The London 2012 Olympics

Hutcho

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been another great day, really exciting from start to finish. Just a shame about some of these boxing outcomes tho, the Thai bloke got screwed horribly but glad that Italian just lost for his horrible last performance. 1 boxing gold down for us, 2 to go.

Daley was excellent but the field was so strong, at least he got a medal. Any other day he may have won with that score but all credit to him, he showed a lot of bottle.

I've loved this Olympics, lets hope we can get 30 golds all said and done.

Thought he'd lost, really surprised he got it to be honest. Great win!

There has been an appeal and they are recounting it apparently... I think the result was pretty fair tbh, i thought going into the last round Joshua should have been down by about 1 not 3 however he was much better in the final round... We will see...

Anthony Joshua was the last of my 8 way accumaltor i needed to come in to win 50 quid... Not loads of money but for a 0.80p stake not too bad... But they have already paid out luckily, just incase they change the result...

I didn't see the whole fight but i assumed being down by 3 points he would lose. By listening to Lewis and Khan, it sounds as tho he shouldn't have been 3 points down anyway after round 2 and he thoroughly deserved to win the fight.

Ok so the Olympics is over. 4 years ago we were 1 gold away from 20, this year we have finished 1 gold away from 30 so we have improved dramatically in a number of events. Now we need to prove we can go overseas and do great stuff outside of our home country.

Closing ceremony starts in just over 5 mins. Apparently it's about pop music so it doesn't even sound appealing to me but surely must be worth a watch i suppose.