The London 2012 Olympics

Hutcho

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was expecting that these top players like Oscar and Neymar would disappear in a big pressure game.

This is why give me players like Ramires, and Drogba any day of the week despite being less technical then these lot.

Because when you need them the most, it is when they are there.

So well done Mexico, happy for them! blue%20scalf.gif

@justin So your logic is technical players = mentally fragile?

@ choulo19 Their defence in general has been abysmal. Rafael's give away for Mexico's opener, the hilarious attempts at clearing the ball in the build up to the second, etc. Even with Silva they've struggled, which is a surprise.

Was expecting that these top players like Oscar and Neymar would disappear in a big pressure game.

This is why give me players like Ramires, and Drogba any day of the week despite being less technical then these lot.

Oscar and Neymar have the best of a bad bunch.. Trust someone on this forum to start berating players as soon as they have one bad game. Oscar has tried hard today but his team mates have been useless. Neymar had a poor first half but second half has played ok, they are young players still with a lot to learn.

Spot on. Mental strength is an important asset for footballers that seems to be overlooked by many.

@justin So your logic is technical players = mentally fragile?

@ choulo19 Their defence in general has been abysmal. Rafael's give away for Mexico's opener, the hilarious attempts at clearing the ball in the build up to the second, etc. Even with Silva they've struggled, which is a surprise.

Oscar and Neymar have the best of a bad bunch.. Trust someone on this forum to start berating players as soon as they have one bad game. Oscar has tried hard today but his team mates have been useless. Neymar had a poor first half but second half has played ok, they are young players still with a lot to learn.

Not a logic!

People want these top players because they are good technical.

Just like Messi, is a top player.

But when the tough gets going, you need a little something else in these high pressure games.

Drogba shows that, Ramires has shown that.

These lot have not!

As soon as Brazil play a team who are technically good, they struggle. These Mexican youngsters are class and it coulda been more than 2 easily. There's only one winner when its a technical team vs technical individuals. they were lucky against Honduras because Honduras are weak in certain areas. They aint gonna get lucky here. Once again, the mighty Brazil fail in the Olympics.

And lol at Rafael, was he getting booed or was Lucas getting booed? Couldn't tell. He got a good seeing to by Juan tho.

EDIT: 2-1 - HULK but it's Faaaaar toooo laaaaate.

I just turned the match on 10 mins ago, but I don't find it surprising at all that their defense has been shit, it's been this way all tournament.

Not a logic!

People want these top players because they are good technical.

Just like Messi, is a top player.

But when the tough gets going, you need a little something else in these high pressure games.

Drogba shows that, Ramires has shown that.

These lot have not!

Give Oscar a bloody chance jeeus christ..... He scored a hat trick in the U20 World Cup final. The first to do so if my memory serves me right. If that isn't mental strength then I don't know what is. Sometimes it just isn't your day and I have seen Ramires have a lots of shit games in important matches.

As soon as Brazil play a team who are technically good, they struggle. These Mexican youngsters are class and it coulda been more than 2 easily. There's only one winner when its a technical team vs technical individuals. they were lucky against Honduras because Honduras are weak in certain areas. They aint gonna get lucky here. Once again, the mighty Brazil fail in the Olympics.

And lol at Rafael, was he getting booed or was Lucas getting booed? Couldn't tell. He got a good seeing to by Juan tho.

EDIT: 2-1 - HULK but it's Faaaaar toooo laaaaate.

I told you Brazil sucked ass against Honduras, and they where not good enough today.

They been a bit over hyped and Mexico put them back in their place.