Hulk

thejolta

For people saying about the Portugese league

Rambo and David Luiz are doing ok aren't they?

Strikers are different. Any fool can score bucket loads there. The only Hulk statistics that haven't been inflated are his European stats:

42 games, 15 goals, 7 assists. Decent, but not enough to convince me he won't be Sturridge Mk II on the wing.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afonso Alves in the Netherlands: 48 goals, 39 games.

Afonso Alves In England: 13 goals, 47 games.

Nuno Gomes in Portugal: 202 goals, 519 games.

Nuno Gomes outside Portugal: 20 goals, 64 games.

Benni McCarthy in Portugal: 111 games, 53 goals

Benni McCarthy in England: 153 games, 52 goals

Mario Jardel in Portugal: 186 games, 186 goals

Mario Jardel outside Portugal: 69 games, 30 goals.

There is a huge drop in quality.

Irrelevant in your case when the discussion in sending a hasbeen to those leagues (Portugal, Nether) and they will score loads.

Shall i bring up Ronaldo?

Nani?

Queresma?

Carvalho?

Falcao?

Irrelevant argument to support your claim in how sending a player like Heskey (LMAO) and he will perform better

Strikers are different. Any fool can score bucket loads there.

that is the only reason Radamel Falcao had more goals than hulk, hulk do all assist work and still have that load of goals it had a meaning for our next next season if it is confirmed

Irrelevant in your case when the discussion in sending a hasbeen to those leagues (Portugal, Nether) and they will score loads.

Nani?

Queresma?

Carvalho?

Falcao?

Irrelevant argument to support your claim in how sending a player like Heskey (LMAO) and he will perform better

Don't bring up Falcao he has like 80 odd goals for Porto, we all know he is a pure beast! Some players in the Portuguese leagues have yet to prove themselves more in Europe but a lot of them who have moved on to bigger leagues have been successful. Falcao, Ronaldo, Nani, Carvalho, Ferreira, Deco and even Bosingwa at one stage has been quite successful in what ever league they have moved to. Queresma failed though, remember his time in Italy? Couldn't get games ahead of a 36 year old Luis Figo....

portuguese league wow! (for all those who are already planning to curse me for belittling the portuguese league, i am not sayin portuguese league is bad but the english league is a whole other level in terms of competition)

Take note that he is very good in Europe too

He is kind of player, suited perfectly for PL. I dont think he would have any problems getting goals and assists in prem. For him, this wont be much challange because of attributes he has dont realy matter where you play.

He will be still same strong and fast and he will have still impossible long shots even he comes to prem.

I remember some people being against us signing Falcao, because he was playing in the Portuguese league, look how he's done at Atletico? close to 40 goals this season.

Oh yeah, la liga is shit too right? that would explain Aguero scoring more in the PL than he did over there?

Does that mean I am given a spot in your trophy cabinet of beloved posters, alongside Henri and BlueLyon? :D

Or are you trolling?

Never ever think you can get on there level, forget it Cap just forget it.

Nani?

Queresma?

Carvalho?

Falcao?

Heskey will be a goal every other game player in those countries.

Carvalho is a defender, as I have already stated before, defenders are a different kettle of fish. If there is a defender that stands out in Portugal, he is certain to be world class. To even look competent when you're surrounded by a million Bosingwa's is an achievement.

Quaresma? Why thank you for adding another example of players who can't hack it once they leave.

Nani and Ronaldo? Teenagers when they left. 5 more years in Portugal and they may have given Eusebio's scoring records a run for their money.

Falcao? While he has still been excellent at Atletico Madrid, his numbers have declined from his Portugal days.

Once again, please read my post before jumping to conclusions. I never said Heskey will be better than Hulk in Portugal. I said he would be a far better player in Portugal than he has been in England.

It doesnt matter where you play, if you are class, you will rock any league.

Hulk is great and will give us boost in attack, if Hulk wont, I guess there is no better guarantee our next winger will be good. Besides there are not many top class wingers out there linked with us and in fact Hulk is our only possible big class winger we can get.

He is fantastic winger who plays good on big matches. And he is just about to join us.

It doesnt matter where you play, if you are class, you will rock any league.

Hulk is great and will give us boost in attack, if Hulk wont, I guess there is no better guarantee our next winger will be good. Besides there are not many top class wingers out there linked with us and in fact Hulk is our only possible big class winger we can get.

He is fantastic winger who plays good on big matches. And he is just about to join us.

Hulk is BEAST!!!!!!!

I remember some people being against us signing Falcao, because he was playing in the Portuguese league, look how he's done at Atletico? close to 40 goals this season.

Oh yeah, la liga is shit too right? that would explain Aguero scoring more in the PL than he did over there?

La liga is attractive but has bad defence.

Just take that you play only four big games a season against Barca and real and even they have shit defence.

Here in prem, fucking stoke has better defence than any la liga team (bit harsh, but...)

The only real positive thing about Hulk in prem is that he is realy strong and quick, somone who will adopt easy to english style. But I doubt he will score more goals, maybe more assists but not more goals, unless whole our team, consisted of great players will put him level higher.

Heskey will be a goal every other game player in those countries.

Carvalho is a defender, as I have already stated before, defenders are a different kettle of fish. If there is a defender that stands out in Portugal, he is certain to be world class. To even look competent when you're surrounded by a million Bosingwa's is an achievement.

Quaresma? Why thank you for adding another example of players who can't hack it once they leave.

Nani and Ronaldo? Teenagers when they left. 5 more years in Portugal and they may have given Eusebio's scoring records a run for their money.

Once again, please read my post before jumping to conclusions. I never said Heskey will be better than Hulk in Portugal. I said he would be a far better player in Portugal than he has been in England.

First, Who claimed Heskey would be better than Hulk if went to Portugal? :rolleyes:

And Defenders who were hyped up in Portugal, Carvahlo, Coentrao, Ferreria, Silva, etc, they were labeled world class in Portugal. Those mentioned, are they not still World Class after their departure? If anything, their prestige got higher.

Falcao is a prime example of his his talent just emerged in his first year in La Liga

Everything stated still does not in the slightest support your argument in how sending a mediocre player to those leagues will make them perform better.

First, Who claimed Heskey would be better than Hulk if went to Portugal? :rolleyes:

And Defenders who were hyped up in Portugal, Carvahlo, Coentrao, Ferreria, Silva, etc, they were labeled world class in Portugal. Those mentioned, are they not still World Class after their departure? If anything, their prestige got higher.

Falcao is a prime example of his his talent just emerged in his first year in La Liga

Everything stated still does not in the slightest support your argument in how sending a mediocre player to those leagues will make them perform better.

The statistics do. Average players are brilliant in Portugal. Once they leave they perform significantly worse. What reason is there for it not to work the other way?

If we do indeed sign him, anyone else have a feeling Sturridge will leave? Because I certainly do.

I think he is leaving regardless Hulk coming or not. It was really strange how RDM dropped the guy. Hulk is a winger, Sturridge already said he doesnt want to play in such position.

I think he is leaving regardless Hulk coming or not. It was really strange how RDM dropped the guy. Hulk is a winger, Sturridge already said he doesnt want to play in such position.

We'll not really. He's maintained numerous times, he's 'just happy to be playing' wherever.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You