Oscar

themightyblue

It was just one game but also most important one so far. And if Oscar can be missed in most important game, its something telling that he isnt as important. Sure he had wonderful season so far and I like him being our #10, but even against team like West Ham, he didnt deliver creativity and chances.

Not really. It's telling that City are a different kind of side, and we as a team have a philosophy that is reactive rather than one that is stable with a clear cut agenda we see week in and week out ( City, Arsenal, Liverpool) . I also don't get the logic of using the West Ham game as an example to pull out specific players and criticise them. We had a terrific performance against them, what we lacked was pure luck. 9 shots on target if I'm not wrong, but most importantly, Lampard had a shot saved and Oscar hit the wood work. One of them games where you can't blame anyone. West Ham's defenders were shoddy but Adrian saved the day for them. It doesn't always have to be a you-bad-I-good situation.

In terms of assists his 2 in 22 games in very low for a #10 but i don't think that's his role in the team

The player behind the striker is expected to be the creative force in the team, but that's not Oscar's game.

He can make a good pass, but like once every 6 games. It's not good enough for a #10, but he fits the hardworking approach under Mou, and scores goals to make up for his lack of assists, so it's all good for now.

I won't be surprised if he's left out for Willian more though, assuming Salah settles in well - and turns out to be the left-footed pacewhore Mourinho wants.

In terms of assists his 2 in 22 games in very low for a #10 but i don't think that's his role in the team

The player behind the striker is expected to be the creative force in the team, but that's not Oscar's game.

He can make a good pass, but like once every 6 games. It's not good enough for a #10, but he fits the hardworking approach under Mou, and scores goals to make up for his lack of assists, so it's all good for now.

I won't be surprised if he's left out for Willian more though, assuming Salah settles in well - and turns out to be the left-footed pacewhore Mourinho wants.

I think we're looking at a player similar to Robben in Salah and I'd appreciate the goal threat but that's a good shout Oscar and Willian do tend to do quite similar jobs and vital jobs for the team but quite unspectacular in terms of end product so it wouldn't surprise me to see them rotated when Salah gets his footing, if he does!

You make it seem that willian is gettin these assists...

Willian prior to coming to chelsea, was always viewed as an attacking flair player. However, mourinho uses him completely different.

Oscar/willian dont have the freedom most 10s do.

This idea he cant make the good pass is false... More like he balances his effort on both sides of the ball.

I can't believe people are now calling for Oscar head.. when we played possibly the best team on the planet current CL holders Oscar was vital as he was in the 2-1 defeat of City at the Bridge.. He is rested for this game as tactics dictated we needed to be faster on the break and all of a sudden his importance is being questioned.. I know you guys miss Mata but some need to get their heads checked..

its mata withdrawal....

You make it seem that willian is gettin these assists...

No. You misread my point.

Willian is just more dynamic than Oscar, but his final ball could also use some work.

And i think Willian right now is backup #10 to Oscar, so given his performance there against City, i said he could leave Oscar out more times if Salah does well on the right.

Oscar/willian dont have the freedom most 10s do.

Not in big games yes, they have to work so much harder than the likes of Silva and Ozil who just stroll back with no care in the world.

But you can't tell me Oscar doesn't have any freedom against a team like West ham at home?

This idea he cant make the good pass is false... More like he balances his effort on both sides of the ball.

I did say he can make a good pass, but it's few and far between.

its mata withdrawal....

Cute.

don't talk about shit you don't know

Neymar put in a request to play with the #10 and OSCAR agreed without creating a problem. It wasn't a managerial decision... Neymar did it because that's who he is... that's how his father manages his career. There was a lot of backlash, so yeah, the shirt would still be Oscar's if Neymar didn't ask for it for his vain reasons.

And then asked by the media if he was upset about Neymar's request, Oscar answered it was just a shirt, that's not important and he moved on from the subject.

That is not true at all. Neymar didnt want the #10 jersey, but Nike executives asked him to try to talk with Oscar and Scolari and see if there was any problems with him wearing it in the Confederations and World Cups.

I do think Oscar deserved to be the #10 and Neymar the #11, but it is ridicululous how you threw the information without knowing anything about it...

No. You misread my point.

Willian is just more dynamic than Oscar, but his final ball could also use some work.

And i think Willian right now is backup #10 to Oscar, so given his performance there against City, i said he could leave Oscar out more times if Salah does well on the right.

Not in big games yes, they have to work so much harder than the likes of Silva and Ozil who just stroll back with no care in the world.

But you can't tell me Oscar doesn't have any freedom against a team like West ham at home?

I did say he can make a good pass, but it's few and far between.

Cute.

Sry brah.

Oscar can be the creative force that you guys seem to think he lacks...

The same force Willian was suppose to be for AVB at tottenham, however, mourinho plays him differently.

Hey guess what, we didnt lose to stoke like another team did.

That is not true at all. Neymar didnt want the #10 jersey, but Nike executives asked him to try to talk with Oscar and Scolari and see if there was any problems with him wearing it in the Confederations and World Cups.

I do think Oscar deserved to be the #10 and Neymar the #11, but it is ridicululous how you threw the information without knowing anything about it...

The three most trustworthy channels in Brazil confirm 'my story' and they are direct quotes from Felipão's press conference... Neymar asked, he's agreed.

He asked Felipao and that was it. There's no mention of Nike. He's asked to play with that number when Felipão talked about numbers. There are certain players that prefer odd numbers - which is not common in Brazil as you may know. Most brazilians whether here our in other countries, like to follow 1-11 and unless they spend years abroad playing another # because of lack of their fave, they come back to the originals 1-11 when they go to NT (and are titulars) or when they come back playing here. So Felipao made it sort of clear he was confirming with those players (the ones that like numbers such as 12 or 19) about shirt numbers and Neymar asked it. I don't know where you got the Nike story, I spread the official version, if you have a different one, I don't. So I threw the information all media threw - including in videos...

ESPN:

http://m.espn.com.br/noticia/333736_aplaudido-neymar-pede-e-veste-a-camisa-10-aprova-atuacao-mas-fala-em-empate-amargo

Principal estrela da seleção brasileira, Neymar entrou em campo com uma responsabilidade a mais neste domingo: ele pediu e vestiu a camisa 10.

Globo Esporte:

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/selecao-brasileira/noticia/2013/06/felipao-diz-que-neymar-pediu-para-ser-camisa-10-mas-numero-pode-mudar.html

- Ontem (sábado), quando tínhamos que inscrever os atletas, perguntamos aos jogadores qual camisa queriam. Cada um colocaria o número que quisesse. A 11 é a que ele vinha jogando, mas pediu a 10. Ponto.

UOL

http://copadomundo.uol.com.br/noticias/redacao/2013/06/02/neymar-pediu-para-usar-a-camisa-10-da-selecao-diz-scolari.htm

Jogar com a camisa 10 no Maracanã foi uma escolha de Neymar. Luiz Felipe Scolari, técnico da seleção brasileira, revelou que o atacante solicitou jogar com o número que foi de Pelé e Zico.

"Foi uma solicitação quando a gente escreveu os atletas. Nos perguntamos aos jogadores. Um queria 12, outro 19. Colocamos os números que eles quiserem. Ele pediu e jogou com a 10", afirmou Felipão.

The three most trustworthy channels in Brazil confirm 'my story' and they are direct quotes from Felipão's press conference... Neymar asked, he's agreed.

He asked Felipao and that was it. There's no mention of Nike. He's asked to play with that number when Felipão talked about numbers. There are certain players that prefer odd numbers - which is not common in Brazil as you may know. Most brazilians whether here our in other countries, like to follow 1-11 and unless they spend years abroad playing another # because of lack of their fave, they come back to the originals 1-11 when they go to NT (and are titulars) or when they come back playing here. So Felipao made it sort of clear he was confirming with those players (the ones that like numbers such as 12 or 19) about shirt numbers and Neymar asked it. I don't know where you got the Nike story, I spread the official version, if you have a different one, I don't. So I threw the information all media threw - including in videos...

ESPN:

http://m.espn.com.br/noticia/333736_aplaudido-neymar-pede-e-veste-a-camisa-10-aprova-atuacao-mas-fala-em-empate-amargo

Globo Esporte:

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/selecao-brasileira/noticia/2013/06/felipao-diz-que-neymar-pediu-para-ser-camisa-10-mas-numero-pode-mudar.html

UOL

http://copadomundo.uol.com.br/noticias/redacao/2013/06/02/neymar-pediu-para-usar-a-camisa-10-da-selecao-diz-scolari.htm

That is not the part I disagree, I never said Neymar didnt ask for it (which if you actually read my post it is there). But it is pathetic to say it was for vains reasons when you have got no clue on why he actually asked for it!

No mention of Nike? Are you five years old? Yeah, Neymar and Felipão will really expose the business reasons behind why a certain player decided to change his kit number. LOL!

Once again, you decide to argue the part of the discussion that is convenient to you and leave your mistakes to second plan...

That is not the part I disagree, I never said Neymar didnt ask for it (which if you actually read my post it is there). But it is pathetic to say it was for vains reasons when you have got no clue on why he actually asked for it!

Once again, you decide to argue the part of the discussion that is convenient to you and leave your mistakes to second plan...

The point I made it very clear I was making was: who decided Neymar would play #10? Neymar did... his reasons are my guess and yours and whoever's. You have some info I don't, but it doesn't change the fact I was answering to someone implying Oscar LOST #10 for Neymar because Neymar's the most influential player in Brazil. No, he's lost because Neymar asked for it, for whatever reason. And then you can read my subsequent answer to the same guy saying I was never saying Oscar is our most exciting player. You're nitpicking on something just because you feel the need to defend Neymar's choice. I don't care about his choice. I don't care who wears #10, but the guy I answered to implied it was on the player's importance that the shirt changed (or at least that's how I understood him), which at least officially wasn't the reason...

I'm moving on from the subject. Nike, his father or his vain reasons, I don't care. He asked and that was why it was changed and that was the main part of the post and the discussion. I just find it funny you have a fabulous story that I've never seen in the media, that doesn't make that much sense given how the decision was made (after some training session), that doesn't fit the kind of relationship CBF keeps with their sponsors (whorish like - they pay, we give). Nike decides many of our friendlies (where they're played, against who and that's been propagated by the media for years) because they give us money for that, and being as influential as that they would need to ask a player to ask for a number instead of simply having it done like they do with CBF for years now, especially about the thing they spend money they most with us: our kits.

Yeah, I tend to believe at the end of the day if that wasn't Neymar ego itself who decided for the number, it was at least his father who thought it would be better for business for him to be #10. Nike wouldn't need Neymar to ask, they would simply demand it - as they do with the friendlies for example, but there are other shady stuff too - and it would happen. Why are we even talking about it anyway? I don't give a shit about it. Oscar still is Brazil's #10 regardless of what number his shirt is.

The point I made it very clear I was making was: who decided Neymar would play #10? Neymar did... his reasons are my guess and yours and whoever's. You have some info I don't, but it doesn't change the fact I was answering to someone implying Oscar LOST #10 for Neymar because Neymar's the most influential player in Brazil. No, he's lost because Neymar asked for it, for whatever reason. And then you can read my subsequent answer to the same guy saying I was never saying Oscar is our most exciting player. You're nitpicking on something just because you feel the need to defend Neymar's choice. I don't care about his choice. I don't care who wears #10, but the guy I answered to implied it was on the player's importance that the shirt changed (or at least that's how I understood him), which at least officially wasn't the reason...

You are absolutely correct, I only quoted you because I feel the need to enlighten you about Neymar's position because you posted incorrect information about why he went for Brazil's #10!

Just like you have the right correct everyone who posts something you think is wrong (which you love to do), I also have the right to do the same...

I'm moving on from the subject. Nike, his father or his vain reasons, I don't care. He asked and that was why it was changed and that was the main part of the post and the discussion. I just find it funny you have a fabulous story that I've never seen in the media, that doesn't make that much sense given how the decision was made (after some training session), that doesn't fit the kind of relationship CBF keeps with their sponsors (whorish like - they pay, we give). Nike decides many of our friendlies (where they're played, against who and that's been propagated by the media for years) because they give us money for that, and being as influential as that they would need to ask a player to ask for a number instead of simply having it done like they do with CBF for years now, especially about the thing they spend money they most with us: our kits.

Barbara, have you ever participated in a negotiation? Because really, this particular paragraph has just a load of horse s*** in its bad attempt to counter-argue...

Nike wanted Brazil's #10 shirt to be worn by one of their own propaganda players, especially since the World Cup will be in our country in 2014. Neymar is basically the only big name (in the midfield/attack) who could make that wish come true. So, they reached out to Neymar's aggency (which is owned by Ronaldo if I am not mistaken) and asked them to see if there was an amicable way to change shirt numbers with Oscar.

Now, like you said, Nike could have very well just imposed it. However, what is one of the main rules of politics and negotiations? Dont engage in unnecessary fights! So, why go to all this trouble with CBF, Oscar, Big Phill, etc., if Neymar could just ask and try to not make a huge deal out of it?

Neymar is one of Oscar's best friends, a simple 5min talk during training session would obviously be enough to resolve the matter (a very small matter, btw).

Yeah, I tend to believe at the end of the day if that wasn't Neymar ego itself who decided for the number, it was at least his father who thought it would be better for business for him to be #10. Nike wouldn't need Neymar to ask, they would simply demand it - as they do with the friendlies for example, but there are other shady stuff too - and it would happen.

You have the right to believe in whatever you want, at the end of the day you will still be wrong about it. You might still be doubtful with just me talking, but PVC posted it in his blog when it happened, so you can double check there if you want to!

And even if it was because of Neymar's ego or his dad's plan. Doesn't he deserves to have the #10 shirt if he wanted and Oscar agreed to it? It is not like will have to carry the team by his shoulders (just like last summer) anyways. Theoretically, the #10 is loaned out to the centralized play maker, but we already had some forwards using it and so on. I liked Oscar with the #10, but be that him or Neymar we will be very well represented.

Oscar is extremely important to Brazil and Chelsea, but there is no question Neymar is the bright light. He is for Brazil the parallel to the Hazard-Oscar situation in Chelsea; in which one is great and works hard but the other is the real game changer and future world's best!

One thing though: Neymar doesnt even have half the ego a multimillionaire teenage boy usually has. He is not humble (like Hazard, etc), but he is not even close to being a Rooney, Balotelli, Messi or CR7. I cant get my head around on how do people think he has such a big ego. Dont tell me it is because of the hair or whatever, lol.

Why are we even talking about it anyway? I don't give a shit about it. Oscar still is Brazil's #10 regardless of what number his shirt is.

LOL, I actually dont even know!

I guess I wanted to make it clear that Neymar isnt that amazingly villain people portray him to be, so I am constantly in the need to enter in arguments with whomever keeps with the "cunt this, cunt that"...

I also dont give a shit, as long as both continue to play great for our nation, everything is fine. But like I said, it pisses me off that every little thing that happen Neymar is all of a sudden the second coming of Darth Vader!!!

I am sure you feel that with Cristiano Ronaldo as well!