Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Oscar

BlueLion.
Followers 2

Kick me, but to me, Oscar has not shown why he should be regular starter. He's had great moments and he definitely has the potential to become world class, but his performances - especialy in the league - were not more than average. He mainly benefited from Moses drop of form after the African Cup, Hazard's 3 match ban and Marin being a complete flop (and having injury problems as well). To be fair, it's his first season in England (mostly not playing in his favored position) and it was hard to shine alongside your two magicians in the attacking three.

Hatestorm approaching... :ph34r:

Don't worry I actually agree. I said a while back he needs to step up his game next season because despite a good debut season I still think his playing time can be limited if we buy another midfielder.

Because he's playing in a position that limits what he does best. Oscar needs to play centrally.

The thing is our formation doesn't suit Oscar at all. He won't play ahead of Mata unless we rotate, and is not quite accomplished in the two holding roles. Unless we convert him to a winger or develop his play as a holding midfielder then I don't really see Oscar suiting Chelsea. I'd rather stick Luiz in holding midfield over Oscar. If we change to a 433 then that's a different matter.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our Brazilians

In 2012 I predicted he would become a better player than Eden Hazard. With the help of my friends and family I have since been able to overcome my crack addiction

Hazard is Hazard, Oscar is Oscar and Mata is Mata.

Posted Images

This is why you are the master and a man one has to respect! Great article and I have said from day one that I see him playing in the pivot.. With a strong DM(witsel/de rossi/...) he can control the game in our own have and still give us a lot when attacking and mata can be our playmaker up front.. I cant get any better if he can get used to the deep lying playmaker and I also think he HAS to play that position because our best player is mata and he is our CAM and oscar is too good to be a sub!

Huh?

The thing is our formation doesn't suit Oscar at all. He won't play ahead of Mata unless we rotate, and is not quite accomplished in the two holding roles. Unless we convert him to a winger or develop his play as a holding midfielder then I don't really see Oscar suiting Chelsea. I'd rather stick Luiz in holding midfield over Oscar. If we change to a 433 then that's a different matter.

Nah, he doesn't have to be a holding midfielder. He can be the player next to the holding midfielder - the deep lying playmaker, the link between attack and defence. It's where his future lies in my opinion, especially if we're sticking to this formation. His attributes suit that role very well in my opinion.

• Like 1

Nah, he doesn't have to be a holding midfielder. He can be the player next to the holding midfielder - the deep lying playmaker, the link between attack and defence. It's where his future lies in my opinion, especially if we're sticking to this formation. His attributes suit that role very well in my opinion.

Well if we do buy Schurrle I can certainly see that happening, if that's where his future does lie then he needs to start there every game from now on, because we aint seen enough of him there to make judge him properly. I don't want to see him on the wing anymore

• Like 2

Just showing my respect for your good posts mate and your name is bluesmaster so you are the master

Aah that. Thanks.

Was thinking you thought I was the one who wrote that article. :lol: Apologies for the confusion.

He is doing well vs England, one of best players on pitch.

He wears #11, that means that Neymar will from now on (and probably for ever) have #10 shirt.

For me, he was Brazil's best player until they took him off. Why did the fans boo when he left?

Unhappy with Scolari taking him off.

Oscar had a problem with his left ankle a couple of days ago in training. So, Scolari was probably right to take him off when he did IMO. And after all, it was on a friendly.

For me, he was Brazil's best player until they took him off. Why did the fans boo when he left?

They were booing Scolari for being an idiot and taking Oscar off and not Hulk. Oscar was our only CAM and was having a great game and even though he had a slight ankle injury two days ago while training, he was showing no signs of fatigue nor pain. Big Phill brain farted and tried to have a trio of wingers, with Hulk - Neymar - Lucas! :doh:

I am worried Oscar and Neymar decided to change shirt numbers for good and not just for this particular game. Would love for Oscar to be the real #10 in te WC 2014...

• Like 1

didnt want him off i guess. either that or they dont like lucas which i doubt

This might sound insane but I prefer Oscar centrally to Mata.

Mata plays more like a devastating forward minded player there and doesn't even attempt to defend while Oscar is the superior midfielder. Remember those two games against Arsenal/Juve early on where Oscar harrassed Pirlo/Arteta for 90 minutes and we actually averaged more possession in both games?

In my opinion, our best form this season came when Mata was deployed out wide.....before our annual winter meltdown & managerial sacking of course.

Thats not insane at all. We could still play Mata centrally against weaker teams, or when we play at the Bridge. I've said many times Robbie found our best 11 at that time.

Looked classier than Neymar once more. Best player on the pitch while he was on.

How fucking awful was Hulk, though? Dodged a bullet there. No composure on the ball or impact on the game at all.

Oscar was my stand out performer on the night, it seems every Brazilian game I watch he's their most reliable player, even more so than the so-claimed glorious Neymar, who once again, having watched him live against Russia, disappointed me. Scolari's decision to substitute Oscar bemused me, even in a friendly, as I guess every fan in the whole stadium was shown by their reaction. I would love to see him play more centrally for Chelsea, by far his most efficient position, even if it means playing Mata out wide in the occasional game.

Oscar was my stand out performer on the night, it seems every Brazilian game I watch he's their most reliable player, even more so than the so-claimed glorious Neymar, who once again, having watched him live against Russia, disappointed me. Scolari's decision to substitute Oscar bemused me, even in a friendly, as I guess every fan in the whole stadium was shown by their reaction. I would love to see him play more centrally for Chelsea, by far his most efficient position, even if it means playing Mata out wide in the occasional game.

I think, had we had that extra depth in terms of wide players (Marin and Moses being poor and all) this season, we would have been able to see Oscar out in a central position a lot more. However, we will probably see him in that role more next season with Schurrle on his way here combined with other buys we may make this summer.

"Somethings will have to be worked out. Oscar, for example, has just played his 71st match in the season so we will make some decisions during the week.-Scolari on substituting Oscar

• Like 2