Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he was as good as people claim, "resale value" due to his age would be irrelevant. If he's that good with such a high-potential ceiling, why would we consider selling him?

? Of course its not irrevelant. Doesn't matter who you are. If you are young and have resale value then it adds to the transfer. We paid 32 mil for Hazard, if for some reason he wants to leave, we could get way more than that. If he was 32 then we wouldn't. Just because players are good doesn't mean they stay there in one place.

If you want to have the resale value doesn't matter attitude you may as well say that his price doesn't matter.

We payed the top price expecting Ramires to come in and replace Essien as our #1 box-to-box player.

But this reported figure for what everyone assumes is a 'depth option' who happens to have some of the worst end product in the Bundesliga will and rightly so infuriate some people including myself.

That's 20m which could be added to signing someone like Cavani, De Rossi, a defender, a back up keeper, Shaw, anyone. But no, it's being justified by saying "he works hard." Lalkovic and Boga work hard too in our youth. Why not use them?

"He has potential" - So do Kakuta, Piazon, etc. Why not use them?

There is no logic behind this transfer. None.

Neither are good enough, Schrulle is a far better player

Guys you want to have good bench but dont want to spend money. Thing is that even decent players/prospects now cost a lot, except such players who will forever be average (like Marin). Schurle is expensive but we will only get good players who have only year left on contract. Other way, these clubs will bust prices up highly.

And we are linked with Falcao, Cavani, De Rossi, Lewa, Di Maria etc. Who are all great players, but you find then too expensive, old, shit, bad,...wtf? Yes Falcao was expensive but he is world class striker. He is gone to Monaco, city/real will buy Cavani because he is to expensive for us, Lewa is too inconsistent and will score 40 goals a season at Bayern and we will stick to Torres. Great! And then here is lukaku. Fantastic prospect but he is going to need 2 years to start scoring regulary for us. He wont bang 30 goals in first season. It depends what you want. If we want to compete for title, we need few top players who cost LOT. trophies and cheap buys dont fit together no longer. Bayern, barca, real, city, unted all buy and we neee too. Having Schurrle or Derossi in team is better than having no one. We need to complete buys soon as possible and start with preseason.

You're blind. Torres works hard plenty. He's in fact one of the hardest workers in the team. He's just shit though.

He's not one of our hardest working players at all. There have been too many times last season where I have been so frustrated with Torres' nonchalant, fake commitment to the cause.

people seem to be so ignorant. he is schürely no starter, but he will ADD DEPTH to this squad- thats what people here have been crying for. and when we get it, people moan about it ffs. decide what you want. nowadays, even not world-class player cost around 15-20 m. thats it. deal with it, or deal to be like arsenal and buy semi-good players for half the price and be happy celebrating 4th place like EPL title.

schürrle is for sure 100st time better than marin and he is better than moses. so, definetly, UPGRADE.

You just don't pay this sort of money for someone who will "work hard and give his all". Any of our youth team players would do that without us having to pay a penny in transfers. For this sort of money I expect a lot and I know we won't get it.

You're the only one bringing up that only thing he can do is work hard and give his all. Why can't you recognize his other abilities? There is noone in our youth system at the moment that would be even slightly ready for being a dependable squad player. Who exactly do you think you'd get with 20mil euros, someone who is young and better than Marin, Moses?

Schurrle is much better than Moses yet people didnt moan this much when Moses joined us. Hopefully with Schurrle coming to Chelsea we wont have to play Oscar on the wing.

My point is that you can just say one thing to make it look Great or Bad.

There is this saying: only a fool can't find an excuse. I'm with you on this one, mate.

Give him a fair chance, he is 22 and under a great coach he could unlock his potential. Plus like said above - we all want starting XI packed with expensive superstars in a formation that might work well in a FIFA game, but if we want quality bench, we must spend.

Now what I like about this situation is the big rumours regarding Mourinho having a discussion with the Leverkrusen coach & Schurrle after this testimonial game, shows he's been given that control he desires.

Mourinho clearly approves the deal so can people stop trying to use this as an excuse to abuse the board?

Careful, you're still running to be member of the month. I think you already know that supporting the board and not being ignorant isn't the best way to be popular. :D