Bastian Schweinsteiger

He told - last summer or the summer two years ago - that he would like to play in England, and that his brother wanted him to join United. And I don't remember in which way, but Chelsea was also mentionned. I don't have any precise recollections of this interview, but I at least remember he was quite interested in playing in the PL.

I remember that well. Back in 2009 there was a very good chance. This was before he had established himself in a central midfield role and was a bit unsettled. You never know how these things really work out though, so anything is still possible.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember that well. Back in 2009 there was a very good chance. This was before he had established himself in a central midfield role and was a bit unsettled. You never know how these things really work out though, so anything is still possible.

Pretty sure it was in the summer 2010 after a successful world cup. We were linked with him when there were reports he was struggling to agree a new contract with Bayern. It's no secret he is a favourite of Roman's. Now I wonder what happens when Roman has favourites that he'd like to be playing at Chelsea...

Don't believe it unless a more reliable source than some dude on Twitter, reports it. Hypothetically if we get him it would be fantastic though. He fits the bill. Does his defensive duties and distributes the ball effectively. He could be a vital player in our team.

As far as I know, no legit sources (newspapers & journos) have mentioned this at all. If there was even a hint of truth, someone would have commented on it.

This is just one of those transfers I will never believe to be true lol I'd be less surprised if we signed messi than this guy

If there's one player that Lamps wouldn't mind sharing time or taking a back seat to, it would be Schweinsteiger. They're good friends, aren't they?

He could be that rock in midfield that we need. The general.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You