Mathieu Debuchy

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously how the fuck is this guy being bought from right under our nose for £5.5 m WHEN WE CAN FUCKING PAY THAT TOO AND GOD DAMN IT MORE! He would prefer to come to Chelsea any day over Newcastle! FFS we r ready to pay 7m for Azpi (who is totally totally worth that much money even more!) AND WE CAN'T FUCKING PAY 5.5 FOR HIM!

Seriously how the fuck is this guy being bought from right under our nose for £5.5 m WHEN WE CAN FUCKING PAY THAT TOO AND GOD DAMN IT MORE! He would prefer to come to Chelsea any day over Newcastle! FFS we r ready to pay 7m for Azpi (who is totally totally worth that much money even more!) AND WE CAN'T FUCKING PAY 5.5 FOR HIM!

WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT? STOP SHOUTING!

I'm more than happy with Azpi, and Debuchy is close friends with Cabaye which I believe played a part in where Debuchy wanted to go. And to add to what you were saying about price, we got Azpi for a very good deal but I seem to remember Lille were going to make us pay more due to the fact we are Chelsea and it was just after his great Euro performances. We needed a RB then and he wasn't really a good deal at that moment in time.

WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT? STOP SHOUTING!

I'm more than happy with Azpi, and Debuchy is close friends with Cabaye which I believe played a part in where Debuchy wanted to go. And to add to what you were saying about price, we got Azpi for a very good deal but I seem to remember Lille were going to make us pay more due to the fact we are Chelsea and it was just after his great Euro performances. We needed a RB then and he wasn't really a good deal at that moment in time.

Wow u misunderstood me! BADLY!

Not screaming first of all
2) I said Azpi was a GREAT deal. I said if we did a gr8 deal like that let's do one like this for Debuchy too! ik they will make us pay more but it's worth a bid.... even 7 mil wouldn't be too bad for Debuchy so yes we should have paid more or atleast bid. Why would I not be happy with Azpi when he's been gr8!
3) Why didn't we nick him at the beginning of January (u can't let guyz this good for value just be sneaked right under your nose by a team vastly inferior to u money-wise)
4) Let;s try to get ASAP then (when he has completed some time at Newcastle)

Wow u misunderstood me! BADLY!

Not screaming first of all
2) I said Azpi was a GREAT deal. I said if we did a gr8 deal like that let's do one like this for Debuchy too! ik they will make us pay more but it's worth a bid.... even 7 mil wouldn't be too bad for Debuchy so yes we should have paid more or atleast bid. Why would I not be happy with Azpi when he's been gr8!
3) Why didn't we nick him at the beginning of January (u can't let guyz this good for value just be sneaked right under your nose by a team vastly inferior to u money-wise)
4) Let;s try to get ASAP then (when he has completed some time at Newcastle)

But we wouldn't have needed another RB and its just another player on our wage bill that isn't really needed

But we wouldn't have needed another RB and its just another player on our wage bill that isn't really needed

We could do with another (Iva will stay at CB) so atm it's just Azpi at Right Back (unti JT's fit but I think they are more likely to drop Cahill as our managers prefer Ivanovic over Cahill)

He can also play like Bertrand did earlier this season in front of Cole (Left Wing) except Debuchy in front of Azpi, I missed the France Spain game but I think he played that role.

btw can he play at LB because Lahm can play RB and LB (some full backs have that ability) maybe Debuchy could play in the midfield as well, but for his price we certainly should have signed him.

The one thing I don't really understand is why Debuchy is so adamant in joining Newcastle? They may have exciting plan going on in trying to elevate Newcastle into the next level but right now, they're nothing more than a 2nd tier club(no disrespect to them). A player of his quality should be aiming better things especially when there are other bigger clubs interested in him too.

We could do with another (Iva will stay at CB) so atm it's just Azpi at Right Back (unti JT's fit but I think they are more likely to drop Cahill as our managers prefer Ivanovic over Cahill)

He can also play like Bertrand did earlier this season in front of Cole (Left Wing) except Debuchy in front of Azpi, I missed the France Spain game but I think he played that role.

btw can he play at LB because Lahm can play RB and LB (some full backs have that ability) maybe Debuchy could play in the midfield as well, but for his price we certainly should have signed him.

Ivanovic can play at RB if needed and Luiz can play with Cahill at CB when Terry is absent. Furthermore, we have some youngsters coming up the ranks in the RB & CB area. We might need to purchase 1-2 defenders in perhaps 2 years time but it's definitely not a priority right now.

Purchasing Debuchy now is nothing more than a luxury buy. We don't need him and Azpilicueta in the squad. Given both of their age right now, they would want to play every week and constantly rotating them won't help either player or the entire back 4 as it will disrupt the understanding of the defence.

The one thing I don't really understand is why Debuchy is so adamant in joining Newcastle? They may have exciting plan going on in trying to elevate Newcastle into the next level but right now, they're nothing more than a 2nd tier club(no disrespect to them). A player of his quality should be aiming better things especially when there are other bigger clubs interested in him too.

Ivanovic can play at RB if needed and Luiz can play with Cahill at CB when Terry is absent. Furthermore, we have some youngsters coming up the ranks in the RB & CB area. We might need to purchase 1-2 defenders in perhaps 2 years time but it's definitely not a priority right now.

Purchasing Debuchy now is nothing more than a luxury buy. We don't need him and Azpilicueta in the squad. Given both of their age right now, they would want to play every week and constantly rotating them won't help either player or the entire back 4 as it will disrupt the understanding of the defence.

But atm UTD have loads of defenders from Butthead to the photogenic Jones shouldn't we keep some depth? Debuchy can play at RW if nec or maybe even at CM? @BluesMaster can he play at both LB and RB like Lahm.

But atm UTD have loads of defenders from Butthead to the photogenic Jones shouldn't we keep some depth? Debuchy can play at RW if nec or maybe even at CM?

Just because United have lots of defenders, doesn't mean we have to do the same. We have more concerns in other areas at the moment than the defence. Why do we need Debuchy for RW anyway? We already have enough players who do the job out wide.

@BluesMaster can he play at both LB and RB like Lahm.

No, I don't think so.

Just because United have lots of defenders, doesn't mean we have to do the same. We have more concerns in other areas at the moment than the defence. Why do we need Debuchy for RW anyway? We already have enough players who do the job out wide.

No, I don't think so.

Debuchy cannot even play as a RW lmao, he gets forward a lot but he can't play RW. He can play as a CM I am aware though.

Anyway if we should sign any defender, Micah Richards, can play RB/LB/CB and DM. Perfect signing.

No, I don't think so.

I dunno mate? I think it's just such a good opportunity to get such a talented guy for a good price. I personally just don't like the sight of a guy like him just slipping past our fingers and isn't defense our problem (not in Rafa's few weeks) but we've been pretty shit overall this season our defending and Torres has got us in this position tbh and Debuchy might even be able to play at CM. How can u not get a player like him for such good value? Wierd! We should have atleast bid for him in the summer!

Debuchy cannot even play as a RW lmao, he gets forward a lot but he can't play RW. He can play as a CM I am aware though.

Anyway if we should sign any defender, Micah Richards, can play RB/LB/CB and DM. Perfect signing.

Micah'd be ideal. He could play a bit like Bertrand did earlier this season.

I dunno mate? I think it's just such a good opportunity to get such a talented guy for a good price. I personally just don't like the sight of a guy like him just slipping past our fingers and isn't defense our problem (not in Rafa's few weeks) but we've been pretty shit overall this season our defending and Torres has got us in this position tbh and Debuchy might even be able to play at CM. How can u not get a player like him for such good value? Wierd! We should have atleast bid for him in the summer!

Even if he can play in CM, he's still primarily a RB and specializes at that! If we are to purchase a CM, best to get one who specializes in that area.