PSG Vs Chelsea

James

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah. Hazard might be too "complete" to become like messi. Face it: The only two thing sMessi is probably the best in the world is dribbling past defenders with close ball control and finishing from close range. Well that obviously suffices to make him "best player eva". But i want to extinguish some common myths about im:

1. "Messi is extremely fast": He has a very good acceleration and a decent sprint speed, but nothing more. A traditional (like to call them this way because they are actually that old-fashioned in their style, they almost only can run) British winger as Walcott, Lennon, Bale are waaaaaaaaaaay faster than Messi. In our squad I would say, Ramires, Bertrand, Studge, Hazard, Torres, Kakuta and maybe even Cahill are faster than Messi. In the CL-semis I saw Messi evading a sliding Challange from Cahill. Even though Messi run straight without changing direction, Cahill stood up, ran overturned messi and challenged him successfully. So cahill is at least faster without ball than messi is with ball.

2. "Messi is a great striker": Messi is actually not an areal threat, so he is no real no 9 in that sense. He also can do nothing with a ball that is played to him when he momentarily holds the striker position

3. "Messi is a great winger": Have you ever seen Messi putting in a decent cross: In my definiton of winger, they have to give some sort of service.

4. "Messi is the best footballer ever": Well I always thought defending would part of football, but in the aftermath of our victory over Barca, so said it would be anti-football so i have to change my mind... not. And Messi sucks at defending. poor positioning, poor retrieving, poor tackling.

5. "Messi is such a lovely, humble guy": Which lovely humble guy would make himself guilty of multiple assaults during only two matches gainst us, such as the push against lamps (which was actually so weak it put lampard rather 10cm towards messi)

6. "Messi is the greatest player ever": Really he is? who can tell? he probably is the best at what he does, but can u really compare a best player of messi's style to the best CB or the best GK?

I would take messi over any true striker or Cb in the world. The weaknesses you mentioned seem mute:

Who cares if he's fast, he really can't be stopped from doing his job can he?

Why would you need your striker to be a good defender?

Does not being able to head the ball stop you from being a striker?

I think his weaknesses are his right foot and heading, but who cares when he can score so many goals.

im guessing this game is on ChelseaTV? so i can get a stream no probs? all answers MUCH appreciated!!

Yep exclusively on chelsea TV for us... And yeah you should be able to. The first game had loads of streams, so this will to i am sure...

Same, definitely think he's better out wide- think he'll settle far quicker in the PL if he's played there. Although I thought part of him coming here was that he would get games centrally?

Also hoping to see Ramires in one of the holding two, doesn't work well as right forward for me.

Could be a close game, PSG have got such a good team now

im guessing this game is on ChelseaTV? so i can get a stream no probs? all answers MUCH appreciated!!

This is one i was given, i have chelsea TV for a month but i saved it anyway. Just tried it and it seems to work...

http://www.flashwebtown.com/mediaplayer/mediaplayer.swf?backcolor=0x000000&frontcolor=0xFFFFFF&file=rtmp://cp96798.live.edgefcs.net/live/&id=ChelTV_Ch01_1000k@26291&autostart=true

Sorry to re-post - but what is actual kick-off time need to set alarm to make sure I'm awake! :)

Cream-crackered - just got back from the 'Worlds' biggest Ice-Caves, amazing, but 1800metres up - so lot of walking, not much oxygen and 3/4 packet of fags, plus being 36 - running on empty now :)

Torres should stop being a lazy bastard and get his priorities straight and that is having a proper pre season with us. He barely even deserves a holiday, he needs to have a binding season with us and then he can have a fucking holiday. Get your arse on the plane ladyboy!

Torres should stop being a lazy bastard and get his priorities straight and that is having a proper pre season with us. He barely even deserves a holiday, he needs to have a binding season with us and then he can have a fucking holiday. Get your arse on the plane ladyboy!

Pretty harsh. All players get a certain amount of time off before rejoining the squad.

I thought his Grandad had died - hence the extended leave?

I lost my Grandmother last month (now at the age where all relatives are on the slippery slope), and IT IS not a nice thing to happen...

So maybe check some facts, before jumping to conclusions...

EDIT: Just checked, his Grandad died on 15 July, so at least a week etc needed for funeral...

He has extended leave because he played in the Final of the Euro's. My post was kinda joking anyway but he's had so much abuse, you'd think he'd do everything to put the last 18 months behind him and start a fresh. He needs a big season.

He has extended leave because he played in the Final of the Euro's. My post was kinda joking anyway but he's had so much abuse, you'd think he'd do everything to put the last 18 months behind him and start a fresh. He needs a big season.

No it was also extended further to cater for the loss of his Grandad...

I'm sure he's keen to get back, but looks like 'lady luck' is hampering him again... Please God, let this be the end of it...