Oscar

themightyblue

Are you kidding me!? Rafel was the main reason why Brazil lost!

Sure Rafael was the worst player and until the miss, Oscar played realy well (whole tournament actualy), but that chance would put brasill in extra time. One player got that chance and that was Oscar. And he missed. I must say we should be very happy that we signed him, but that was a miss that could cost him lot. Brasil media are taking this olympics as pre world cup and Oscar missed sitter to give them hope. But true, Rafael and even Thiago Silva, Neymar were pretty bad today...

i honestly cant believe how there are questions of his mentality because he missed a header. every player has had a bad miss. not many are to the extent of torres for example but it happens. Oscar has been one of their most consistent players in this Olympics... all it shows is that i probably wouldn't play Oscar as our st, and if i am not mistaken we have got Oscar for his ability with his feet and not with his head.

but on a better note i am glad the Olympics football is over and we can get back to the regular stuff, hope Oscar can join up fairly soon though don't know when that will be.

Didier Drogba missed a penalty in the ACON final.

He is mentally weak aswell, he will never be able to do something like i don't know step up for a winning penalty in a Champions League final 5 months later.

What really caused Brazil was Rafael's error. Exactly the reason why one of the CB got so frustrated about him is doing the fancy passes and not making it simple, they almost conceded another goal after that fancy pass error. Rafael's mental toughness was surely tested on this game. That being said, its what separates Oscar from the bunch. Under pressure, still composed and doing the right and simple things, heck he was sometimes doing the RB role after Rafael got substituted and still linking up with the offense. I'm sure he got disappointed missing that header but he will surely shrug it off and continue playing his wonderful football.

I really am excited to see Oscar wearing the blue shirt.

Just saw the missed header.... Wasn't that bad,there were better chances blown. Oscar had a great tournament, and should be proud what he has done for his NT. Im sure he can keep up his performances for Chelsea.

Some of the criticism and pre-judgements i've seen regarding Oscar tonight has been hilarious (not necessarily from on here). He didn't have a great game today but had been consistently good up until the final. The fact is Brazil underestimated Mexico and deserved to lose the match and to blame one individual for the loss would be pointless as the team mentality was not right.

I'm looking forward to seeing him in action for us in a few weeks, I think he's just what we've been missing in midfield. A very astute signing.