Eden Hazard

the wes

Even Messi does not have a free role per se.

The team needs to defend as a unit, so giving players a free role would leave even more gaps for the top sides to exploit.

He's good enough to flourish as is, he just had a bad game.

Technically, Barca's style of play gives Messi the freedom to flourish.

At Chelsea, the problem is, we don't really have a style of play yet..and we haven't become a strong unit yet (cause of all the new signings).

Once all the players understand their roles (which will take time), the likes of Mata & Hazard will be able to play their natural game and begin to flourish under Jose.

A lot on here are blaming Hazard's performances. Hazard is an attacker, he is not an attacking midfielder. He is being asked to help out the left back defensively. What a fucking waste of such a brilliant young talent. If he was at United he'd already be one of the world's most feared attackers. Do you think he would have to be helping Evra defend? No, of course not.

A lot on here are blaming Hazard's performances. Hazard is an attacker, he is not an attacking midfielder. He is being asked to help out the left back defensively. What a fucking waste of such a brilliant young talent. If he was at United he'd already be one of the world's most feared attackers. Do you think he would have to be helping Evra defend? No, of course not.

I disagree, last year under Benitez, he was working quite a lot, asking the ball quite deep, but the big difference was the system.

At the end, every player knew what they had to do, it didn't always worked but they could rely on a system.

This system has been like a slow death for us. It hasn't worked since Robbie started using it. What is the point of playing a system that, with the full-backs we have been using, means we only have 4 attackers. It is a system that is easy to play against, 2 CB's take care of the 1 striker. The midfield gets flooded to slow the attacking midfielders. These midfielders then start playing too deep and have more players to get through.

Like Nani? Or Valencia? Or Young?

United's wingers have always been hard-working players (Beckham being the archetypal one) but they're by no means all successes. Hazard is starting his second season after an impressive first one where he's being asked to do a lot of new things. People need to be patient, much like United fans had to be with Ronaldo.

I dont think we need to be patient, he has already showed what he can do. Under the system he has to play too deep and with most opposition briefed beforehand to stick 3 players on him, he is getting little room for manoevre. Last night he would have had more success where Eto'o was out wide and the Cameroonian more central. In Jose we trust, just hope he knows what hes doing and is not Rafa in disguise

The fitness.

I think he needs a really specific training programme

I don't know what he's doing but he should stop what he does, it's like he's doing a defender preparation where being strong is the most important thing.

I blame the fitness on playing him for 90mins since our preseasons till now

he has total freedom to do everything he wants, how come is Mourinho at fault when it's Hazard's decisions in the pitch that have been bad? The only thing José seems to have demanded from him is work-rate - which he improved incredibly on, but it seems like he - Eden - can't find a balance between doing well on both (attacking and defending). It has little or nothing to do with Mourinho, except the excess of confidence that Mourinho is giving to him now praising him all the time and never benching or subbing him.

Misunderstanding there. I never implied it was Mourinho's fault? I said that he played badly under Mourinho, and I was worried that it might give Mourinho a wrong impression of Hazard's ability

an attacker?

For his qualities he hasn't really been a goal threat this season. If only he could stick to getting behind fullbacks and getting crosses in like willian did several times yesterday he would be more useful in that way at the moment. Where has his intelligence gone?

For his qualities he hasn't really been a goal threat this season. If only he could stick to getting behind fullbacks and getting crosses in like willian did several times yesterday he would be more useful in that way at the moment. Where has his intelligence gone?

Gone, he's become stupid. Like BlueMourinhoKing suggested, he's most likely a one-season wonder. Pretty sure we can still ditch him at Fulham for about 10mill.

Gone, he's become stupid. Like BlueMourinhoKing suggested, he's most likely a one-season wonder. Pretty sure we can still ditch him at Fulham for about 10mill.

Hehe. I don't agree he has become stupid it's obvious he is trying hard to play and probably training hard too but he is just not applying intelligence to his game right now he is quite raw in his play. I wonder why he has brought his not-so-good form in the belgium NT to chelsea fc