Eden Hazard

the wes

At 1-0 he had a great chance when on his left side he decided to lean back instead of getting his body over the ball and hitting across the keeper.

Poor performance for him, needs to pick it up.

That same sort of kick qualified Chelsea last year in the europa league? Now it just went a 1/2 yard over.

He had a shit game indeed!

The whole team sucked basically... There's no football from the back/midfield, no organization, no ideas. Dont know what came first; the chicken or the egg..

But I dont think Mourinho is the right coach for the football that Abramovic wants to play? If you say Mourinho I think of power football & defensive football!

BTW where is AZPI ???

Just needs to stop falling so easily on the pitch.Rest all is just fine.

Since playing for us he's always dived or fell when opponents touched him in a certain way - French league is one of the lighter in the world imo, but he continues to fall at the minor contact expecting referees to call a foul when they won't in 80% of the cases he fell. It's taking him more time than necessary to realize the reality in England isn't the same as in France.

Since playing for us he's always dived or fell when opponents touched him in a certain way - French league is one of the lighter in the world imo, but he continues to fall at the minor contact expecting referees to call a foul when they won't in 80% of the cases he fell. It's taking him more time than necessary to realize the reality in England isn't the same as in France.

Ever seen Ligue 1? Its almost as physical as the championship....

That is true. I think he has this style and technique that makes him get fouled a lot. But he is not a diver, really.

But it is true, he is out of form really bad for his doing - although Bayern was great - as was Hull. I already posted about this twice really extensively with stats and everything, but in his career - except one year - the last at Lille - his starts have been bad. That translates in falling, bad passing, etc.

He will rev up the engine soon. I am not worried and people who are haven't seen him play enough, really. So, let's give him some bench time - get that nagging injury out of the way - include KDB and William in the team (and cry for the lack of pivot or ST options).

edit: if he needs to learn something - it is to get better season starts.

Go Blues. Go Eden :-)

tried to watch it many times (all Lyon matches)... couldn't hold my interest for longer than 30 minutes... I have an obsession and inexplicable love for Lyon, but not even both things made me watch Ligue 1. I still think it's a light league - but if you think it's physical then it's even worse for Eden. What excuse does he have for falling (sometimes diving) all the time? It seems like he can't take the physical contact - not in a way that it's too much for him, because it's not, he's a chubby little thing, but in a way that he seems not used to it.

tried to watch it many times (all Lyon matches)... couldn't hold my interest for longer than 30 minutes... I have an obsession and inexplicable love for Lyon, but not even both things made me watch Ligue 1. I still think it's a light league - but if you think it's physical then it's even worse for Eden. What excuse does he have for falling (sometimes diving) all the time? It seems like he can't take the physical contact - not in a way that it's too much for him, because it's not, he's a chubby little thing, but in a way that he seems not used to it.

No, Eden doesn't dive or simulate.

He's very clever with it. The only way you can get the ball off Eden is if you physically contact him - which usually (90% of the time) results in a free kick as he protects the ball with his body superbly most of the time.

If Eden has the opportunity to go on he will - if he doesn't he'll usually get fouled. There's a reason why he was Europe's most fouled player last season and the season before if I remember correctly. That in itself should tell you he doesn't dive.

No, Eden doesn't dive or simulate.

He's very clever with it. The only way you can get the ball off Eden is if you physically contact him - which usually (90% of the time) results in a free kick as he protects the ball with his body superbly most of the time.

If Eden has the opportunity to go on he will - if he doesn't he'll usually get fouled. There's a reason why he was Europe's most fouled player last season and the season before if I remember correctly. That in itself should tell you he doesn't dive.

He's no Neymar - thank God for that, but I think he sometimes tries to fool the referee. And he falls a lot... and in many of those times no foul is called - most of them. so much that at some point early last season pundits and commentators - in Brazil at least - said that the referees already knew this about him and weren't falling for it anymore.

I do agree he's fouled a lot. And the dive I meant sometimes - rarely - the falling I meant constantly. Only last match he fell about 4-5 times and the referee didn't call a foul. We lost possession and he stayed sitting on the pitch.

I think he has tried to fool the referee a few times in the past, but I don't think he's necessarily a "diver", not in today's game. You look at Bale, Young, Suarez and the likes and those are divers; and that's not even to mention the whole La Liga!

I don't know ...; Neymar is so, so talented. Just watch Barcelona - he will be awesome. Even if a lot on here doubt him. I wish we would have bought him instead of william, really.

I actually meant in the diving department :lol: which I'm thankful for it. Diving is a shameful football resort - one Neymar isn't shy of using at all matches, as many times as possible - although he's also very much fouled.

He's no Neymar - thank God for that, but I think he sometimes tries to fool the referee. And he falls a lot... and in many of those times no foul is called - most of them. so much that at some point early last season pundits and commentators - in Brazil at least - said that the referees already knew this about him and weren't falling for it anymore.

I do agree he's fouled a lot. And the dive I meant sometimes - rarely - the falling I meant constantly. Only last match he fell about 4-5 times and the referee didn't call a foul. We lost possession and he stayed sitting on the pitch.

Yeah as Choo Choo said, when you compare him to the real divers in the game he's a saint. Sure he tries to trick the referees sometimes, but every player of his style does it.

Last game was an anomaly, he just wasn't good enough in every department - even being fouled.