PSG Vs Chelsea

James

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think this would be a good match for Benayoun.

This is pre-season after all, so it is in part about experimenting, right?

So why not chuck Hazard on the right wing, De Bruyne on the left (may as well try him there again. Marin could play the 2nd half), with Benayoun behind Lukaku?

No one can deny that Benayoun was great when used properly at Arsenal!

Its a waste of time imo, he won't have a role to play at all next season, as we have so many midfielders and more possibly coming in. I cant see him staying tbh unless he wants to sit in the stands all season. And instead of experimenting i ould like to see the 16 players that will have big roles for us this season given the chance to gel together and and become better as a team than playing players who won't feature as an experiment.

Its a waste of time imo, he won't have a role to play at all next season, as we have so many midfielders and more possibly coming in. I cant see him staying tbh unless he wants to sit in the stands all season. And instead of experimenting i ould like to see the 16 players that will have big roles for us this season given the chance to gel together and and become better as a team than playing players who won't feature as an experiment.

not really. most of the mids we have play in a deeper position - Romeu, Meireles, Essien, Mikel

If the board doesn't retain KDB, then Benayoun will be the second-choice CAM and to be fair, he was our best player LAST pre-season and it was stupid to loan him let alone to Arsenal. imo. He is still good enough to contribute but yeah, given the overall strength of the squad now, benayoun maybe surplus to requirements

not really. most of the mids we have play in a deeper position - Romeu, Meireles, Essien, Mikel

If the board doesn't retain KDB, then Benayoun will be the second-choice CAM and to be fair, he was our best player LAST pre-season and it was stupid to loan him let alone to Arsenal. imo. He is still good enough to contribute but yeah, given the overall strength of the squad now, benayoun maybe surplus to requirements

We will have Hazard, Mata, Marin, Ramires, Lampard, who can play there... Mata or hazard will have a permanent (injury and occasional rotation for lesser games the exception) positon there, so if you assume that the 3 behind torres is something like Ramires, Mata and Hazard, then if mata can't play for whatever reason we have 2 players extra who can come in. On top of that its not like raul merieles can't play there. So imo he is 3rd choice for just one position, and if you put oscar which apparantly is close then he would be 4th choice. Really don't think we need him at all.

Also i know Marin is a winger and won't play there though he could come in and be shifted wide so Hazard or whoever will play there. So in terms of pecking order he is actually 6th joice Attacking midfielder, with the possiblilty of becoming 7th choice.

can't wait for hazard :D

Hazard u are better than messi....read http://www.footballh...ht.net/?p=35530

Nah. Hazard might be too "complete" to become like messi. Face it: The only two thing sMessi is probably the best in the world is dribbling past defenders with close ball control and finishing from close range. Well that obviously suffices to make him "best player eva". But i want to extinguish some common myths about im:

1. "Messi is extremely fast": He has a very good acceleration and a decent sprint speed, but nothing more. A traditional (like to call them this way because they are actually that old-fashioned in their style, they almost only can run) British winger as Walcott, Lennon, Bale are waaaaaaaaaaay faster than Messi. In our squad I would say, Ramires, Bertrand, Studge, Hazard, Torres, Kakuta and maybe even Cahill are faster than Messi. In the CL-semis I saw Messi evading a sliding Challange from Cahill. Even though Messi run straight without changing direction, Cahill stood up, ran overturned messi and challenged him successfully. So cahill is at least faster without ball than messi is with ball.

2. "Messi is a great striker": Messi is actually not an areal threat, so he is no real no 9 in that sense. He also can do nothing with a ball that is played to him when he momentarily holds the striker position

3. "Messi is a great winger": Have you ever seen Messi putting in a decent cross: In my definiton of winger, they have to give some sort of service.

4. "Messi is the best footballer ever": Well I always thought defending would part of football, but in the aftermath of our victory over Barca, so said it would be anti-football so i have to change my mind... not. And Messi sucks at defending. poor positioning, poor retrieving, poor tackling.

5. "Messi is such a lovely, humble guy": Which lovely humble guy would make himself guilty of multiple assaults during only two matches gainst us, such as the push against lamps (which was actually so weak it put lampard rather 10cm towards messi)

6. "Messi is the greatest player ever": Really he is? who can tell? he probably is the best at what he does, but can u really compare a best player of messi's style to the best CB or the best GK?

Not to take anything away from him, but id like to see him do that in the PL.

I am just saying why people say he is the best in the world.. He would probably get tackled a lot more in the premier league.

Nah. Hazard might be too "complete" to become like messi. Face it: The only two thing sMessi is probably the best in the world is dribbling past defenders with close ball control and finishing from close range. Well that obviously suffices to make him "best player eva". But i want to extinguish some common myths about im:

1. "Messi is extremely fast": He has a very good acceleration and a decent sprint speed, but nothing more. A traditional (like to call them this way because they are actually that old-fashioned in their style, they almost only can run) British winger as Walcott, Lennon, Bale are waaaaaaaaaaay faster than Messi. In our squad I would say, Ramires, Bertrand, Studge, Hazard, Torres, Kakuta and maybe even Cahill are faster than Messi. In the CL-semis I saw Messi evading a sliding Challange from Cahill. Even though Messi run straight without changing direction, Cahill stood up, ran overturned messi and challenged him successfully. So cahill is at least faster without ball than messi is with ball.

2. "Messi is a great striker": Messi is actually not an areal threat, so he is no real no 9 in that sense. He also can do nothing with a ball that is played to him when he momentarily holds the striker position

3. "Messi is a great winger": Have you ever seen Messi putting in a decent cross: In my definiton of winger, they have to give some sort of service.

4. "Messi is the best footballer ever": Well I always thought defending would part of football, but in the aftermath of our victory over Barca, so said it would be anti-football so i have to change my mind... not. And Messi sucks at defending. poor positioning, poor retrieving, poor tackling.

5. "Messi is such a lovely, humble guy": Which lovely humble guy would make himself guilty of multiple assaults during only two matches gainst us, such as the push against lamps (which was actually so weak it put lampard rather 10cm towards messi)

6. "Messi is the greatest player ever": Really he is? who can tell? he probably is the best at what he does, but can u really compare a best player of messi's style to the best CB or the best GK?

Exactly my thoughts. He is ideally a Center attacking midfielder. He has a great acceleration that beats the likes of almost any player on the planet, but for pace, i would say only Ramires would beat him to the ball on Chelsea. My sentiments exactly on that overall description. Best player in the world, yeah, as there are rarely any talents that could match him as of now bar Ronaldo. Best player ever. No. Better than Maradona? Yes i would actually say so even with his given HGH enhancements. The greatest player ever must be skillful in every aspect of the game, big game player, has great character and leader ship, performs at top level and international success contribution. And the silverware to match his greatness. But that is for another topic...

Ganna watch this at Buffalo wild wings now that im back in the states, i have been craving wings...

Hazard might be too 'complete' compared to Messi? haha

1. We know Walcott and Lennon are faster than Messi, it's no secret, but Messi's acceleration is unreal.

2. :lol: Messi scored 82 goals this season, if he's not a great striker than what is he?

3. Haha, this must be a joke surely...? Here's a clip on Messi's passing ability, i'm sure you'll find some crosses in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6mXp99kDE8&feature=related

4. Most defender are not that good at Passing, crossing, shooting etc, Messi can play in most attacking postiions, CM (look at that video above and tell me his passes are not xavi, scholes-esque) CAM, on the wings and as a striker, now can you name a player who can play in all these positions currently in football?

5. So Messi pushed Lampard in the heat of the moment... it happens to everyone, his team was on the verge of going out, he missed a penalty and nothing was going for him, he was a little frustrated but he is a humble guy. If he was playing for Chelsea i'm sure you will have a different view.

6. It's the way you look at it, some people think that the greatest players must have flair, brilliant passing ability, be able to score goals etc, defenders generally don't posses these things. But in my opinion they're some great defenders that many consider to be on of the best including my self, Baresi, Beckenbauer, Maldini etc.