Bastian Schweinsteiger

Wish the club had been able to sign Tiago.

That ship sailed last summer. He is 34 and has one more year on contract. But yeah he would be great adition last season. Did realy well for Atletico this year.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Bring both him and Ana! So happy that shes with him, he's one of the footballers I like the most.

For the right fee I'm all up for his transfer.

Guess which German we signed near Bastian's age had a great career here? :D

Great transfer for them if true. Sad they are bringing a quality midfielder, I enjoyed watching Anderson, Carrick, Fletcher, Herrera, Cleverly and Blind so far ;D

Bastian is quality, but I wonder how is his fitness and is he past it? Hopefully yes if he's signing with them.

I'd really like us to sign him though.

Excellent player that will really help the Mancs unfortunately. But at 30 how long for? I know hes cheap so maybe if they get a couple of good years out of him it would be worthwhile losing it. But would we buy him and give him over a 1 year contract?

He isn't cheap. I mean, he's gonna earn like 10m per season. That's a lot. I don't take that risk. He's has like 31 years, he's playing the worst football of his career since he's a midfielder and has a large list of injuries in his historial.

For less, you can sign Bruno Soriano, who is a better 4 in every aspect of the game. And the spaniard is not gonna demand a position in the starting eleven.

He is slow and injury prone as hell, even in Bayern 2012-13 season he was out for quite a bit too and Kroos stepped up in his place. Tbh for some reason he spends on average at least a couple of months out every year for the last 5 years at least now. That is why even though he is available for 20m no one but MU is interested, after WC 2010 there was even rumors of Madrid bidding 40m for him.

Still a quality player when fit though, can still assit and score great goals and his passing is still world class.

He'll be 31 when the season starts and has fitness issues. Could be a good signing if he stays fit of course, but it's not like they're getting prime Schweinsteiger here like their fans seem to think judging by their excitement.

Bayern wouldn't sell one of their all time greatest legends for so cheap if they felt he was still so good.

Still, if they get Schneiderlin as well they'll probably have the best midfield in the league, unfortunately. Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Herrera, and Carrick to choose from. It's been reported that Van Gaal wants to use 4-3-3 this season so it'll take some doing to win the midfield battle against any combination of those three.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You