Oscar

themightyblue

Not really though. Rival fans have actually been giving Oscar praise. Sure they probably had a laugh but they have enough common sense to realise that miss means nothing and he is a very good player.

My bad. Deluded rival fans*

You said, and I quote " weak mentality, him" what else could you be basing that assessment on other than the miss?

The whole match!

Not just one singular moment.

The whole match, Oscar, Neymar and most of the team where a ghost.

His whole team are just chokers!

Just realized Oscar won't join the squad until after playing for Brazil in a friendly on Wednesday. Surely they could have allowed him a little rest after playing six games within a couple of weeks at the Olympics. :rant:

The whole match!

Not just one singular moment.

The whole match, Oscar, Neymar and most of the team where a ghost.

His whole team are just chokers!

He actually tried to make something happen. Late in the first half, when Hulk came on, Oscar got into the game more. That was Brazil's best period of the game and Oscar was heavily invoked. Sometimes teams have bad days, this was a bad day all round for Brazil.

He actually tried to make something happen. Late in the first half, when Hulk came on, Oscar got into the game more. That was Brazil's best period of the game and Oscar was heavily invoked. Sometimes teams have bad days, this was a bad day all round for Brazil.

I will take that excuse, but I do have to point out that Brazil where shit when they played against Honduras.

Honduras!!!!!!!!!!

And that if it wasn't for a bad ref, it would have been a different game.

So you can say that, or you can also say that the team overall are nothing but chokers, weak mentality, and not in sync as a team like a Mexico....

I will take that excuse, but I do have to point out that Brazil where shit when they played against Honduras.

Honduras!!!!!!!!!!

And that if it wasn't for a bad ref, it would have been a different game.

So you can say that, or you can also say that the team overall are nothing but chokers, weak mentality, and not in sync as a team like a Mexico....

Can't decide if you keep repeating yourself because you're bored or actually that hysterical about Brazil's mental strength.

Also, you mention Honduras as if they're a pub team. Let's not forget they beat Spain.

I think it would be a mistake to play him in the double pivot.

First of all, the fact he drops deep with Brazil, when they have the ball passession, doesn't mean he could play in the double pivot. Just as the fact he sometimes drops deep to help the defense, neither does mean he has what it takes to play in a midfield-two. To my eyes, to say he will be good in the double pivot role, because of the facts mentionned above, amounts to say that David Luiz should be playing as a Defensive Midfielder ! This is a misconception. To be good in some area of the pitch, while playing there momentarily during a game, and, to play continuously in this same position while being good... Are two different things ! Indeed, when you leave your position during a game to play at another place, you do not have the same restraints. For instance, when you are a defender and make runs forward, he will look good because you will go unmarked, you will have space, etc...

Furthermore, to play Oscar that deep, would be to cast pearls before swine. The double-pivot role, whether you're the "defensive" player or the "offensive", is a role which is very restrictive for players (on a tactical level, i.e. they can't leave their position). And this role implies a significant amount of defensive duties. To my mind, it would be just wrong to restrain him with these defensive duties and to limit his playing area. When you have a player with a genuine and natural flair to build the game, why play him in an area and a position which will mute his main assets ?

And finally, I can't see him succeed in this position. In my opinion this is way to deep for him. I cannot see how you can convert an offensive midfielder, coming from the brazilian league, to a midfielder playing before the defenders in the Premier League. I neither don't think he has the physical, tactical and technical attributes to succeed in a role implying defensive tasks (the defensive tasks given to a man of the midfield two, of course).

I really don't see where this idea to play him this way comes. To my honest opinion, the position which would suit him the most - considering the other players we have and his own traits - would be in the middle of the park, sitting in front of two defensive-minded midfielders, and with the licence to roam all over the pitch.

I like your reasoning.

Can't decide if you keep repeating yourself because you're bored or actually that hysterical about Brazil's mental strength.

Also, you mention Honduras as if they're a pub team. Let's not forget they beat Spain.

Yes Honduras are a pub team.

Lesser of a team then Mexico.

Just because Brighton beat Chelsea doesnt mean they are better. They are still a shit team

If you say so.

Just need to ask the people from this side of the continent.

The big dogs are Mexico and USA....and that is not saying much!

Honduras is in the lvl of Costa Rica.

Nowhere good enough team to be in the lvl of Brazil.

So a team like Honduras giving Brazil a run for their money, raised some eyes...at least for me!

And then against Mexico it just proved what I had thought about the team overall!

He is right about Brazil's mental strength. Too many young players that dont deserve to wear the yellow kit.