The London 2012 Olympics

Hutcho

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the British obsession with Australia, it crops up in every sport. The last time when we genuinely cared about losing to you was the 80s. We've had enough success in the last 30 years now that you're nothing more than historical rivals- akin to what City used to be a few years ago to United. We don't really even have teams to beat now (though we're developing strong rivalries with India in particular), we're so far ahead of all 3 of our traditional rivals. Finish in the top 10 and it'll be a success, no one here really cares where GB ends up. It's nice to beat you and a bit of a surprise when we don't, but no longer does losing to Britain in sport induce nationwide soul destruction, nor does victory cause public holidays or knighthoods. We've found bigger fish to fry, why can't you move on? It's not the 30s anymore, we're too good to be your yardstick. Stick with someone closer to your sporting level, like France. Perhaps Argentina.

Ooooooh burned.

It's because we rape them in just about everything time and time again. Only very recently are they gaining the ascendancy (thus the uber gloating). It won't last long obviously.

Its mostly the English actually, I being Scottish couldn't give a fuck about how many gold medals Britian or Australia gets. I'm sure every other Scotsman thinks the same. I mean yeah the Olympics is good but every time a Scot wins a gold medal the English call them British and when they don't they're Scottish, they should all be entered as independent nations and see how many medals they get then.

You would have thought beating France would have represented something much more worthy of shouting about. Being about 30 km away (lol that's not even the distance between C-town and Liverpool; putting into perspective just how close they are), apparently, do less to foster rivalry than being 17,000 km away.

Its mostly the English actually, I being Scottish couldn't give a fuck about how many gold medals Britian or Australia gets. I'm sure every other Scotsman thinks the same. I mean yeah the Olympics is good but every time a Scot wins a gold medal the English call them British and when they don't they're Scottish, they should all be entered as independent nations and see how many medals they get then.

Like in the Commonwealth Games?

1 22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.pngAustralia 74 55 48 177

2 22px-Flag_of_India.svg.pngIndia 38 27 36 101

Lol. That's so stupidly dominant. I think Australia- and England- shouldn't accept invitations to the Commonwealth Games anymore, they're rubbish. 177 medals in total, and England won 142 in total, that's absurdly high, its not fair on other countries that are still developing their athletics- like India- to be shat on by established countries in track and field/other Olympic events such as Australia and England. Yes, England compete as England.

Australia and England between them won 39% of all available medals at the 2010 Commonwealth Games; which is absolutely ridiculous. For the good of world athletics these two nations must stand aside and allow the sports to grow; a country like India can potentially unseat the US from its perennial top 2 place in the Olympics after a few decades of investment/domination at CG level.

Like in the Commonwealth Games?

1 22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.pngAustralia 74 55 48 177

2 22px-Flag_of_India.svg.pngIndia 38 27 36 101

Lol.

You get what I mean though.

All British media claim Andy Murray as one of their own despite ridiculing him for loosing and then stating hes Scottish. When he finally wins something everycunt in Britain will tickle his bumhole for the rest of eternity. If their going to support him, they should support him when he loses as well as wins rather than being glory hunters basically. Its also the same with Sir Chris Hoy if he never won any Olympic medals everyone would be like oh hes Scottish. Shows how much a gold medal means to the English media as some of their athletes don't win anything ;)

Why do you think we're obsessed with you. After like 10 days of Olympics, we were on 18 golds, you were on 1. I only speak about the rivalry when something's actually happening.

Olympics, we'll speak. Ashes, we'll speak. Rugby WC, we'll speak. There's certainly no obsession with you guys. You hope there is but really, there aint. The reality is that there isd the friendly rivalry and it will go on forever. I'm British and English so i obviously route for both as i am both even tho i prefer to be independent too. There really aint much that Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are good at tho so nice to see them actually get some assistance and vice versa :)

Why do you think we're obsessed with you. After like 10 days of Olympics, we were on 18 golds, you were on 1. I only speak about the rivalry when something's actually happening.

Olympics, we'll speak. Ashes, we'll speak. Rugby WC, we'll speak. There's certainly no obsession with you guys. You hope there is but really, there aint. The reality is that there isd the friendly rivalry and it will go on forever. I'm British and English so i obviously route for both as i am both even tho i prefer to be independent too. There really aint much that Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are good at tho so nice to see them actually get some assistance and vice versa :)

Someone brought up a page before something to do with convicts. I take enormous offence to that term and consider it a slur; as do a lot of my countrymen. This is not the same place you dumped your drunks and hanky thieves 200 years ago. Convict descendant's make up about 10% of the total population.

How about I call all Englishmen war criminals that committed genocide on a scale the world has never and will never again see?

I'm pretty sure most people in the uk couldn't care less about how many medals Aus has, it's only because they're so many Aussies here on Talkchelsea, it's good to have a little banter.

But fuck me, The Aussies are doing awful in these Olympics.... B)

But obviously some ppl take the banter, some people take it too far and some people just can't take it at all. There's banter between Us and Americans. Us and Aussies and us and the other UK nations. We have rivalry with Germany in stuff too, we have many rivalries in different things. Life or sport is fuck all without rivalry. I, for one, love the banter. It's the same with Football, calling scousers bin raiding tire thieves (even tho they are), it's you vs the rest. Bit like my own personal hatred towards Arsenal, i wouldn't want it any other way.

Cap,

you are like a dripping tap..wet and fookin annoying.

i suppose the fact you claim any chinese athlete who has done well is a doper is the English peoples fault,or when you said Indians are arrogant but it`s not racist because you claim to be half indian too.is the English peoples fault,you saying you hate Afrikaans is the English peoples fault.

maybe you and any other fellow new and young australian members who think that English or british hate Australians should actually ask someone whose Australian and been here. like Steve.

the mere fact that the site is created by an Englishman,about supporting an English club yet we accept members from all countries with open arms shows that it`s not the English here who have a problem with other nations. if English people used some of the terms you use at trying to belittle everything we do or any other nation,the fact is we would probably get a word in our shell from our own countrymen.

i`ve been to Australia i know the way the sporting media are obsessed with everything English/British and you are obviously brainwashed into believing the propaganda.

we are laughing at Australia because of this.

i`d be fine with not mentioning anything that could be twisted to sound like Anti-Aussies. aslong as anything anti-English/british or any other nation is cut out by you.

they have struggled to get over the hurdles in all of the 110m hurdles heats so far..they seem to get around the 400m hurdles easier..i guess they are focusing too much on sprinting and not so much on clearing the hurdles.

Yeah, the guy who is hot favourite... Name is arles meritt or something, was 3 hundreds of a second of the olympic reord and smashed into the second hurdle...

In other olympics related news, i put on a 8 way accumator at the start of the games, only put 80p on which i had left over, 5 have won... Just need Bolt to win 200 metres, Katie taylor to win womes 60kg boxing and Anthony joshua to win the super heavy weight boxing to win 50 quid... :) Bolt and Katie Taylor are hot favourites at 1/7 and 1/14 respectively but anthony joshua is evens now, so it could well come down to him... :cry: