Eden Hazard

the wes

Just now, Styles said:

I think Hazard has built up enough credit in his time here to at least be given the benefit of the doubt. One bad season doesn't make a player.

But how long can we just keep saying "he'll come good?" Don't get me wrong, I admire your optimism and hope you're correct, but in my heart of hearts all I see is a kid who doesn't appear to be happy playing his football with Chelsea. 

One terrible calendar year under Mourinho with an incomplete squad, a lack of rotation/change, a lack of goalscoring, more slow, inept attacks, etc.... This is NOT a good time to make judgments on this player IMO. One thing we've always known: he's not a great finisher even at his best. 

In my opinion, Hazard needs to play in a side wherein he is not expected to create so much from dribbling but is still given some liberty to do so. If Chelsea aren't the side to move the ball faster, then he should go elsewhere to realize greater potential. 

On the other hand, de Bruyne is a more impressive player for me, so... yeah, there's that big mistake (thanks Jose). I feel certain that I would rather spend big wages on Kevin than Eden, but some of this opinion is formed from my view that football should not revolve around single players who are expected to emulate superstars like Messi/Ronaldo. When football becomes a dribbling exhibition with an elevated superstar dribbler in every side, I am far less interested in the sport altogether. Same boring crap in baseball (pitcher) and in American throwball (quarterback).

10 minutes ago, Styles said:

giphy.gif

Ban him please, mods.

whilst the gif made me chuckle a bit, you can not be serious. People get banned for bullying, insulting other members not for writing brilliant substantiated posts displaying an unpopular opinion. 

Even though I do not agree with him either(, esp. 65m are not even remotedly close to what we should get for Hazard), @BlueLion put in a lot of effort to expound his chain of reasoning which is why I greatly enjoyed his post. This is what a forum is there for, to exchange and discuss opinions. We get that a lot in recent times that someone expresses his opinion and others demand him to get punished just for doing so. IMO that is not only childish but the philosophy behind banning people for their opinions hence abolishing freedom of speech is called fascism. I am not accusing you of being fascist as you probably did not intend to do any harm but I take this as an inducement cos this is a frequent pattern: someone has an opinion, takes his time to think it through and elucidate it here and the reaction he gets are some childish, personal one liners.This is what poisons the atmosphere in a forum and I have been on numerous so forums who went downhill from there. So I just want to remind members to take a step back and use your brains when assessing an opinion that is not yours and to @BlueLion, thanks for your amazing post.

3 minutes ago, BlueLion said:

But how long can we just keep saying "he'll come good?" Don't get me wrong, I admire your optimism and hope you're correct, but in my heart of hearts all I see is a kid who doesn't appear to be happy playing his football with Chelsea. 

Me too, but thankfully we got rid of the manager who had the team playing shit on a stick football and led them to one point above the relegation zone.

Things are looking up.

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

whilst the gif made me chuckle a bit, you can not be serious. People get banned for bullying, insulting other members not for writing brilliant substantiated posts displaying an unpopular opinion. 

Even though I do not agree with him either(, esp. 65m are not even remotedly close to what we should get for Hazard), @BlueLion put in a lot of effort to expound his chain of reasoning which is why I greatly enjoyed his post. This is what a forum is there for, to exchange and discuss opinions. We get that a lot in recent times that someone expresses his opinion and others demand him to get punished just for doing so. IMO that is not only childish but the philosophy behind banning people for their opinions hence abolishing freedom of speech is called fascism. I am not accusing you of being fascist as you probably did not intend to do any harm but I take this as an inducement cos this is a frequent pattern: someone has an opinion, takes his time to think it through and elucidate it here and the reaction he gets are some childish, personal one liners.This is what poisons the atmosphere in a forum and I have been on numerous so forums who went downhill from there. So I just want to remind members to take a step back and use your brains when assessing an opinion that is not yours and to @BlueLion, thanks for your amazing post.

Thanks for your comments @Magic Lamps, but @Styles did say he was joking about the banning thing. The whole point of a forum is to debate and to discuss conflicting opinions - it is clear my assessment is an unpopular one about a popular player, and that is bound to result in some discussion. But it's all in good taste, don't worry! The whole point is we can debate and disagree with each other, but do so in an adult fashion :) We're all Chelsea fans, but it's good we don't all share the same opinions. Otherwise this would be one boring place to chat about things!

4 minutes ago, didierforever said:

dude, did you and skipper forget how to read and understand?

when the fuck did i want jose back? i wanted the same treatment to be given to the players with worse attitudes and performances than jose. tell me a post where i said i want jose back. 

u need to understand what i person is speaking about.

Well my bad if you never actually said that then but it is utterly ridiculous imo to say he has no balls. Because he subsituted himself twice and saved himself from more damage? Yet both times he has been injured he has mised our next game? Yeah, really lacking balls... People really won't realise what we have missed until he has gone.

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I was hoping people would see it as a joke, I was not being serious AT ALL. Like, not even a little bit.

@BlueLion is a cool poster.:tiphat:

7 minutes ago, Styles said:

Me too, but thankfully we got rid of the manager who had the team playing shit on a stick football and led them to one point above the relegation zone.

Things are looking up.

If that was the case, and Jose was the cause for Eden's downturn in form and confidence, then I hope (and expect) a strong end to the season from him. I hope to god I'm wrong and just being hormonal about him (I stand by what I said as being a fair assessment/summary of my thoughts about Hazard at this particular moment in time), and I hope he does prove me wrong, because he is probably my favourite outfield player at Chelsea now Lampard and Drogba have gone. Like I say, I'm just not very confident that he will turn around and do so. However I would be quite happy for Hazard to score a hat-trick in the next game and you all give me some serious shit about it. 

3 hours ago, Styles said:

I'm joking to be honest, but I do disagree.

I just don't understand how anybody can advocate selling one of our most talented players and best performers over the last 3 seasons. He has had a bad season so far and has underperformed considering what he is capable of, but even the very best players suffer seasons like this. I wouldn't sell him because of that.

Also, when a player knows he's injured and can't continue any further he has absolutely every right to withdraw himself from the game. Hazard has been a recipient of some of the most over-the-top tackles during his time at Chelsea and yet he has played through most of them. He is one of the most durable players of his kind - this is the first year he's had consistent injury problems. And he tried to carry on playing last weekend but simply couldn't.

I think like a lot of supporters you are just fed up and are criticising everybody and anything. I think you will regret this sooner rather than later though.

Can't agree more..haven't had this much personality and talent rolled up into a Chelsea player since Drogba. The club has to try its best to hold onto him as long as they can, even if it means excusing poor seasons like this one.

(And before someone comes back to me saying that Drogba had a never-say-die attitude unlike Hazard, I said 'personality', not 'character')

3 hours ago, Styles said:

I was hoping people would see it as a joke, I was not being serious AT ALL. Like, not even a little bit.

@BlueLion is a cool poster.:tiphat:

You do realize @BlueLion is no longer an admin? Pointless trying to kiss his arse. :ph34r: