Oscar

themightyblue

Guys... I want to be clear at first... After Neymar, Oscar is my favorite player at the moment... But this is crazy. I understand the hapiness with Oscar since he is exhaling class with our shirt, but, are you guys really saying that Oscar is way better without the transition of Lucas Moura to Europe?

I'm not somebody that see Lucas just in youtube videos. In Brazil, i support Corinthians, the rival of São Paulo Futebol club, and still, i say that this guy, Moura, is damn dangerous. He is not just the drible, not anymore. And even when he was starting, he still had the pass, the mobility, the positioning to receive passess or chances outside of the area and shoot. Now, he gained experience, he defends and also helps to orchestrate the game. He has the same good characteristic of Oscar, he shows his best at hard times, against big rivals.

I live here, this saying that Oscar was more hyped than him is wrong... Just now that he is in Chelsea. And Didier Drogba LA-la-La-LA-la-La, you're brazilian, you know that Lucas don't play because of the stubbornness of Mano Menezes, just like with Dunga... Pato wasn't called, but we know that Grafite is not better that him. Everyone ask for Neymar in one side with Lucas in the other. And to be true, our diamond just received the 10 because Ganso was injured and this number is, year for year, in brazil, given to the player that has the role to orchestrate the game, the AMF. The best player is Neymar... And while Oscar showed his skills in the sub-20 world cup, Moura was at the American Cup with the principal team, they thought that Moura was more ready.

And of course today Oscar is put above Lucas now. He made the move to europe and didn't struggle, is learning new things.... I'm not saying that Lucas is better, but, saying that Oscar is ten times Lucas is just wrong... Psg people don't paid this crazy amount for nothing.

Of course, i don't think that his price was correct, but still... He seems to have a good future.

Well, he's coming, let's see how well he will develop. I Just hope for good football.

^_^

Guys... I want to be clear at first... After Neymar, Oscar is my favorite player at the moment... But this is crazy. I understand the hapiness with Oscar since he is exhaling class with our shirt, but, are you guys really saying that Oscar is way better without the transition of Lucas Moura to Europe?

I'm not somebody that see Lucas just in youtube videos. In Brazil, i support Corinthians, the rival of São Paulo Futebol club, and still, i say that this guy, Moura, is damn dangerous. He is not just the drible, not anymore. And even when he was starting, he still had the pass, the mobility, the positioning to receive passess or chances outside of the area and shoot. Now, he gained experience, he defends and also helps to orchestrate the game. He has the same good characteristic of Oscar, he shows his best at hard times, against big rivals.

I live here, this saying that Oscar was more hyped than him is wrong... Just now that he is in Chelsea. And Didier Drogba LA-la-La-LA-la-La, you're brazilian, you know that Lucas don't play because of the stubbornness of Mano Menezes, just like with Dunga... Pato wasn't called, but we know that Grafite is not better that him. Everyone ask for Neymar in one side with Lucas in the other. And to be true, our diamond just received the 10 because Ganso was injured and this number is, year for year, in brazil, given to the player that has the role to orchestrate the game, the AMF. The best player is Neymar... And while Oscar showed his skills in the sub-20 world cup, Moura was at the American Cup with the principal team, they thought that Moura was more ready.

And of course today Oscar is put above Lucas now. He made the move to europe and didn't struggle, is learning new things.... I'm not saying that Lucas is better, but, saying that Oscar is ten times Lucas is just wrong... Psg people don't paid this crazy amount for nothing.

Of course, i don't think that his price was correct, but still... He seems to have a good future.

Well, he's coming, let's see how well he will develop. I Just hope for good football.

^_^

I disagree with you concerning Lucas Moura. Good player, but kinda one trick pony in my book. So, I tend to agree with Brazil management about Lucas' role in the national team.

Oscar IMO is a sure starter for Brazil... while Lucas is debatable. They don't play in the same position as Lucas to me is a pure attacker, he can't track back or play in the middle.

^_^

First of all, It is Rmpr not Dider Drogba Lalalala...

Second, have you ever been to Cotia training ground? Muricy went there severall times just to see Oscar. Nobody is saying Lucas isnt great, no team pays 44million for a bad player, he is very good (alright, we pay 44million for a bad player, but that is another discussion). You cant deny Oscar was way more hyped, every youngster coach new about him when he was 15, not about former Marcelinho though.

Third, dont tell me Hulk havent won fairly his place. Yes, back at the Olympics everybody wanted to see Lucas, but the places have changed. Hulk totally deserved his starting place. Oscar on the other hand, just make Ganso look stupid. Ganso did not lived up to the expectations, Oscar did.

Fourth, I think you are misinderstanding. Nobody said he wont succeed or he is not inteligent or he is one dimensional. We are only saying Oscar is better (at least for now).

Enough with Moura vs Oscar, lets just concentrate on Oscar here!

I disagree with you concerning Lucas Moura. Good player, but kinda one trick pony in my book. So, I tend to agree with Brazil management about Lucas' role in the national team.

Oscar IMO is a sure starter for Brazil... while Lucas is debatable. They don't play in the same position as Lucas to me is a pure attacker, he can't track back or play in the middle.

I respect your opinion, for what you said, i assume that you watch his games, i also receive comments here that he tends to go for the drible, but this is because is his best skill, and works a lot. We had Robben in CHelsea, we all know that he would take the ball at the right side, bring to middle and kick, but still worked... Not saying that Lucas always go for the same play, is just that he do it(the drible) because it works, if he needs to adapt here, i think he will do. He can do other things alright. His last game can show, the 5 x 0 againt "La U", look at the pass that he did to Luis Fabiano...

Look, Lucas is clearly wronged. Okay, you may prefer Hulk above him, but he didn't even receive a good chance, always when has just some minutes of game, even if you put all that, that he has one trick, for what he showed us in the Brasileirão, he should have more chances...

Agree with you about tracking back, he try, but still is no good at it... Disagree about his position, he plays in the midfield, but always at the sides... To compare, Neymar is the LWF, while Lucas play behind as the RMF... He is really agressive, really direct, so it seems like that.

But again, i get your point.

First of all, It is Rmpr not Dider Drogba Lalalala...

Second, have you ever been to Cotia training ground? Muricy went there severall times just to see Oscar. Nobody is saying Lucas isnt great, no team pays 44million for a bad player, he is very good (alright, we pay 44million for a bad player, but that is another discussion). You cant deny Oscar was way more hyped, every youngster coach new about him when he was 15, not about former Marcelinho though.

Third, dont tell me Hulk havent won fairly his place. Yes, back at the Olyics everybody wanted to see Lucas, but the places have changed. Hulk totally deserved his starting place. Oscar on the other hand, just make Ganso look stupid. We all that! Ganso did not lived up to the expectations, Oscar did.

Fourth, I think you are misinderstanding. Nobody said he wont succeed or he is not inteligent or he is one dimensional. We are only saying Oscar is better (at least for now).

Enough with Moura vs Oscar, lest just concentrate on Oscar here!

Sorry about the name, i'm new at the forum, to be true, i never used one.

Aw man, mates, i don't wanna be the boring guy that just talk about one player... But i have to talk in this one... ^_^

I never ever was at Cotia, and never will, i am also a corinthians supporter. xD

I said hype in the time that both were exploding... Lucas at São Paulo and Oscar for Internacional, as i said, Oscar played the sub-20 while Lucas was with the principal team... Never said that one was better than the other, just commenting about the hype.

And yeah, Oscar was compared with Kaka and all, i remember, good times, São Paulo just kicked Liverpool lol.

I agree with you, i totally think that he deserves the starting place. And yeah, Ganso is having a bad time, this, since he started to have a lot of injuries... But before that, for what he played in 2010, omg, i would pick him instead of Neymar. But then he become injuried, Oscar received his chance and used it like a boss. =D

Oh yeah, almost forgot, Hulk deserves his place, He saved Mano Menezes a lot... Er... i mean, Brazil, he saved Brazil. lol

But okay, i stop now, let's go back to Oscar, really class, until where do you guys think he will go? What type of player and how much will he develop?

I knew, watching him in the Olympics that he'd be great for us, i fell in love with him before i ever saw him in a blue shirt. When he was given Didier's shirt number, i knew this guy was gonna have a big part to play. The impact he has mate alongside Mata and Hazard in that trio in such a short time has been stunning.

I shall dedicate my 200th post to this guy. What a gem we've got on hands ladies and gentlemen. I have to second Ollie's love for this guy. So young, and so massively talented that it's unrealistic. What a player he'll be able to turn into. Wet dreams even thinking about the future Chelsea front 6.....

Mikel - Ramires/De Bruyne

Oscar - Mata - Hazard

Bendtner (lol no, but choose any worldclass striker).

Anyways, Oscar you magician. Keep up the performances. Even though this certainly wasn't his best game, he has so much to offer. It will surely be a treat follow Chelsea the next couple of years that's for sure!

As I said in the post match thread, they completely owned our midfield and our attack looked like crap after he came off.RDM took him off even though he was our best player out of the 4 forwards.

That had more to do with Liverpool being galvanised because of their equaliser and Rodgers changing the tactics.

I do agree that he was the best forward though, always tried to get us going, unfortunately not everyone was on his wavelength.

Have no idea why people were saying he was our best forward. He was our worst player in the first half.(His gamescore on whoscored.com was the worst on our team at that point-under 6) He gave the ball up easily way too often and his lack of physicality meant Liverpool players just took the ball off him a couple of times. He had a fantastic chance and missed the net by 10 feet. He had an excellent 10 minutes in the second half and then disappeared again. He was the right man to take off. Hazard was our most dangerous attacking player and Mata has been our best player all season. Not sure why Oscar's CL excellence hasn't really translated to the Premier League yet. It will happen, but it will take some adjusting.

He kept our attack flowing,created that chance at the end of the first half when Mata should have scored (or passed to Hazard),completed the midfield when Liverpool were on attack.Not to mention some great dribbling.

He lost the ball just as much as Hazard and Mata if not less.Hazard the most dangerous?I thought this was one of his poorest performance for us, dribbled too much and his decision making in the final third wasn't good enough .

He kept our attack flowing,created that chance at the end of the first half when Mata should have scored (or passed to Hazard),completed the midfield when Liverpool were on attack.Not to mention some great dribbling.

He lost the ball just as much as Hazard and Mata if not less.Hazard the most dangerous?I thought this was one of his poorest performance for us, dribbled too much and his decision making in the final third wasn't good enough .

Not true. According to Whoscored.Com (http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/615017/Live) Oscar was 5 times dispossesed and caused 2 turnovers vs. 4 and 2 for Hazard and 5 and 1 for Mata. All that with 15 minutes less playing time than Hazard and Mata. Hazard had 5 succesfull dribbles, Oscar 2 and Mata 1. Hazard had 4 key passes, Mata 3 and Oscar 2. Besides all those numbers, I saw the game too and I did not find Oscar the best of the 3 maestro's.