The London 2012 Olympics

Hutcho

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to rekindle the GB taekwondo selection debate

i feel bad for the guy who got in and failed to deliver but Aaron Cook is the world champion so it was absurd not to pick him for GB. just because he left the taekwondo team to train elsewhere .

jade jones done fantastic last night tho..bright future for the kid..Olympic Champion at 19.

Just be thankful that you guys have BBC (or anything that isn't NBC) coverage unlike us less fortunate here in the states. Every hour of coverage has at least 20 minutes of commercials; plus less than 10% of the actual sports coverage is live. During the day, they only show events where Americans are favored...so I've missed just about every decent event that you guys are talking about. The commentators are ridiculously jingoistic and biased (shamelessly cheering for USA teams when other countries lose). To top it off, when journalist Guy Adams criticized NBC's utterly disgraceful coverage, NBC had him silenced. No fucking joke.

They even showed a

with chimps doing gymnastics right after describing how Gabby Douglas' individual gymnastics win will open opportunities for black gymnasts.

Adams' controversial tweets which got him suspended from twitter (twitter have since lifted the ban, because they realized its the 21st fucking century where censorship doesn't happen)

And his article about how wonderful NBC has been

boxing on now..i`ve only seen a few different countries competing in the boxing this time around.. GB ,Ukraine,China and Rep of Ireland (under the somewhat misleading title of Ireland) oh yes and Cuba and Brazil. not noticed any other countries in it atall just every fight i`ve seen which isn`t every one of them it`s one of those.

Fred Evans through to the gold medal fight after beating the World number 1 welterweight from Ukraine. well done Freddie. :yay:

Just be thankful that you guys have BBC (or anything that isn't NBC) coverage unlike us less fortunate here in the states. Every hour of coverage has at least 20 minutes of commercials; plus less than 10% of the actual sports coverage is live. During the day, they only show events where Americans are favored...so I've missed just about every decent event that you guys are talking about. The commentators are ridiculously jingoistic and biased (shamelessly cheering for USA teams when other countries lose). To top it off, when journalist Guy Adams criticized NBC's utterly disgraceful coverage, NBC had him silenced. No fucking joke.

They even showed a

with chimps doing gymnastics right after describing how Gabby Douglas' individual gymnastics win will open opportunities for black gymnasts.

Adams' controversial tweets which got him suspended from twitter (twitter have since lifted the ban, because they realized its the 21st fucking century where censorship doesn't happen)

And his article about how wonderful NBC has been

i`m on a forum for an american football team and the yanks on there have made so many embarressing comments regarding the olympics to the point where after 6 years on there i don`t feel like ever logging in again and that was just after the first few days. we do have some good american fans on here tho..from Canada to Peru.

There were lots of countries in the boxing, they were just crap. I watch a lot of the boxing but i don't like the scoring system. Just scoring good shots puts a mockery on the technical side. I've seen so many fights go the wrong way although they were scored right, if u know what i mean. I know the Aussies had 10 boxers.... all got beaten up. Cuba have the most i bet, this is what their career is all about as they are not allowed to do sport for financial gain like as a job. They can only go amateur.

i`m on a forum for an american football team and the yanks on there have made so many embarressing comments regarding the olympics to the point where after 6 years on there i don`t feel like ever logging in again and that was just after the first few days. we do have some good american fans on here tho..from Canada to Peru.

I go to a baseball forum ....they dont recognise ANY other sport

yeah i know about boxing.it`s one of the 3 olympic sports i`ve played at one point in my life.tho not at olympic level lol, and Cubans don`t turn pro as it`s seen as capitalistic...great country tho. went there as one of my mates got married in Cuba. is just i haven`t managed to see much of it this time around.i`ve been staying at my mothers looking after her and had my nieces and sister around. not a pro-boxing crowd.. :cry:

I go to a baseball forum ....they dont recognise ANY other sport

I've been to about 10 baseball games in my life and I live only about 40m drive away from on of the best teams in the MLB. It's seriously the worst spectators sport in the world. The crowd is about 80% old men eating hot dogs and drinking lemonade and the rest are Southern California douchebags getting fuckin wasted and trying to fight anything that moves. Baseball sucks.

The Russians lost around 20 million people during WWII and obviously never have been the same since. They have a country where women outnumber men by about 10:1. They lost 11 million soldiers in the war alone with at least 6 million civilians. Coulda been more. Although saying that, in Beijing they did pretty well and Sydney but the numbers we're still very low considering the stature of the country.

World War II and Stalin's Purges were over decades ago. Yes they lost a quarter of their population (40 million!) to the Nazi soldier or to the Gulags, but that was so long ago. It's like saying Aboriginal Australian's should be rubbish at everything because 95% of them were exterminated by 1900. They've repopulated, and WWII deaths/Australian style genocide sure didn't stop them at the last 3 Olympiad's.

Currently, we're better than you in all forms of cricket

Not in u-19's cricket! :P

True but still, hard to get back tho from losing masses of people, especially males. They did well in Sydney tho.

We just got another Gold in the Kayak, Ed McKeever. Lovely stuff! 26! He was so nerve-less, love seeing people compete like they should. Real calm guy.

Real shocking start by Brazil in this final. Think that goal was around 28 seconds from Mexico, they just simply fail in the Olympics for some reason. Only 10 minutes gone but they look all over the place. Come on Brazil fuck sake!