The London 2012 Olympics

Hutcho

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been watching the decathlon pole vault for hours without commentary, actually quite enjoyable. Bit boring now tho, not much going on. I've actually liked watching the womens rhythmic gymnastics. It's interesting what they do, especially in the team event. Watching that now, 5 women playing with balls. Reminds me of something i watched last night.

One of the women dropped it, funny lol

Oh and another gold. Charlotte Dujardin in dressage. Still a chance of many other medals in the remaining 3 days too. I predicted 25 gold before the Olympics, i might be pretty close.

we have the Idiot Boris as Mayor of London .....but you might get the Mutt ..Mitt as President

Come on be real about that...Like many of your countrymen have already stated, Palin is better than Romney. He made himself look like an absolute ass when he traveled abroad. That trip really hurt his chances now. Getting back to the point of the thread or your last statement about the Olympics being boring. You are just butt hurt that we are taking your medals. Thanks for protecting them for us. Carry on!!

Come on be real about that...Like many of your countrymen have already stated, Palin is better than Romney. He made himself look like an absolute ass when he traveled abroad. That trip really hurt his chances now.

oh so you get Sarah ....how wonderful for y'all

oh so you get Sarah ....how wonderful for y'all

Huh??? what are you spouting about now?? Palin isn't even involved in the election :rolleyes: If you want to talk about politics, go to that thread. This is a thread about the Olympics. Of course you don't want to talk about that <_<

Huh??? what are you spouting about now?? Palin isn't even involved in the election :rolleyes: If you want to talk about politics, go to that thread. This is a thread about the Olympics. Of course you don't want to talk about that <_<

YOU started the conversation with some nationalistic boast ,,,so butt out buddy boy

YOU started the conversation with some nationalistic boast ,,,so butt out buddy boy

bro, I didn't start the conversation about politics. I just stated that you feel that the Olympics are boring, cause we are taking your medals. You were so quick to point out our choices for President. So, no you failed to start some shit...So carry on & watch the last couple of days & I hope you are more butt hurt when you see our Heros take more of your medals.

After a bit of thought about gold medals, it got me wondering, “So China and the USA have more golds, but they also have more people, I guess that makes us a more talented nation”. So, I took pencil to paper, and judging my mathematics are correct, I have a couple of statistics:

As it stands tonight, gold medals are as follows: China are 1st with 31, USA are 2nd with 29 and GBR are 3rd with 18.

The population of China is roughly 1,339,000,000. The population of the USA is roughly 314,000,000. And the population of the UK is around 60,000,000.

Meaning, that for every person born in China, 1 in around 43 million of them will win a gold medal. In the USA, 1 in around 11 million will win a gold medal. And in the UK, 1 in around 3 million will win a gold medal.

Even better still, going by the figures so far, this makes Great Britain roughly 3.6 times more talented than the USA, and a whopping 14.3 times more talented than China.

Now that makes me very proud to be British!

Read this the other day.