Mathieu Debuchy

We want someone good, van der wiel is crap, thats why you guys arent as crazy about him as fans. Piszeck is defensively not as good as debuchy, debuchy is more complete and mourinho will prefer that, i dont know where you get the attack minded thing..look at arbeloa and see where your mistake is. :yay::clown:

I get it from your left side - marcelo and coentrao are rampaging full backs, both looking good going forward but both dogshit at defending.

We had mourinho here four years so i know full well how he works and you are much more solid now. However you play inverted wingers and need overlapping full backs to join in and attack the wide space. IMO you'll get someone who can add that to your game as your right side isn't half as potent as the left.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miss what, the cl? We have 9 in the trophy case inside our mansion, the bernabeu..

Real+Madrid+9+Copas+de+Europa.jpg

As we say to the bin dippers, history means fuck all if you didn't witness it personally and experience the emotions of that win at the time. So how many of them were you watching and supporting through?

I wont answer your question in the 2nd post because i find the basing in it, ridiculous, and the first post is almost there as well.

That "dogshit" adjective is misguided, specially on coentrao, we wont have two fullbacks running at full force, debuchy is the better package and thats the bottom line, if we dont go after him ( probably an automatic purchase :clown: ) mou will have his own reasons.

Its not like debuchy is horrible in attack lol, dont make him seem like that just to make a point. Debuchy is quite balanced, mou will get pizczek if he finds him to be adequate enough. We will see, and im kinda done here because theres nothing more to be said, i said it all absolutely in my first 2-3 posts, tops.

EDIT: coentrao has never been known as bad in defending, hes impressed in his portugal appearances in the world cup and euro cup, serving as arguably top 3 fullbacks in either flank in both tournies.

And he has done very well with madrid.

I get it from your left side - coentrao - rampaging full back, looking good going forward but dogshit at defending.

Coentrao isn't dogshit at defending. Has done well for Madrid. He has been one of Portugal's best players in the Euros so far.

Anyways back on topic, I think we will get this guy or the polish rb who plays for bvb. Similar in ability, both only seperated by 1 year. Im satisfied with either, as long as its not van der weil.

Don't see Dortmund selling Łukasz Piszczek for a reasonable price. He's got a contract until 2016.

Did anyone know about this guy before the Euros? It seems his name has popped up suddenly after the England game, all is forgotten about this Azpilicueta guy. When people were coming up with lists of quality right backs in the world, Debuchy was nowhere to be seen. I guess I have to be (one of) the first to admit that I had no idea who he was before the Euros, and I'm always cautious at forming an opinion on a player based on 1-2 games. I do like his name though, a proper footballer's name.

So how good is he really? Aside from the 2 games in the Euros. Was he by far the best right-back in Ligue 1? He is in the French squad so I know he can't be total trash, but so was Bosingwa in Portuguese team and look how well that went. And why is he supposedly evaluated so low?

Did anyone know about this guy before the Euros? It seems his name has popped up suddenly after the England game, all is forgotten about this Azpilicueta guy. When people were coming up with lists of quality right backs in the world, Debuchy was nowhere to be seen. I guess I have to be (one of) the first to admit that I had no idea who he was before the Euros, and I'm always cautious at forming an opinion on a player based on 1-2 games. I do like his name though, a proper footballer's name.

So how good is he really? Aside from the 2 games in the Euros. Was he by far the best right-back in Ligue 1? He is in the French squad so I know he can't be total trash, but so was Bosingwa in Portuguese team and look how well that went. And why is he supposedly evaluated so low?

I knew of him and I have been advocating this signing for months. If you want proof trudge through months and months of 'General Transfer' talk to find a mini-article I had written up about Debuchy and Cabaye.

Debuchy was damn good at Lille, but the Ligue 1 gets limited coverage and most people dismiss it, I believe that is the reason more people don't know who he is. He is easily the best RB in the Ligue 1 a few years ago it would have been Anthony Reveillere.

What a poor offer lol, tight bastards. I never knew anything about him before i saw he was in fifa 12 south europe team of the year lol so thought he must be good. He has looked good at these euro's.

Lille's manager Rudi Garcia had this to say...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7825145/Garcia-reveals-Newcastle-bid

"He is torn between staying with us and playing in the Champions League in our new stadium or going elsewhere," admitted Garcia.

"If he does go and it is a sporting progression, then we will be happy to see him evolve - but we have not planned to replace him."

Garcia quipped that Newcastle must have bid for the wrong player as their offer was nowhere near enough.

"But I do believe that Newcastle have faxed an offer of £4million - but they must have the wrong player," he joked.

Garcia insists that Debuchy's rise to prominence on the back of his European Championship displays has not shocked him.

"No [they haven't surprised me], as he plays with France as he does with us, he plays high and attacks but defensively is also very rigorous and he exudes confidence," said Garcia.

"Without insulting Reveillere and Sagna, he is trying to show he should always be right-back for France."

5 million, eh? I think if we double that they'll find it hard to resist.

The problem I have with right back is that we essentially need to sign a backup, someone who'll be happy with 20 starts and a handful of appearances off the bench. Ivanovic should still be our first choice, IMO. I don't think Debuchy fits that bill. Also it would be nice to have a more attacking right back to serve as a contrast to Ivanovic, someone we can bring on to add some extra attacking movement in our play.