Mathieu Debuchy

Mathieu-Debuchy-008.jpg

Nationality: French

Current Club: Lille

Position: Right Back

He had a great game for France today, and has also had a great season with Lille especially on the occasions I have seen him play. Better than Van Der Wiel defensively thats for certain.

Haven't heard anything about us being interested, but it seems Newcastle and Roma are. Could he be a good right back for us to purchase since his asking price is a apparently only £8 million?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only noticed him because he has a team of the year card on Fifa 12 lol but yeah he was very good today, looks really solid. £9m or €8m? Well it's not much anyway, i think that price will double very soon.

Fantastic RB, but yet again: we have Ivanovic!

I dont understand this forum with this desire for an RB...

Have you ever heard about something called squad depth? We have no solid cover on RB, only promising Hutchinson, who can't surly play important matches, if antyhing goes wrong, yet.

Have you ever heard about something called squad depth? We have no solid cover on RB, only promising Hutchinson, who can't surly play important matches, if antyhing goes wrong, yet.

I just think Debuchy is "too good" to be a cover for Ivanovic. Im not realy against it, i like Debuchy and i think he's the best option in the market,

but its feeling like too much.

Anyway, im guessing Ivanovic wont like it lol

Debuchy is great RB, too good to be backup for Brana. Azpi would fit here better. He is younger and in year or two, his age would be right to takeover the place from Brana, while Debuchy would be too old then.

Debuchy is great RB, too good to be backup for Brana. Azpi would fit here better. He is younger and in year or two, his age would be right to takeover the place from Brana, while Debuchy would be too old then.

Azpilicueta is first choice for marseille so he too would want first team football. However we have to consider the club will play around 60 games this season, and the facts that brana may have to fill in at centre back sometimes, that any RB that joins should get at least 30 games.

I am actually not one of these against van der wiel but i wouldn't mind debuchy, he's a very accomplished full back. Telegraph has linked us with Piszczek from Dortmund aswell.