The London 2012 Olympics

Hutcho

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they mention the vast anthropological differences between East and West Africans/West African diaspora?

No East African has ever run 100 metres in less than 10 seconds.

Yeah they said it originates from the west of africa and goes back to the slave trade where there was the survival of the fittest etc...

And you lot say we're obsessed... :lol:

Nothing I said points to an obsession. If we beat you, we beat you (We've done it countless times before) but It's become 10 times better to beat you Brits now, after seeing how cocky you have become after a little, tiny bit of success lol

and Youve just won a cycling gold ........ Athens games 2004

I don't understand?

Yeah they said it originates from the west of africa and goes back to the slave trade where there was the survival of the fittest etc...

slave trade operated in East Africa as well . Difference between East and West African is down to Physiology and climate

Nothing I said points to an obsession. If we beat you, we beat you Wr've done countless times before) but It's become 10 times better to beat you Brits now, after seeing how cocky you have become after a little success lol

I wouldn't say it's cockiness, more like banter.

Nothing I said points to an obsession. If we beat you, we beat you (Wr've done countless times before) but It's become 10 times better to beat you Brits now, after seeing how cocky you have become after a little success lol

No it hasn't; if anything, it's 10 times lower now than it was in 1987; where we beat them in the World Cup final.

The rivalry is so limited now, its just taking the piss out of each other. Compare that to the 30s where it was a matter of national pride that Australia had to get England back for the Bodyline series. Or for England to impose themselves over their dominion.

Nothing I said points to an obsession. If we beat you, we beat you (We've done it countless times before) but It's become 10 times better to beat you Brits now, after seeing how cocky you have become after a little, tiny bit of success lol

I don't understand?

american stripped of gold for doping ... Aussie upgraded from silver

sorry got it ALL wrong ....Russian got gold Aussie got Bronze ...tough

I was comparing it to 5-10 years ago though. When beating England (in just about anything) became a certainty.

But that was the last time the two nations were on a perfectly equal balance. Since then for the majority of that 25 years, we've had the upper hand. With these Olympics and recent Ashes victories they have the edge.

Basically what I'm trying to get across is that a rivalry is a lot more heated when the two parties are in perfect balance with each other; and are competing for the same prize. It isn't quite the same when one is ahead of the other. You could argue that at least in a sporting sense, Barcelona-Real Madrid has gotten much more intense in the last few years with only a few points separating them, assisted by dickheads like Pepe and Alves and Busquets. Obviously off the field, the rivalry is considerably lower now than it was back in the 50s and 60s; now that Real aren't the poster boys for fascism and Barcelona aren't for Catalan separatism.

I've got to say, its shocking to see the Russians so far down. They normally give China/USA a good go for the top two placings.

I`m pretty sure it`s because it`s no longer the soviet union(they were always up the top with USA on medals won) where they used athletes from all those conutries which broke away.

dont forget many of their medals were won by those now not considered Russian

I`m pretty sure it`s because it`s no longer the soviet union(they were always up the top with USA on medals won) where they used athletes from all those conutries which broke away.

They were third in Beijing, and Athens competing as Russia. They were second at the Sydney games, so to see them so far off the pace from the two front runners is a bit of a shock.

The Russians lost around 20 million people during WWII and obviously never have been the same since. They have a country where women outnumber men by about 10:1. They lost 11 million soldiers in the war alone with at least 6 million civilians. Coulda been more. Although saying that, in Beijing they did pretty well and Sydney but the numbers we're still very low considering the stature of the country.

This Eng/UK - Aus thing is getting boring now because it's being taken to silly levels of seriousness. Just looked at the Sydney 2000 medal table. That musta been the shittest olympics ever.... Even the Aussies, in their home country with what... 650 athletes? Did sod all. 16 golds... wow. I don't really know why Aussies are so cocky, i mean how many people really give a shit about cricket anyway? Yeah i do but it's not really that popular here by us English as a whole and except for maybe Rugby, what have you been better at? We've been better than you at them too in different periods. And Cap, you always say u support Sri Lanka in cricket so you're basically only an Aussie when it suits to show cockyness and arrogance over us. Kon.... you were suspended for 2 weeks for spouting shit about poms in like every type of thread and it's you who think we're the ones obsessed? ok. you say nothing you have said points to an obsession, i'd love to see where we've been obsessed considering all we have done is enjoy beating you like you have clearly stated how much you have loved beating us countless times.

The fact is, whether you like it or not. We love beating you, you love beating us and it won't change. When the Ashes is on, i really can't see the Cricket thread being quiet from either side. Banter is nice, but i don't give a shit about a WC Final from 1987 when i was 1 year old for example. The only annoying thing i suppose is that we've never won the WC but cricket is a very old sport and like other sports, it will just continue. Currently, we're better than you in all forms of cricket and we have a chance of winning the WC soon. If not, well... we're used to it, we'll be back. I don't even think any of us have mentioned the 2003 Rugby WC Final where we beat you in your own back yard.

You people just need to relax.

The Russians lost around 20 million people during WWII and obviously never have been the same since. They have a country where women outnumber men by about 10:1. They lost 11 million soldiers in the war alone with at least 6 million civilians. Coulda been more. Although saying that, in Beijing they did pretty well and Sydney but the numbers we're still very low considering the stature of the country.

This Eng/UK - Aus thing is getting boring now because it's being taken to silly levels of seriousness. Just looked at the Sydney 2000 medal table. That musta been the shittest olympics ever.... Even the Aussies, in their home country with what... 650 athletes? Did sod all. 16 golds... wow. I don't really know why Aussies are so cocky, i mean how many people really give a shit about cricket anyway? Yeah i do but it's not really that popular here by us English as a whole and except for maybe Rugby, what have you been better at? We've been better than you at them too in different periods. And Cap, you always say u support Sri Lanka in cricket so you're basically only an Aussie when it suits to show cockyness and arrogance over us. Kon.... you were suspended for 2 weeks for spouting shit about poms in like every type of thread and it's you who think we're the ones obsessed? ok. you say nothing you have said points to an obsession, i'd love to see where we've been obsessed considering all we have done is enjoy beating you like you have clearly stated how much you have loved beating us countless times.

The fact is, whether you like it or not. We love beating you, you love beating us and it won't change. When the Ashes is on, i really can't see the Cricket thread being quiet from either side. Banter is nice, but i don't give a shit about a WC Final from 1987 when i was 1 year old for example. The only annoying thing i suppose is that we've never won the WC but cricket is a very old sport and like other sports, it will just continue. Currently, we're better than you in all forms of cricket and we have a chance of winning the WC soon. If not, well... we're used to it, we'll be back. I don't even think any of us have mentioned the 2003 Rugby WC Final where we beat you in your own back yard.

You people just need to relax.

So all in all...Australia >>>> England. You better stop lol You're fighting a losing battle. It's like trying to Argue the Sky is red. You're just simply wrong lol. Anyways back to the Olympics.