Pep's Arrival

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think our early adventures in the transfer market were to convince pep to come. We can run his system a lot better with hazard, hulk and modric (showing interest again according to reports)

We're going to play attacking football, not tika tiki taka or whatever.

There's a difference between the two.

exactly

tiki taka is pass pass and move. dont see chelsea doin that even if pep tries tbh. i think pep will try the manc or rmcf way with chelsea. direct attacking football. no tiki taka nonsense

Pep isn't going to happen, he wants a proper break. A couple of months isn't going to content him, I think he said in his last press conference he wants a whole season off.

Roman is obsessed, and will wait for him.

How do you know what Roman is? He never speaks, it's impossible to know what he wants or thinks.

It is all from the media granted, but its a pretty well acknowledged fact Roman is desperate to get Pep into the club, you can understand why, its not one unsubstantiated story its a whole transfer saga in its own right

Pep isn't going to happen, he wants a proper break. A couple of months isn't going to content him, I think he said in his last press conference he wants a whole season off.

He has said hes definitely taking a years sabbatical in Noo York - but then again peoples words in top flight football tend to be at best flexible or totally reversible

I can see Pep coming in with all of our future signings. I personally would give Di Matteo a contract which he deserved. But still even if he won't get contract here he will probably go to Lazio who need new manager.

He did say he wants a sabatical yes, he did say he's taking a year off yes, but he also said live to the world in a press conference if someone can "Seduce" him then he could be tempted to "train again" now I realise people may think I'm taking it out of context and he means get back to work next year, but he's already said he's getting back to work next year so why would he say it?

:ph34r:

It is all from the media granted, but its a pretty well acknowledged fact Roman is desperate to get Pep into the club, you can understand why, its not one unsubstantiated story its a whole transfer saga in its own right

If Roman were so easy to figure out by random journos, then I doubt he would have become who he is by being so predictable. I would call it anything but 'fact', but I would certainly understand why he might want him.

I, personally, am undecided. It's tempting to think how he might make us play, but on the other hand there are no guarantees. It would also be worrying if we played against Barca, he could have a clash of interests of some sort. I don't know, I don't think it would be the worst appointment possible, but Di Matteo is a true Chelsea legend who achieved so much in so little time, it would hurt and be disrespectful to just kick him out like that - "thanks and now fuck off". Guardiola is nowhere near as blue as Robbie is, and he beat Pep tactically... twice.

How do you know what Roman is? He never speaks, it's impossible to know what he wants or thinks.

After the UCL final, Roman was speaking to the players (through a translator) and he said something along the lines of 'Well done, but you didn't play well'. That should tell you all you need to know about Roman. He wants to play attacking football and common sense says he will go for Pep to achieve that.