The London 2012 Olympics

Hutcho

What's going to happen with the Olympic Stadium?

No way can any London club, except maybe Arsenal, sell out an 80k stadium regularly.

spuds are tired of playing @ 3 point lane & wet spam wants to blow bubbles elsewhere. Those two sides are fighting each other to get Olympic Stadium to be their new home.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's going to happen with the Olympic Stadium?

No way can any London club, except maybe Arsenal, sell out an 80k stadium regularly.

1. West ham takes over - increase with partial repair to 60k seater

2. spurs (or another club i cant recall atm) takes over - remove athletic track and make it a football stadium but invest money on crystal palace athletics centre

3. f1 track in and around the stadium. i know its weird

1. West ham takes over - increase with partial repair to 60k seater

2. spurs (or another club i cant recall atm) takes over - remove athletic track and make it a football stadium but invest money on crystal palace athletics centre

3. f1 track in and around the stadium. i know its weird

Leyton orient want to ground share with west ham.

• 3 weeks later...

Oscar Pistorius is such a sore loser. Instead of just looking at someones blades and assuming he has an unfair advantage, he needs to actually look at the stats before moaning. So... Pistorius claims the Brazilian guy has longer blades therefore has an unfair advantage by being able to take longer strikes.

It turns out that Pistorius took 92 steps during the race (2.2m per stride), and Oliveira took 98 steps to win gold (2.0m per stride). In the first 100m, Pistrorius took 49 steps (2.0m per stride), with 43 steps in the straight (2.3m per stride). Oliveira, on the other hand, took SHORTER strides - 52 in the first 100m (1.92m each) and 46 in the second 100m (2.2m each).

Speed, not stride beat Pistorius.

Oscar Pistorius is such a sore loser. Instead of just looking at someones blades and assuming he has an unfair advantage, he needs to actually look at the stats before moaning. So... Pistorius claims the Brazilian guy has longer blades therefore has an unfair advantage by being able to take longer strikes.

It turns out that Pistorius took 92 steps during the race (2.2m per stride), and Oliveira took 98 steps to win gold (2.0m per stride). In the first 100m, Pistrorius took 49 steps (2.0m per stride), with 43 steps in the straight (2.3m per stride). Oliveira, on the other hand, took SHORTER strides - 52 in the first 100m (1.92m each) and 46 in the second 100m (2.2m each).

Speed, not stride beat Pistorius.

The Paralympics in general are very poorly organised. They should come before the Olympics, as an appetiser; rather than after the Olympics as an afterthought. Public interest in Olympic sports lulls a few weeks after the event; putting the Paralymics first would increase awareness of disabled sport and probably improve public awareness of the Olympics as well.

Looking ahead to Rio de Janeiro, the 2016 Olympics should be brilliant.

Early prediction, but I tip the Colombians to dominate the fuck out of every cycling event (yes, even that track rubbish). They are producing unreal numbers of talents, its the 1980s all over again.

Very much agree, i've not watched any Paralympic thing because there's no appeal for me as the main event is over, done. I may have watched more to get me in the mood but tbh the main Olympics was awesome anyway. Still think we'll dominate the track rubbish though :D