's because of that performance that I still have the slightest bit of hope in the guy. I've mostly given up on him though.

It was incredible. Such a good goal. I was too excited about Oscar's potential from that game and that is still his best CFC performance for me. That was 3 years ago and he hasn't actually reached those heights again. Had Godlo in his pocket and controlled the game completely. If he had that sort of performance in him consistently, you won't ever see me complain about the lad.

It's because of that performance that I still have the slightest bit of hope in the guy. I've mostly given up on him though.

My mind was blown. I remember even Buffon and Pirlo raving, and those guys have seen everything. But like you said, he hasn't developed. Never quite playing like that again.

The weirdest thing is, it seems like most of his flair and fantasy has been drained out his system. He doesn't play like he did in 12/13 and I find that very strange.

My mind was blown. I remember even Buffon and Pirlo raving, and those guys have seen everything. But like you said, he hasn't developed. Never quite playing like that again.

The weirdest thing is, it seems like most of his flair and fantasy has been drained out his system. He doesn't play like he did in 12/13 and I find that very strange.

Consequence of Mou's system. In the Brazil shirt he's a creator.

I've watched more than a fair bit of Brazil, though not much since the World Cup ended, and I disagree with that. I think calling him a creator is generous, though he is a bit more influential overall, plays with more flair and he scores fairly frequently for them. Doesn't really say much though. Playing friendlies against decent and poor sides for the most part, with the occasional good team coming along. He does click really well with Neymar.

Hardly. Mourinho's first season back in charge he was our most creative and consistent player then he disappeared after new year. Again he has scored goals and got assists this year but hes hardly played better than that Juve game here or even played consistently. Brazil are still carried by Neymar a bit as well, so to say hes a creator ? Not necessarily true. He hasn't even been called up for the Copa America which shows how backwards hes really been this season, considering he was a regular for Brazil ever since 2011.

Hardly. Mourinho's first season back in charge he was our most creative and consistent player then he disappeared after new year. Again he has scored goals and got assists this year but hes hardly played better than that Juve game here or even played consistently. Brazil are still carried by Neymar a bit as well, so to say hes a creator ? Not necessarily true. He hasn't even been called up for the Copa America which shows how backwards hes really been this season, considering he was a regular for Brazil ever since 2011.

I agree with most, but he wasn't called for Copa America because he's injured and will take a while to recover, not being in form in time.

It's a sort of a myth he's more creative and important to Brazil. I watched him in the WC and CC and there was nothing different. I haven't watched any friendlies ever since the WC though, but I've never seen anyone - especially in Brazil - praise him for any of those matches, so I suppose it was just about the same. He completely stagnated in his development and I already said it once, it seems like he's satisfied with what he's accomplished so far, he doesn't seem to have a lot of objectives regarding his progression and seems a bit accommodated to me.

I agree with most, but he wasn't called for Copa America because he's injured and will take a while to recover, not being in form in time.

It's a sort of a myth he's more creative and important to Brazil. I watched him in the WC and CC and there was nothing different. I haven't watched any friendlies ever since the WC though, but I've never seen anyone - especially in Brazil - praise him for any of those matches, so I suppose it was just about the same. He completely stagnated in his development and I already said it once, it seems like he's satisfied with what he's accomplished so far, he doesn't seem to have a lot of objectives regarding his progression and seems a bit accommodated to me.

Barbara is correct about Oscar's performances for Brazil under Dunga (despite not having seen the games herself); I've watched every one of the Brazil games since the World Cup and Oscar has actually been one of their least impressive players overall. He put in a good display against France recently, but he's generally been playing out-of-position on the left (to a 6/10 level), where he has been used in a supporting role for Neymar, Willian (who has been very good for Brazil since the World Cup), and Firmino/Tardelli. I haven't noticed any increase in his levels of freedom or creativity relative to what he has been offering us here for the last 5 months or so. Despite this, it does indeed appear to have become something of a myth among Chelsea supporters that he plays much better for Brazil than he does for us.

I'm hoping José's comments are a similar ploy for what he said of Luiz, Mata and Torres: big them up before and during the transfer window so clubs pay a bigger price (In Toress' case it was simply so we could be shot of him).

I'm hoping he really is being replaced by Griezmann.