David Luiz

the wes

Indeed. He has been a nuisance this season, specially lately. There is no denying that, but going from that to, "he's useless lets sell him!" is kinda crazy to me. Now if we are talking about improving on Ramires, then yes, like someone like Vidal/Pogba, then it's a different story.

I for one, had never heard of David Luiz before we signed him - don't follow Benfica/portugal. Seen lots of Ramires though, and his game hasn't changed a bit. He was no youngster when we signed him and if we didn't want "the athlete" Ramires, then someone made a huge mistake. Because that's what Ramires is and has always been.

Even for Brazil, as you know Ramires isn't a starter and I reckon he shouldn't be for us either, but he can be a useful player nonetheless for no other reason than his ability (poor choice of words) to play in different positions; he has even played in RB!

I've personally never understood why he hasn't ever been tried as a right-back. I've wanted to see him in that position for a long, long time.

Hmm he may well be, but I don't have high hopes for his departure/sitting on the bench next season given that Mourinho wanted him at Inter and Real, so clearly very highly rates him.

Mourinho also took Essien to Real Madrid with him and brought him back here too.

Not saying he's leaving but Mourinho's best quality is his pragmatism....although his worst might be his stubbornness. Wouldn't like to guess which one will win out, although Ramires could well have a spot as a squad player if Lamps and Mikel leave.

Mourinho also took Essien to Real Madrid with him and brought him back here too.

Not saying he's leaving but Mourinho's best quality is his pragmatism....although his worst might be his stubbornness. Wouldn't like to guess which one will win out, although Ramires could well have a spot as a squad player if Lamps and Mikel leave.

I reckon that was because he wanted a friend/someone he could trust given the dressing room split during his era there. Ramires though he didn't know and so would've wanted to bring for his footballing qualities (LOL) rather than personal ones in my opinion. I guess we shall see this summer though: if we do sign a top-class CM they would probably displace Ramires from the starting 11; if not then it's another season (or more) of his atrociousness unfortunately.

I've personally never understood why he hasn't ever been tried as a right-back. I've wanted to see him in that position for a long, long time.

IIRC he played there a couple of games for us last season or the one before and was dreadful.

Where else can we move him inside the team? Should we try to play him in goal? Or better yet, make him manager for a couple of weeks?

IIRC he played there a couple of games for us last season or the one before and was dreadful.

Where else can we move him inside the team? Should we try to play him in goal? Or better yet, make him manager for a couple of weeks?

Couldn't be any worse than Torres upfront...

For a moment I forgot I was at Luiz's thread and not Ramires' :lol:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GEEZER!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Hope he has the match of his life for us today (as there are no doubts he'll play in any position)

BTW it's Mikel's B-day too. They were born on the same day :Goober: