Mathieu Debuchy

People like you are failing to use logic...Will Debuchy even be content with 2nd choice? Why move from a team that you are a starter in to become a Bench warmer in another? I certainly would not want to do that. Look af what happened to Sahin at Madrid.

Meh. Debuchy should become a Newcastle player soon enough. They need a quality RB & they have a great scouting network in France.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are some people broken?

Bosingwa was considered 'backup' yet made 36 starts and 7 sub appearances last season. A player would be coming here knowing there are a lot of games to play.

This is even more important at RB as Brana will probably have to play at least 10-15 games during the season at CB.

Agreed. But the question is can u have a "world class" fullback warming your bench for most of the season -- with the exception of the league cup and maybe a handful of league games?

From what we've seen through out the years, most quality players won't settle for that kind of arrangement. Maybe Walker might fit the the bill but definitley not Richards... a tough one this right back situation. :confused:

Bosingwa still managed to get 43 games last season when he was considered to be Ivanovic's backup and even Ferreira played 9 games. If the so called 1st choice gets injured then those numbers rise even higher. Rotation is key.

Now that Bosingwa is gone do we promote Hutchinson to play all those +30 games next season? The man has played 6 games in his career at the age of 22 so a big risk there. Could work out brilliantly and with him being a product of the Chelsea academy it would be even sweeter but could fail miserably too...

Azpilicueta is first choice for marseille so he too would want first team football. However we have to consider the club will play around 60 games this season, and the facts that brana may have to fill in at centre back sometimes, that any RB that joins should get at least 30 games.

I am actually not one of these against van der wiel but i wouldn't mind debuchy, he's a very accomplished full back. Telegraph has linked us with Piszczek from Dortmund aswell.

Yes, but Azpi is 5years younger.

Meh. Debuchy should become a Newcastle player soon enough. They need a quality RB & they have a great scouting network in France.

A Geordie friend of mine thinks Newcastle are really solid in the RB department. They have Davide Santon and Danny Simpson, so they don't really need Debuchy. He said they desperatly need a LB as Gutierrez had to play in the postion to often last season.

A Geordie friend of mine thinks Newcastle are really solid in the RB department. They have Davide Santon and Danny Simpson, so they don't really need Debuchy. He said they desperatly need a LB as Gutierrez had to play in the postion to often last season.

I thought Simpson was leaving, and Santon can play either full back role. Debuchy would be a real coup for them, because I would be very happy if we were to buy him ourselves.

Santon can play RB & LB...but i'm expecting Newcastle to sign either Debuchy or Vurnon Anita (can play DM & LB) from Ajax.

Just 8m! Why aren't we going for him?!!

That is freaking bargain!!!!

But agreed with Blulyon on Azpi. If we are going to spend somewhere around that region, best get Azpi who is younger and can grow with our team with the likes of Mata, Hazard, David Luiz and such.

Santon can play RB & LB...but i'm expecting Newcastle to sign either Debuchy or Vurnon Anita (can play DM & LB) from Ajax.

Santon can play at LB but that is not his natural position. He is much more comfortable at RB. It's like playing Ashley at RB, capable but not comfortable. The only reason he gets played LB a lot was his days under Josè at Inter Milan. Maicon was too good a RB to be displaced by Santon and Inter lacking a real LB (Chivu & Cordoba are CBs) played Santon there.

Anything between £6-8m and I think we should get him. A lot of people going on about his age compared to Azpilicueta but you can't just buy a load of 21 year olds. The team needs the right blend of ages and you will still get at least 4-5 good years out of him. For that price I say take him.

He looks defensively very solid and disciplined whilst also looking good going forward.

the daily mirror is reporting a 6m fee from Chelsea. that would be brilliant imo.

debuchy can go up and down the right flank all day. his tracking back is still a little suspect because yesterday against ukraine, he got an unnecessary yellow for barging in on the attacker from behind because he was out of position. not sure if this is a weakness but overall he is sound in defence and offence. with debuchy and a CM, our team will actually look top class for a change.