Eden Hazard

the wes

His main asset to the team is his dribbling. He can't help if he's being double, triple pressed. He needs someone who plays closer to him to link up with him so they can commit some defenders to them and in turn do 1-2s to release him 1 on 1. Oscar is a beast but often times he drops too deep. Instead have the striker drop to the left and link up with him. Someone needs to be close to him in all instances, either to link up with him or at least receive a pass and then switch play to the other side where we'll have a man free most likely.

MATA.

His main asset to the team is his dribbling. He can't help if he's being double, triple pressed. He needs someone who plays closer to him to link up with him so they can commit some defenders to them and in turn do 1-2s to release him 1 on 1. Oscar is a beast but often times he drops too deep. Instead have the striker drop to the left and link up with him. Someone needs to be close to him in all instances, either to link up with him or at least receive a pass and then switch play to the other side where we'll have a man free most likely.

Great post!

Almost every time he gets the ball he's isolated on an island and is at walking pace. Exactly right about how Oscar effects his game. Since Oscar is such a work horse, he's rarely near enough to Hazard to relieve the pressure from the defenders on him. Hazard gets the ball just outside of the opposing penalty area on the left and there are 2 or 3 defenders right in his face and not a single teammate near him a lot of the time.

He greatly benefits from having Mata constantly within 10 yards of him to take away defenders. Unfortunately, this is what Jose is trying to eliminate. Mata is utterly brilliant in the opponents half, but is too frail and slow to get back and defend. In the huge games against the likes of City or United or in CL matches I can see why Jose will go with Oscar in the #10 role, but I really hope we see Mata and Hazard playing right next to each other very often.

in addition to the CAM - whoever that is - and the striker - whoever that is - we would expect the FB to help him because any player that approaches him will drag some of the opponents with them, but he's painfully isolated most times. I felt like last match Oscar and even André (who as supposed to be in the opposite wings) approached him a few times, but still not enough.

Also, even if they approach him, Eden will always be double pressed, sometimes even triple marked. And he has the talent to deal with some of those situations (not every time because he's no superman), but he doesn't seem too confident to do so. So we have two issues that only contribute to his form to be below par as of now, but I'm positive he'll work around it and hopefully Mourinho will ask people to approach him (if he hasn't already) and hopefully they'll listen.

As for the Mata partnership, I'm all for it. I just hope it lasts more than it did last season. Out of the 9 months they played together that partnership was really sharp only by the end of the season, 3 months tops. It's too little, although one of the reasons was that both alternated digs on their form... Mata supposedly because he was tired (he hasn't had vacation time for 2 seasons I guess), Eden because he's still in his improvement curve. I guess.

in addition to the CAM - whoever that is - and the striker - whoever that is - we would expect the FB to help him because any player that approaches him will drag some of the opponents with them, but he's painfully isolated most times.

Very true ... Cole doesn't get into those positions very often, but if he plays close, Eden is dangerous (eg pretty much the only instances eden WAS dangerous last game)

Also, even if they approach him, Eden will always be double pressed, sometimes even triple marked. And he has the talent to deal with some of those situations (not every time because he's no superman), but he doesn't seem too confident to do so.

Yes. He will inevitably pick up form and spending so much people on marking him will cost them dearly - especially because an in form Eden will find a way like he did last year in the second half of the season. I bet that might be what Mou is just waiting for by playing him every time - reassured the form will pick up inevitably.

Yeah, that should be Cole, not just Oscar.

in addition to the CAM - whoever that is - and the striker - whoever that is - we would expect the FB to help him because any player that approaches him will drag some of the opponents with them, but he's painfully isolated most times. I felt like last match Oscar and even André (who as supposed to be in the opposite wings) approached him a few times, but still not enough.

Also, even if they approach him, Eden will always be double pressed, sometimes even triple marked. And he has the talent to deal with some of those situations (not every time because he's no superman), but he doesn't seem too confident to do so. So we have two issues that only contribute to his form to be below par as of now, but I'm positive he'll work around it and hopefully Mourinho will ask people to approach him (if he hasn't already) and hopefully they'll listen.

As for the Mata partnership, I'm all for it. I just hope it lasts more than it did last season. Out of the 9 months they played together that partnership was really sharp only by the end of the season, 3 months tops. It's too little, although one of the reasons was that both alternated digs on their form... Mata supposedly because he was tired (he hasn't had vacation time for 2 seasons I guess), Eden because he's still in his improvement curve. I guess.

yup spot on, that should be the first option imo, but i've expressed my dislike for cole (in terms of his offensive contribution)

even Bertrand is much better going forward and he sucks at it too lol

i wish we could just play azpi at LB

yup spot on, that should be the first option imo, but i've expressed my dislike for cole (in terms of his offensive contribution)

even Bertrand is much better going forward and he sucks at it too lol

i wish we could just play azpi at LB

you don't tell me! I wished he was a LB or could play there many times. In Brazil we Dani Alves playing on both sides of the pitch... Marcelo was injured and our sub was many levels worse so Dani Alves played in the left. Can't Azpi do the same for us? :ph34r:

you don't tell me! I wished he was a LB or could play there many times. In Brazil we Dani Alves playing on both sides of the pitch... Marcelo was injured and our sub was many levels worse so Dani Alves played in the left. Can't Azpi do the same for us? :ph34r:

Azpi is ambidextrous iirc.