Hulk

thejolta

Not at all,

If we do indeed sign him, anyone else have a feeling Sturridge will leave? Because I certainly do.

Will benefit Sturridge as well as cost him playing time

He will be moved central but will be 2nd choice to Torres. If he's not willing to handle that than show him the door, unless he proves the club otherwise with his performances to earn a starting spot.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

portuguese league wow! (for all those who are already planning to curse me for belittling the portuguese league, i am not sayin portuguese league is bad but the english league is a whole other level in terms of competition)

An excellent point. Mickey Mouse leagues like Portugal and Netherlands are always very accommodating for strikers and generally have slapstick defending. Which is why some of the best signings from those countries tend to be defenders (Carvalho, Vermaelen, etc.)- you need to be very good to look competent as a defender when your fellow defensive colleagues are rubbish.

portuguese league wow! (for all those who are already planning to curse me for belittling the portuguese league, i am not sayin portuguese league is bad but the english league is a whole other level in terms of competition)

Benfica knocked out Utd

Porto put up a tremendous performance against Barca

Sporting knocked out Man City

It is difficult to experience both leagues and get out a logical perspective of which won is more competitive

Benfica knocked out Utd

It is difficult to experience both leagues and get out a logical perspective of which won is more competitive

That doesn't change the fact that if you send a rubbish striker there like Afonso Aves or Heskey they'll be scoring loads. We should be looking at Hulk's European record, when he actually plays tough defences.

An excellent point. Mickey Mouse leagues like Portugal and Netherlands are always very accommodating for strikers and generally have slapstick defending. Which is why some of the best signings from those countries tend to be defenders (Carvalho, Vermaelen, etc.)- you need to be very good to look competent as a defender when your fellow defensive colleagues are rubbish.

Cristiano Ronaldo,Luis Nani,Falcao they all left portugal with worse statistics compared to HULK.

And where does Ramires figure in all this?

I'm worried that we are spunking our money on someone who'll turn out to be similar to Sturridge, selfish and poor in work rate. Now, those traits are absolutely fine in a striker, but not in a winger. If we sign him, I think we have to still look for a new winger and play Hulk as a striker.

that is not true cos can play as a right winger

Benfica knocked out Utd

3-4 teams dont make a league. wigan athletic would give sporting a run for their money. i rest my case

That doesn't change the fact that if you send a rubbish striker there like Afonso Aves or Heskey they'll be scoring loads. We should be looking at Hulk's European record, when he actually plays tough defences.

And you know for a fact that if you send hasbeens to that league, your logic would indicate that they would be 'scoring loads'?

I wouldn't be so dismissive of Sturridge as some of you are.

I have a feeling he'll be one of those players who has the potential to become a star and we'd regret letting him go.

I wouldn't be so dismissive of Sturridge as some of you are.

I have a feeling he'll be one of those players who has the potential to become a star and we'd regret letting him go.

A star in an average team like Spuds or Livpool i would agree with that but nothing more.

Most of the players who have come to us from the Portuguese league in recent years have succeeded at Chelsea and on the other hand Torres who had been banging goals in the Premier League for many years prior to his move has done fuck all so I fail to see your point. Of course he probably wouldn't be able to keep up with his stats at Porto but very few people on Earth could...

Srsly why so many Sturridge mention's in a big player's thread.Its like mentioning Kalou in Drogba's thread.

Because we're not Real Madrid who just dismiss good talent ahead of the 'big names.' (then again, Torres & Drogba instead of Lukaku for most the season..)

And you know for a fact that if you send hasbeens to that league, your logic would indicate that they would be 'scoring loads'?

Afonso Alves in the Netherlands: 48 goals, 39 games.

Afonso Alves In England: 13 goals, 47 games.

Nuno Gomes in Portugal: 202 goals, 519 games.

Nuno Gomes outside Portugal: 20 goals, 64 games.

Benni McCarthy in Portugal: 111 games, 53 goals

Benni McCarthy in England: 153 games, 52 goals

Mario Jardel in Portugal: 186 games, 186 goals

Mario Jardel outside Portugal: 69 games, 30 goals.

There is a huge drop in quality.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You