Oscar

themightyblue

I wonder if the language barrier is an obstacle for him on the pitch...

When I watch him play, he always passes comfortable to Rambo and Luiz, but not the others as much..

Probably,.it would be natural for him link-up much better with Luiz and Ramires, but he does link up equally well with Hazard (for example their one-two's) and Mata on occasion. Its cliche', but it goes to show that the language of football is more powerful than anything else on the pitch.

I'm watching the game now, I don't know why people were moaning about his first touch. In all the 4 times he could not control the pass well, the original pass was not good enough. They're all very difficult to control.

Oscar will be the best player in the future on our current squad.

Whether he is on Chelsea or some other team, he will be a world beater!

no chance! Oscar will become a great player for sure but Hazard is our real gem who could become one of the top 3 players in the world!

2 goals in 2 Epl games, he is starting to get up on things regarding scoring in EPL..11 goals for his first season @21 is just perfect. To think that with his number of goals and assist sme pple want him to be played in dp is ridiculous. He is proving very relevant to our chances of champions league qualification. That's the fighting spirit we want from him. He is always and steadily improving/adapting it seems.

Thought Rafa taking Lampard on was clever because Oscar and Lampard could rotate and one could go as a more attacking midfielder while the other one sat back a bit more. It only happened two or three times but it was good to keep the team a bit more balanced. Also great finish by him today. He may have lost the ball a bit today but he was still decent.

I'm watching the game now, I don't know why people were moaning about his first touch. In all the 4 times he could not control the pass well, the original pass was not good enough. They're all very difficult to control.

To be quite fair, in 2 of those chances he could have done much better. Nothing that he was doing in the first 20min was working as well.

However, it is ridiculous to have people (and this was not only one member) saying he is trash and how he is the new Kalou or even that he had to be subbed off for either Marin or Benayoun!

Chelsea fans have no patience at all...

To be quite fair, in 2 of those chances he could have done much better. Nothing that he was doing in the first 20min was working as well.

However, it is ridiculous to have people (and this was not only one member) saying he is trash and how he is the new Kalou or even that he had to be subbed off for either Marin or Benayoun!

Chelsea fans have no patience at all...

people were the same with Drogba at the start of his Chelsea career! I see Oscar becoming a truly outstanding player for Chelsea in the future, for his first season at such a young i think he has done fantastic and he will only get better from here.

He will improve, like Hazard also. First season for the lad and some adapt better than others but you can clearly see he has something about him, works incredibly hard and next season I will stick my neck out and say, we will see a better Oscar for sure.

Was terrible before the goal, but started moving towards the center more and became a beast in the 2nd half. Came to pick the ball from the center and distributed passes. Was even more mobile than mata in the 2nd half.

Has to work on his first touch though, was looking terrible early before lamps came on.

People complaining about his first touch are being harsh but it has looked poor at times. I think it's to do with playing on smaller pitches in quicker games than he was used to in Brazil. Have you ever seen how big those pitches are in Brazil? HUGE would be an understatement and the games are played at a slow tempo. He doesn't have the same time and space which is a big change for him. Compare that to players like Hazard and Mata who have grown up in the culture of smaller pitches + higher intensity games in Europe and you'll see that their touch is more refined.

But his touch isn't always bad. I'd say 75% of the time it's good to great but us supporters seem to remember the bad more than the good unfortunately. I don't think it will be a problem in the long-term however.

Here is something I never thought about. Great observation mate!

Our pitchs are indeed huge. Maracanã was 113m x 75m and so was many other pitchs. With the WC 2014, it is all being reduced to 105m x 68m, which is what FIFA recomends.

This does change the style of play, position and first touch more than one can imagine!

Here is something I never thought about. Great observation mate!

Our pitchs are indeed huge. Maracanã was 113m x 75m and so was many other pitchs. With the WC 2014, it is all being reduced to 105m x 68m, which is what FIFA recomends.

This does change the style of play, position and first touch more than one can imagine!

See that's a significant difference and then you add in the pace of the games, especially in England, it's almost a different game altogether. He's going to be fine, I have no worries about Oscar at all. :worship2:

Nah, don't agree with Oscar having to "work" so much on his first touch. He had a bad game in that respect but his first touch is more than fine.

In Brazil they play a lot of street soccer (well used to anyway) and I'm assuming Oscar was brought up under that, so his first touch in tight situations is naturally good.

Like Styles said, 75% of the time his first touch is excellent. People weren't complaining about it before yesterday's game.